"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > General Cooking Information > Health, Nutrition and Special Diets

Old 07-18-2016, 05:56 PM   #2221
Master Chef

Sending best wishes to you, Princess.

Old 07-18-2016, 07:30 PM   #2222
Wine Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessFiona60 View Post
Thanks, Roch and Steve. Decided I can't even do moderate carbs, minimal to no carbs for me.
Isn't it funny how, for some of us, such a small amount makes such a big difference? I can eat 3000-4000 calories a day, and as long as I keep the carbs to a minimum, I don't gain an ounce. But if I up the carbs even a little bit, the weight starts to drift back up again. A few months ago I tried to up my intake to 30-35g a day and within three weeks I had put on 6 pounds. Not to mention I had heartburn for the first time in over a year.

I'd so much rather skip the bread and rice, and stay thin and feel good.

Old 07-19-2016, 08:13 AM   #2223
Ogress Supreme

Site Administrator

Thank you, Cheryl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Kroll View Post
Isn't it funny how, for some of us, such a small amount makes such a big difference? I can eat 3000-4000 calories a day, and as long as I keep the carbs to a minimum, I don't gain an ounce. But if I up the carbs even a little bit, the weight starts to drift back up again. A few months ago I tried to up my intake to 30-35g a day and within three weeks I had put on 6 pounds. Not to mention I had heartburn for the first time in over a year.

I'd so much rather skip the bread and rice, and stay thin and feel good.
It is strange, I am still in the "feeling a bit punk" stage as my body shifts over. But, the scales are already whispering sweet nothings and my glucometer is happy.
Old 09-09-2016, 03:09 PM   #2224
Assistant Cook

I am also trying to lose few pounds and found green tea really effective. Green tea thrice a day plus some exercise is surely helping me to lose weight.
Old 09-09-2016, 05:16 PM   #2225
Sous Chef

I was trying to lose weight, well I am big lass but I am happy as I am. So far all diet are no go due to my muscle problems. So what does my doctor do, send me for a scan to see how much fat I have around my organs. Guess what, I am just a well insulated house with open plan layout, yes no fat around my organs. So back to the drawing board and he thinks if I eat more, so my body store less that might be the answer.

So far, I still havent manage to eat the breakfast he wanted , it way more then I can stomach and the same with lunch and dinner.

Feels so weird being big and told to eat more.
Old 09-10-2016, 09:41 AM   #2226
Executive Chef

My previous stance was, "I'd rather be fat and happy, than flat and snappy!"
Old 09-10-2016, 10:17 AM   #2227
Sous Chef

I eat as much as my four year old, sometimes she eat more then me.

My motto is I rather be loved then anything else and I am.
Old 09-11-2016, 03:14 AM   #2228
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessFiona60 View Post
Thank you, Cheryl

It is strange, I am still in the "feeling a bit punk" stage as my body shifts over. But, the scales are already whispering sweet nothings and my glucometer is happy.
I am with you. As long as my glucometer and doctor are happy with me, then so am I. Although I have lost so much weight, he has asked me if I am now anorexic. No, I am just not as active as I used to be, therefor I have a smaller appetite now. Every so often I try to take a walk outside the building. But there is a big difference between walking inside on a floor that has give and a cement sidewalk. Most of the time I can't even make it from the door to the sidewalk. I also find when I get full of ambition, I start getting chest pains. Something I can do without. Right now I am 5-10 pounds more than I want to be. According to my doctor, I am fine where I am.