Who's Trying to Lose Weight?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Its an app for the iphone called "Lose it!". And its free! I think there's a website too, that you can upload the information I put in the phone to the website, but I never used it. I know the app is free, but I never visited the website. As far as I know, there's no "program" to pay or sign up for. I just use it as a tool on my phone because its always with me and I can enter information from anywhere.

It has been my right arm in my weight loss journey this past year. It adjusts the daily calorie goal as your weight goes down. Whenever you enter a new weight, it will make a slight adjustment to your calorie goal. For example, when I started at 157 pounds, it gave me a daily calorie goal of 1900 or so and now, at 125 pounds, my daily calorie goal is 1600. Once you reach your goal weight, it re-adjusts your calorie goal to "maintenance level" , once I get to 122 pounds, it says my calorie daily level should be 1800 to maintain that weight. It takes your age and height into account when you set it up for the first time. Then you can enter how fast you want to lose weight. I have mine set at 1/2 pound per week, but you can set it for more. That setting also plays a part in the calorie suggestion is gives you.

My favorite part is that it allows you to view a whole week at a time so you can see if your over or above your calorie goal for the week as a whole. This is great for me because I allow myself one "cheat" day a week, so if I go over one day, I can "make up" for it on other days of the week or by adding extra exercise. In addition, you can enter your daily exercise and it will calculate those calories and take that amount of calories off what you've eaten for the day or the week, so you can eat that much more wihtout going over (good for my cheat day).

Overall, its been the best tool for me. Of course, its only as good as the information you put into it.

Thank you very much for the information. I will definitely check it out.:)

I checked out the "lost it" web site & got myself sighned up. Now I am on 2 sites for double the support & motivation. Check out sparkpeople.com sometime it is a great website too.

Weekends are my toughest time to stay on track for eating healthy, anyone else out there have the same problem? I did a little better this weekend but still went over my recomended calorie intake. I got 40 mn. on the elliptical today. Weigh in day is 6-2-11.

Weekends are my toughest time to stay on track for eating healthy, anyone else out there have the same problem? I did a little better this weekend but still went over my recomended calorie intake. I got 40 mn. on the elliptical today. Weigh in day is 6-2-11.

I am ok on the weekend.

Snacking at night has always been my problem.

Maybe if you reduce your daily intake by 50 to 100 calories then you could bank the extra 250 to 500 calories for a guilt free weekend snack. Just a thought.

The main thing is to stick with it:)

The app I use on my phone is "livestrong". It's free and had a lot of calorie information for restaurant food, as well as generic (like potatoes, or pork chops). It has a section for figuring out how many calories you burn doing various exercises, and automatically offsets those calories from your goal.

The app I use on my phone is "livestrong". It's free and had a lot of calorie information for restaurant food, as well as generic (like potatoes, or pork chops). It has a section for figuring out how many calories you burn doing various exercises, and automatically offsets those calories from your goal.

I will defintely check it out. Thanks!

I am ok on the weekend.

Snacking at night has always been my problem.

Maybe if you reduce your daily intake by 50 to 100 calories then you could bank the extra 250 to 500 calories for a guilt free weekend snack. Just a thought.

The main thing is to stick with it:)

night snacking my problem too aunt bea. i am trying to eat dinner later . that seems to help some. i think it is boredom that makes us do it. if there are no goodies, i will just make some. how bout you?:rolleyes:

night snacking my problem too aunt bea. i am trying to eat dinner later . that seems to help some. i think it is boredom that makes us do it. if there are no goodies, i will just make some. how bout you?:rolleyes:

I try to tough it out but, if I get to the point where I need a snack then it is usually a bowl of cereal or a glass of milk and some crackers.

The house is pretty much empty at this point so the temptation is not too great. Also I do better at this time of year. My worst time is from November thru April. Now that is all behind me, literally:ohmy:

I try to tough it out but, if I get to the point where I need a snack then it is usually a bowl of cereal or a glass of milk and some crackers.

The house is pretty much empty at this point so the temptation is not too great. Also I do better at this time of year. My worst time is from November thru April. Now that is all behind me, literally:ohmy:

:LOL:

and she knows what the word "literally" means.

As a server, I often have to eat dinner after I get home from work at 9:30-10:00, then I usually go to bed at 11 to stay on the same sleep schedule as my bf, who works days :( makes not eating late nearly impossible. I've been trying to just have a salad or something light for dinner, but it gets old after awhile. I'm always hungriest for dinner and it's hard to resist just grabbing a burger or pasta or something from work. I'm down to a size three and would like to stay that way.

Kitty, try a cleanse every now and then a detox. I do detox twice a year, it gets rid of stuff that are stuck in your body and have not been flushed out for a while, after that your digestive system picks up and you are fine. I try to cleanse after Christmas and in the spring, sort of like spring cleaning my insides. Right now I am trying to tone up for the summer.

What type of cleanse and detox do you do? I've heard of warm lemon juice & water in the morning... Do you have a "recipe"? LOL!

Thanks for this tip!

I want to get started right away but unlike most I have much more than 10 lbs. I need to drop 50 lbs.

I want to get started right away but unlike most I have much more than 10 lbs. I need to drop 50 lbs.

I'm going for loosing 60 lbs by next April.

Good Job! Shrek has now lost about 27 pounds. He's starting to move around better and be more active.

Thanks! Tell Shrek I said "Great Job and Keep going!! "

Last edited:
I'm down 15 lbs since the beginning of April! WhoooHoooo!!! :)

Good Job! Shrek has now lost about 27 pounds. He's starting to move around better and be more active.

Dave and Shrek way to go! That is such inspiration for me!

I have lost 8 pounds since March. I know that is slower, but considering that my life is a roller coaster right now I am very happy with my progress. I get to the pool when I can (trying for 3 mornings a week), the gym twice a week and now I have an elliptical trainer (thanks to my best friend) which both DH and I are trying to use a few times a day.

I am feeling so much better physically and emotionally for getting fit and thinner. It is so nice not to wear baggy sweats!

This is becoming a lifestyle for us rather than just diet and exercise. The other benefit is that we are spending quality time together exercising, planning healthy dinners and just feeling good!:)

I have lost 8 pounds since March. I know that is slower, but considering that my life is a roller coaster right now I am very happy with my progress. I get to the pool when I can (trying for 3 mornings a week), the gym twice a week and now I have an elliptical trainer (thanks to my best friend) which both DH and I are trying to use a few times a day.

I am feeling so much better physically and emotionally for getting fit and thinner. It is so nice not to wear baggy sweats!

This is becoming a lifestyle for us rather than just diet and exercise. The other benefit is that we are spending quality time together exercising, planning healthy dinners and just feeling good!:)

Good for you! I'm going to see if I can go off the med that is causing my weight gain...it's just depressing to work so hard to lose weight, but be unable to because of a medicine.

Congratulations to you too!!!

I have lost 8 pounds since March. I know that is slower, but considering that my life is a roller coaster right now I am very happy with my progress.

That's great and not that slow at all! It's taken me a year and a half to lose 16lbs and stabalise my weight. (Admittedly that's just increased exercise and a little less eating chocolate as I know it's super slow). So 8lbs in 2 months is brill and with any luck, because you lost it at a reasonable pace, it will stay off too! Good luck, keep at it.

Choc

Back
Top Bottom