"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > General Cooking Information > Health, Nutrition and Special Diets

Old 10-20-2008, 09:51 AM   #201
Chef Extraordinaire

Send a message via AIM to suziquzie
Well I got into a size 8....
now I want to try to cut the carbs. not entirely, but.... it may be the bagels but I am SO tired of the constant bread I.V.......
Going for 6!!

Old 10-20-2008, 10:00 AM   #202
Sous Chef

You go girl!

Old 10-23-2008, 12:33 PM   #203
Assistant Cook

Well I don't have a lot of weight to loose but I just joined a gym.Used to do martial arts for 4 years straight and i loved it , it was exciting and I always did something else. Gym and weightlifting is killing me,combine that with their sick diet and their "I ate 148 grams of this and that" stories it's even worse

But I guess after I see the results it will be ok. Btw the food on the previous page look soooo nice
Old 10-23-2008, 01:11 PM   #204
Executive Chef

I tried the Special K for breakfast and lunch but barely got through the day. It just isn't enough food. Not that I wanted more food for taste, I got a tad dizzy and wasn't functioning properly.

I started an excersize routine last night. Should build some stamina and help loose the gut.
Old 10-25-2008, 05:34 PM   #205
Senior Cook

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeekinz View Post
I tried the Special K for breakfast and lunch but barely got through the day. It just isn't enough food. Not that I wanted more food for taste, I got a tad dizzy and wasn't functioning properly.

I started an excersize routine last night. Should build some stamina and help loose the gut.
I tried that diet when I lived in San Diego (there are WAY too many stick figures there not to diet) and it is a terribly unhealthy way to lose the pounds. It's under 600 calories for bfst and lunch. Thats sick! I have been eating every two hours (and drinking a glass of water every 2hrs), each meal should be under three hundred cals. It's working great! I am down 26 pounds.(remember: over a 7-8 month time frame )
Old 10-26-2008, 01:12 PM   #206
Sous Chef

Send a message via AIM to mikki
I started the special K diet last week, I lost 5 lbs. as of today. The first 2 days just had cereal for breakfast and lunch and eating a snack bar after breakfast and after lunch, found I was starving by the time I got home. The days after that I added raw carrots and an apple on different days. I filled the void with fruits and veggies which is what the diet says to do. It is hard, to only eat cereal and the other things through out the day, but you can have a normal dinner. We'll see how next week goes, that will decide if I stay on it.
Suzie-- That's great, I've never been a size 8 so forget a size 6. I'll be happy if I get to a size 10 which is what I was about 5 years ago and in high school.
Old 10-26-2008, 07:39 PM   #207
Chef Extraordinaire

Send a message via AIM to suziquzie
LOL thanks Mikki...
I doubt I'll get there either.... bread isn't going anywhere, but I KNOW I am sick of bagels.
That's gotta cut something!!!

I tried the Grape nuts rather than special k once. I was starving too. I think the point on those is to shrink your stomach!!!!!
;)
Good luck everyone!!!
Old 11-14-2008, 04:00 PM   #208
Sous Chef

Send a message via AIM to mikki
OK Special K diet went out the window, I'm so frustrated, went to put on my favorite pair of jeans from last year and they are so tight I can hardly breath. Currently I have 8 pairs of jeans in my closet that don't fit and 2 that do, and now the holidays are coming. THIS SUCKS!!!!!!!
Old 11-14-2008, 04:42 PM   #209
Executive Chef

I've been eating frosted mini wheats for breakfast. For lunch, I buy Campells Chunky soups from Target for under $1.50 per can. I just nuke it in the microwave at work. The funny thing is, I can eat like 3 Whoppers with cheese (of course) or a can of soup and feel satisfied. For dinner, we try to keep it light. Portion control is the main key. You can't eat 40 bowls of Special K and drink diet soda all day and think you're loosing weight. (not saying you do that, just saying ;))

for excersize I've been doing 30 push-ups, 30 scrunches and 50 jumping jacks. I can see the mound moving up a little from my belly. Just bought some super light weight running shoes today to hit the treadmill. I'm siked. I also plan on easing up on the booze since it puts a damper on things.

Winter is coming and I'm craving heaping bowls of goulash and pasta. I need to take control now. lol
Old 11-14-2008, 06:43 PM   #210
Sous Chef

Breakfast has been a smoothie, lately. A banana, 6 oz. TJs papaya nectar, 1 oz. flax meal, 1 oz. hemp protein powder, 1 oz. raw organic coconut oil, 5-6 ice cubes into the Vita-Mix. Big salad late in the afternoon. Leafy greens, red onion, red bell pepper, cucumber, zucchini, carrot, red beet, red cabbage, maybe jicama, radish. A lot of red stuff, all high in anti-oxidants. Hard-boiled eggs or skinless chicken breast, and dressing. Lots of water in between, occasionally fresh vegetable juice, plus too much coffee...I know, I know, but I roast my own. It's too good, no apologies. Stationary bike and free weights. It seems to be working.