Who's Trying to Lose Weight?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I am constantely trying to lose 10 - 15 lbs. i lose it gain it back, so instead of dieting i changed my eating habits.
I use a smaller plate instead of a dinner plate, load up on the salad and veggies first the meat portion then the potatoes or pasta or rice. no second helpings
When you fill the small plate it is still full but compared to the dinner plate filled but alot more. trick the brain
Lots of water instead of soda, plain icetea which i rather have, I am a green tea lover.
desserts a very small portion. snacks - i keep lots of raw veggies in the fridge ready to grab a handfull at any time, or have a bowl of ceral, Instead of grabing that donut or muffin at work i grab the bannana or an apple. oh at times i will have some chips or fries but My new theme everything in moderation.
I have doing this for a lil while and have been keeping weight off and not craving for anything. I also feel alot better. when i dieted and stopped eating thing i craved them and then the diet went out the window.
I still eating pasta and meatballs etc. but instead of plate use a bowl.
I dont eat fast food that much or often but when i do - i'll have a cheeseburger instead of a bigmac. or i'll a grill chicken .
It wasn't a fast lost but it has stayed off and i feel so much better and i do have lil more energy. Plus most of all happier cause iam not thinking i can't have that or this. I have found that alot of the stuff i don't even eat anymore and don't miss it.
I even went to the new resturant here Buffalo wing and had ribs and wings, came with colslaw and fries. ate the coleslaw first then the wings and the ribs. and i was done. didn't even want the fries.

much happier and lighter

now on the other hand. i have a grandson who is the biggest pickiest eater. so we do the opposite with him we use a large dinner plate for him and with the portions it doesn't look like much on his plate so he will eat it

good luck all. enjoy the summer

Last edited:
Hi! New here....and the main reason I joined was to search for some healthy recipes for cooking! I love cooking Paula Deen style ( a lb of bacon, 2 sticks of butter, fat, fat, fat!) But oh so yummy! I'm trying to get fit and need to learn to cook healthier!

For me it's all about portion control...I eat things I like just in moderations and small portions. I cut all sodas and sugarey drinks. I only drink water and iced tea. If I really have a bad craving for a soda I make it diet soda. I make sure to eat 3 full meals a day and healthy snacks in between because everytime you eat you are jumpstarting your metabolism...so contrary to poplular belief, skipping meals is just not the way. I am shedding my last few pounds of baby weight and I feel so much healthier.

me 2...i want to reduce 15lbs. The thing is whenever I see my fav food Iam not able to resist and thus land up on my old weight :( iam trying hard...let us see...

I am constantely trying to lose 10 - 15 lbs. i lose it gain it back, so instead of dieting i changed my eating habits.
I use a smaller plate instead of a dinner plate, load up on the salad and veggies first the meat portion then the potatoes or pasta or rice. no second helpings
When you fill the small plate it is still full but compared to the dinner plate filled but alot more. trick the brain
Lots of water instead of soda, plain icetea which i rather have, I am a green tea lover.
desserts a very small portion. snacks - i keep lots of raw veggies in the fridge ready to grab a handfull at any time, or have a bowl of ceral, Instead of grabing that donut or muffin at work i grab the bannana or an apple. oh at times i will have some chips or fries but My new theme everything in moderation.
I have doing this for a lil while and have been keeping weight off and not craving for anything. I also feel alot better. when i dieted and stopped eating thing i craved them and then the diet went out the window.
I still eating pasta and meatballs etc. but instead of plate use a bowl.
I dont eat fast food that much or often but when i do - i'll have a cheeseburger instead of a bigmac. or i'll a grill chicken .
It wasn't a fast lost but it has stayed off and i feel so much better and i do have lil more energy. Plus most of all happier cause iam not thinking i can't have that or this. I have found that alot of the stuff i don't even eat anymore and don't miss it.
I even went to the new resturant here Buffalo wing and had ribs and wings, came with colslaw and fries. ate the coleslaw first then the wings and the ribs. and i was done. didn't even want the fries.

much happier and lighter

now on the other hand. i have a grandson who is the biggest pickiest eater. so we do the opposite with him we use a large dinner plate for him and with the portions it doesn't look like much on his plate so he will eat it

good luck all. enjoy the summer

Thanks a lot letscook, This will surely help me out. Will try your way!:)

Count me in, I've got leftover baby-weight to lose now. I don't want to buy new pants!

When I joined DC about a half a year ago, I spouted on about how I needed to eat healthy because I just got a desk-job after 12 years of bartending...

BF also wanted to lose a few LBs so it seemed like a no-brainer...

Well, here's my rant: :angry:My BF, all he has to do is THINK about losing weight and the lbs shed off. I do all of the cooking and feeding in our house so I know how large our portions are, what goes into the food, and frequency of meals. BF eats an obnoxious restaurant meal for lunch every day. I have veg salad w/ viniagrette. He has lost 25 lbs since Xmas and NEVER exercises.:bash: I lost 8 and plateaued. I work out 1 hr/day, 5 days/wk. Eat less, eat healthier, and still can't shake the 15 lbs I gained at the new job. :cry: PLUS, two days off the dieting wagon has my belt BUSTING and shirt buttons popping (girls, you know what I'm saying).:unsure:

ARGHHH

Thanks for starting this thread, I really needed to get that out of my system before I started sabotaging his dinner plate with some bacon grease and oleo.:angel:;)

Count me in, I've got leftover baby-weight to lose now. I don't want to buy new pants!

I feel you on not wanting to buy new pants....I look at all my old sexy clothes for inspiration :ermm:...*sigh* one day i'll be back in that mini skirt...

Yay! More people!!

I'm still doing really well, keeping the carbs & calories down. Had a lovely tofu stir fry for dinner tonight. Earlier I made a bean pate with adzuki beans and dipped roasted veggies in it, it was so tasty!

Hope everybody is doing well!!!

Sankum-- Good Luck - You will be happy
To date down 16 lbs in 4 mths and not gaining any back
I even have had an Ice cream cone or 2. I order kids size cone. just enough to know i had ice cream.

Sankum-- Good Luck - You will be happy
To date down 16 lbs in 4 mths and not gaining any back
I even have had an Ice cream cone or 2. I order kids size cone. just enough to know i had ice cream.
Thanks.Will surely update you my progress :)

OK just started a low carb diet today i'm already going crazy, also my stomach and ribs hurt from doing crunches and leg lifts to get rid of my gut. I'm determined to lose weight though. My goal is 25 lbs, but i'll be happy if I lose 20.

Nice work Mikki! I've been doing semi low-carb and it's working very well. No sugar, grains, bread and I even gave up my beloved steel cut oats for a while!

So far so good on the low-alcohol diet.... 8 lbs in 12 days?
It seems a little off to me, either my scale was screwed up, or I had really heavy jeans on, or the PMS bloat was still with me. Or a combo of all of it.

Sorry, didn't mean to rub it in, but sometimes being skinny isn't good. I'd rather have a little good fat. You know, body.

Suz, some of it was water weight. It also happens when you stop eating heavy carb foods, our body drops some of the ww it was holding.

Now to move on to actually fat loss! I'll be doing a 5 mile walk today and more packing...good calorie burner!

Hows everyone doing then? I had wine and pasta and dessert on Saturday and man was I all bloated on Sunday! Just now starting to feel better. Blah!

Back to my usual salads and 2+liters of water per day.

I was sorta thrown off this weekend food-wise, had some family gatherings, but we did a ton of yard work so it was probably a wash. Stuck in the house all day yesterday due to rain, and didn't pig out. yay me! :)

Back
Top Bottom