Who's Trying to Lose Weight?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Well, I'm down 3.8 pounds for the first three weeks. It's slow progress but at least the needle on the scale is going in the right direction.
Good for you! It's a start. Good inspiration for me to get started, again.

PF, I'm guessing you weren't soaking kalamata olives? Finally, today, they taste like they aren't too salty. I can see from this thread that I started soaking them on 4 Feb.

I think it's that shiny skin that repels the water.

I'm going to try some of the green ones with pimentos next. They should be easier.

No, I just soaked a can of black olives, Black Pearls. I don't soak my Kalamatas, I just wait until I can have a salt free day and then pig out.

No, I just soaked a can of black olives, Black Pearls. I don't soak my Kalamatas, I just wait until I can have a salt free day and then pig out.

I won't be doing any free salt days for a while. That blood pressure that shot up to 180 is going down. I measured it Friday and it was 143. Not eating so much salt seems to be doing the trick.

I won't be doing any free salt days for a while. That blood pressure that shot up to 180 is going down. I measured it Friday and it was 143. Not eating so much salt seems to be doing the trick.

I am intesnly sensitive to salt, it shows up in my blood pressure, every time. But, if I can cut out salt in all of my food for a day, I can enjoy the kalamatas for a snack. I didn't mean that for one day I would just kick my low salt diet to the curb...I will do that for carbs, but not for salt.

I am intesnly sensitive to salt, it shows up in my blood pressure, every time. But, if I can cut out salt in all of my food for a day, I can enjoy the kalamatas for a snack. I didn't mean that for one day I would just kick my low salt diet to the curb...I will do that for carbs, but not for salt.

That makes better sense.

I had grapes, cheddar and stewed chicken for dinner tonight. I have a weigh in tomorrow for our facility Weight Loss Survivor game. So far my weight has stayed steady, even with exercise. But, when I put on clothes (size 16 pants) they are difficult to keep up...so I know I am losing inches.

I got back on the elliptical this morning for the first time in 3 months. It was only for 10 minutes but will get more time in after work.

thank you, that makes me feel better. i didn't eat one bite of frosting when the kids were decorating valentine cookies. ;)
\

Good for you. Keep up the good work. I do all the baking for my whole family. Come holiday time, my home smellls like a bakery. But like you, I never even lick one finger or even take a smidgen of taste. Don't be so hard on yourself. Take those small snacks between meals. A fresh piece of fruit, a couple of pretzels, etc. And when you know you are going to be baking, make sure you have that snack before you even start to gather your ingredients. You will be less likely to take a tiny taste. Good luck. And we are all behind you. :chef::chef:

So far so good. I'm down a total of 5.5 pounds in 4 weeks- 19.5 pounds more to go! Hoping to reach my goal weight in June. Its frustrating because I was at my goal weight last June, then in July, our family moved, we started new jobs, kids started new schools, I was out of my normal exercise routine and with schedules crazy, there was a lot of take out dinners. I gained 25 pounds in 7 months! Now that things have settled and we've gotten into a routine, I'm back to running and the gym and can focus again. I just want to get back to where I was a year ago.

I've been getting more accustomed to smaller portions. I haven't cut out any foods at all, when I want something fattening, I've just been eating a small amount of it. I give myself 1 cheat meal a week, its usually Saturday's when we eat out. Knowing that I can have what I want in that meal helps to keep me sane the rest of the week. At first 1500 calories a day seemed like so little, but now it seems like a pretty normal amount. The key is not letting myself get too hungry- I have found that I have to keep a snack with me all the time. In my desk at work, I have an orange, some v-8 cans, popcorn, etc. to have just in case I feel hungry. If I let myself get too hungry, I always overeat at the next meal.

I'm going to start training for a 10K next week. I've been pretty consistent at running 2-3 miles 3 days a week until now. So, I'd like to add mileage and do a 10K in June as a goal to work toward.

Hope everyone else is hanging in there.

Last edited:
So far so good. I'm down a total of 5.5 pounds in 4 weeks- 19.5 pounds more to go! Hoping to reach my goal weight in June. Its frustrating because I was at my goal weight last June, then in July, our family moved, we started new jobs, kids started new schools, I was out of my normal exercise routine and with schedules crazy, there was a lot of take out dinners. I gained 25 pounds in 7 months! Now that things have settled and we've gotten into a routine, I'm back to running and the gym and can focus again. I just want to get back to where I was a year ago.

I've been getting more accustomed to smaller portions. I haven't cut out any foods at all, when I want something fattening, I've just been eating a small amount of it. I give myself 1 cheat meal a week, its usually Saturday's when we eat out. Knowing that I can have what I want in that meal helps to keep me sane the rest of the week. At first 1500 calories a day seemed like so little, but now it seems like a pretty normal amount. The key is not letting myself get too hungry- I have found that I have to keep a snack with me all the time. In my desk at work, I have an orange, some v-8 cans, popcorn, etc. to have just in case I feel hungry. If I let myself get too hungry, I always overeat at the next meal.

I'm going to start training for a 10K next week. I've been pretty consistent at running 2-3 miles 3 days a week until now. So, I'd like to add mileage and do a 10K in June as a goal to work toward.

Hope everyone else is hanging in there.
Good for you!! With your take charge attitude with things is inspirational to me to get started again.

Pretty soon we will see you winning the Boston Marathon! Keep up the good work. We are all pulling for you. Those pounds are easy to put on an sooo hard to take off. :chef:

I'm down to 145, 7 pounds gone, 18 more to go. I'm doing much better with the exercising than the eating. My 1 cheat meal turns into a cheat weekend. Especially today, we did Chinese takeout, which is my favorite, and I ate like a million calories! Thankfully I got a 4 mile run in this morning also. I'm sure as I get closer to my goal weight, I won't be able to get away with the overeating like I do now. I'm finding that the key is not eating out so much, when I cook and take my own lunch to work, I stay on track. But if I forget my lunch and have to eat out, it's over.

i am so proud of myself. i have lost 15 pounds. still counting calories, and it seems to get easier, rather than harder. i try not to think about the other thirty i have to lose. but i am determined to be successful. i do find i have more energy. my blood sugars are wonderful. and i have been able to cut my insulin use in half. so wish me luck, everyone.

i am so proud of myself. i have lost 15 pounds. still counting calories, and it seems to get easier, rather than harder. i try not to think about the other thirty i have to lose. but i am determined to be successful. i do find i have more energy. my blood sugars are wonderful. and i have been able to cut my insulin use in half. so wish me luck, everyone.

I'm impressed.

Wishing you luck Babe.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom