Who's Trying to Lose Weight?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
after my last stay in the hospital for falling, i was sent to p.t. they had one there . it really helped. i quit doing at home as i got heavier. worst time to quit, wasn't it. my legs are fine as far as the muscles go. just no endurance. so here i go again.

after my last stay in the hospital for falling, i was sent to p.t. they had one there . it really helped. i quit doing at home as i got heavier. worst time to quit, wasn't it. my legs are fine as far as the muscles go. just no endurance. so here i go again.
Good luck with the PT!

got a week's head start on my new years diet. have lost six pounds already. i am full of veggies, fruit, lots of good salads and lean meat. counting calories.
Good for you!:) You are an inspiration. I need to get going in that direction too.

Keep UP Good Work

Powerplantop: Good work! I, too, am trying to stay trimmer and have had success. I'll turn 50 in July and want to have plenty of energy and be lean and mean.

Dieting never works for me; it has a psychological boomerang effect. Instead, I eat mostly healthy but let myself indulge in small amounts of fatty or sweet things (especially at holidays). I exercise almost daily and avoid most fast and processed foods.

Not sure if anyone reads Cooking Light or Eating Well, but I've found a lot of very tasty recipes in them. Portion control is my biggest problem o:)

powerplantop said:
I have started to really watch what I eat. If I want something I will eat some but I no longer stuff myself. I do eat a lot more real food and mostly stay away from fast and processed foods. Its hard since I travel for work but the results are worth it.

Now it is harder to drop the pounds but the fat is still coming off.

Before I my pants waist size was 38 now I wear 34's and they are loose.

Me March 2010 in Pakistan @ 265lbs.

Me about two weeks ago in Cali, Colombia @ 200lbs.

Way to go, PPT! :clap::flowers::clap:

Today I had celery sticks with homemade hummus. It's a start.

there are a few fine brands of hummus that i like and buy when they are on sale. the flavors i like are usually a combination of garlic, scallions and roasted red peppers. i'm wondering, taxilady, is making your own hummus worth all the work involved? and is homemade hummus significantly better tasting than store bought varieties?

Last edited:
there are a few fine brands of hummus that i like and buy when they are on sale. the flavors i like are usually a combination of garlic, scallions and roasted red peppers. i'm wondering, taxilady, is making your own hummus worth all the work involved? and is homemade hummus significantly better tasting than store bought varieties?

If you use canned chick peas and a food processor, it really isn't a lot of effort. I think my homemade hummus is tastier than restaurant stuff. I have never bought ready made hummus. I use the recipe from Joy of Cooking. The black olives really kick it up a notch.

We did our first weigh-in today for the facility Biggest Loser Contest. The person who loses the highest percentage of body weight will get the entry fees ($20 per entrant). Unfortunately I just got finished losing 18 pounds...I',m now down to the tough weight. But I plan on losing 30 pounds over the next 12 weeks.

PrincessFiona60 said:
We did our first weigh-in today for the facility Biggest Loser Contest. The person who loses the highest percentage of body weight will get the entry fees ($20 per entrant). Unfortunately I just got finished losing 18 pounds...I',m now down to the tough weight. But I plan on losing 30 pounds over the next 12 weeks.

18 pounds! :whistle::clap::clap::yay:

PrincessFiona60 said:
Yeah, $400 if 20 people sign up like they did last year!:LOL:

Think of it as having given birth to quadruplets, and a whole lot cheaper! Congrats!

Last edited:
1/8/10...first heart attack 1/9/10. I'm doing well, don't even think about cigarettes. Chocolate on the other hand...:pig: I got up to 183 from 173 in about 2 months when I went off the Chantix. My yesterday weigh-in...162.

You are doing great, PF. My personal mentor! :) I'm even considering a bicycle!

Think of it as having given birth to quadruplets, and a whole lot cheaper! Congrats!

:LOL: And here I was counting each quarter pound as a stick of butter (fat) pulled from the body. Your image is very motivating. LOL

Back
Top Bottom