Who's Trying to Lose Weight?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
babetoo said:
thanks aunt bea, blew diet last night with cookies. i keep for great grandchildren. will have to buy them snacks that i don't like. gummy bears comes to mind

Candy corn lol. Or use fruit as snack for them, and cookies/candy as a rare treat. That's what my grandma did. When I eat grapefruit (with no sugar added) I still moan and groan with how good it is. My parents didn't buy it, so I only got it at grandma's. I have to deal with my skinny bf's pop and cookies around the house. He had a batch of cookie dough in the fridge for a week and I didn't eat any of it!! And I only ate 3 of the cookies he made. Now that took some will power.

I did drink two glasses of pepsi yesterday tho :/ I'm at the heavier side of my normal weight fluctuation right now so I'm trying to be good until my pants aren't so tight.

thanks aunt bea, blew diet last night with cookies. i keep for great grandchildren. will have to buy them snacks that i don't like. gummy bears comes to mind

I also have to buy things that don't tempt me. One thing that works for me is the refrigerated cookie dough. I am not tempted to run out and bake them when I need a fix but, I can bake them up on short notice if I need a treat for a small visitor.

Keep at it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

What about the weight watchers fudge bars? I think they are pretty good :yum:

i am really having a tough time, trying not to eat in the evening. anyone have something that works for them. i think part of it is meds. i take at night. have to take so need to overcome that somehow.

i am really having a tough time, trying not to eat in the evening. anyone have something that works for them. i think part of it is meds. i take at night. have to take so need to overcome that somehow.

That's when I eat 2 tablespoons of peanut or almond butter on rye crackers.

Don't be mean to yourself, I think you're setting yourself up to fail.
It's OK to eat, just find something that works for you....have a couple
of Dill pickle spears, they're only a few calories, or have some Yogurt,
Dannan "Light & Fit" is low calorie, have some Granola, homemade is best.

I use "Rolled Oats" in almost everything, I add them to soup, stew, on
my sandwich, in Tuna fish, mix the oats in with ground beef, with eggs;
almost everything....they don't change the taste of anything, they help
to fill you up, they add whole grain to your diet and help you feel
more full.

Have some Bananas, Oranges, Apples, Carrots, Celery, and whatever
else you like, so when you get hungry, you can eat them instead of
chip, cookies and candy. Just a little bit of peanut butter on a stalk
of celery can be filling. If you don't like the long fibers on the celery,
use a peeler to peel the bottom of the celery stalk off to get rid
of them.

here's my favorite way to cut calories, and in a most pleasurable way, too: i stroll and scroll the member's food photo gallery, devouring the deliciously pictured meals there with an active imagination. i do this most frequently in the early mornings and late evenings when my appetite just won't let me be....fantasy foods can offer a short-term fix for a calorie conscious foodie....

I am a night eater and I need to plan for my fourth meal in my calorie allowance.

I do the peanut butter, crackers and small glass of skim milk or a banana/skim milk and ice cube milkshake buzzed up in the blender.

I agree with Al, don't be mean to yourself, keep experimenting! :flowers:

the diet is going well. i have lost ten pounds in five weeks. counting calories seems to work. i know i am eating better. at least twenty more pounds to go. i just keep telling myself that i can do it. how is everyone else doing on their quest to shed the fat??

I am feeling better and losing slowly, I have a long, long way to go. The biggest problem I have is the new energy and need for less sleep. I hate it! I really enjoyed my long naps and full nights sleep. I need to come up with a new routine to use this extra time. :(:ermm::ohmy:

I really enjoy reading all of the progress reports and little tips. They help inspire me and keep things fresh!

Now about that exercise...............

the diet is going well. i have lost ten pounds in five weeks. counting calories seems to work. i know i am eating better. at least twenty more pounds to go. i just keep telling myself that i can do it. how is everyone else doing on their quest to shed the fat??

w00t!

Way to go Babe.

They say that losing 2 pounds per week is optimal.

Thirty five years ago I had gastro surgery. They severed all the nerves to my stomach. As a result, I can go days without eating. I never get hunger pains, and looking at food doesn't bother me. You would think I have the perfect situation to lose weigh. I have diabetes, so I have to eat. Unfortunately, if it has fat, I want it. This past week because I haven't been eating due to my cold, I have lost seven pounds. Now if only I can keep them off. I will pick at supper tonight. Probably eat only the carrots. At least it is something. :chef:

I was doing well for awhile with eating right & exercising. I had lost about 30#. Then, after Thanksgiving I just quit eating right & there is just no time to exercise. I do know what I need to do....

2 pounds a week is really good.

I am kind of stuck at the moment but I am so close to my goal that I am not worried. I am still losing fat just not weight which is the real goal anyway. If I lose this last bit of belly fat then there would be no reason to lose any more. I will just have to see what happens. I did not put it on over night so it may take a while to take it all off.

You haave reached a plateau. Quite normal when dieting. Your body is taking the time to adjust to your weight loss. You will start losing again soon.:chef:

Actually, I'm gaining muscle which weighs more than fat, still burning the fat. I'm not worried. If I wasn't losing inches I would be plateaued.

I am feeling better and losing slowly, I have a long, long way to go. The biggest problem I have is the new energy and need for less sleep. I hate it! I really enjoyed my long naps and full nights sleep. I need to come up with a new routine to use this extra time. :(:ermm::ohmy:

I really enjoy reading all of the progress reports and little tips. They help inspire me and keep things fresh!

Now about that exercise...............

aunt bea, no exercising going on here. keep trying to get back on my bike . so far not doing so well on it. i have more energy too and i like that part. my night sleeping is messed up though. not sure why. ah well, we can only try!:cool:

Back
Top Bottom