"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > General Cooking Information > Health, Nutrition and Special Diets

Old 03-04-2011, 06:31 AM   #331
Executive Chef

Portion control is just as important as the amount of carbohydrates (starches). Take 1/3 less rice than you're used to and gradually get you're body used to eating less... not overnight... not all at once, but over the course of a month.

Fewer carbohydrates...
More vegetables to fill in...
No carbs after 6:00 p.m. (you're body will turn carbs directly to fat while you sleep)
A positive attitude and explore creative but pleasant ways to alter your diet with the results always in mind as motivation.

Old 03-04-2011, 07:29 AM   #332
Executive Chef

I have been on the dietchef regime for 5 wks, I have lost 16lbs.

Old 03-04-2011, 04:12 PM   #333
Cook

I've been losing steadily for a while now, total lost is about 60lbs!! I've made bad choices this week with food and exercise so tonight's dinner I'm getting back on the bandwagon. I'm 155lbs, goal is about 140.

No secret diet or anything, just burning more calories than I consume. eating foods that are good for me and cutting out the junk (fast food, hfcs, etc). And I exercise.
Old 03-14-2011, 10:58 PM   #334
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bolas De Fraile View Post
I have been on the dietchef regime for 5 wks, I have lost 16lbs.
Congratulations!! Please share your secrets.
Old 03-15-2011, 01:06 AM   #335
Senior Cook

I have been following a diet for 4 weeks now. At first it was very hard specially because I am the only one in my house tring to loose weight. So I am cooking special dinner for me and also cooking another dinner for my family each day. But now I got used to it. I have only lost 11 Ibs. My goal is 30 Ibs. Wish me luck
Old 03-15-2011, 04:10 AM   #336
Executive Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by simonbaker View Post
Congratulations!! Please share your secrets.
Thank you, its was six weeks yesterday and I have lost 21lbsDiet Chef | Enjoy Losing Weight
Old 03-15-2011, 05:01 PM   #337
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrs.mom View Post
I have been following a diet for 4 weeks now. At first it was very hard specially because I am the only one in my house tring to loose weight. So I am cooking special dinner for me and also cooking another dinner for my family each day. But now I got used to it. I have only lost 11 Ibs. My goal is 30 Ibs. Wish me luck
Good luck! I'm dieting also I's only ben not quite a week. I have alot to lose. I cook seperately for myself & another meal for my family. It's a struggle but I'll get used ti it.
Old 03-15-2011, 05:17 PM   #338
Master Chef

I am in the process of losing quite a bit. This time I decided to concentrate on eating a normal amount of calories and not going on a highly restrictive plan. This with some exercise is working. Also eat a lot of citrus because the activity involved in peeling them takes some time.
Old 03-15-2011, 05:27 PM   #339
Master Chef

Site Moderator

I had lost 15 lbs between August and mid-November of last year, 10 of them are now back. (I stopped walking when the weather got cold and they all came back). So I am now trying to loose those 10lbs by the end of April and another 25 lbs by the beginning of August.
Old 03-15-2011, 06:27 PM   #340
Sous Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aunt Bea
I am in the process of losing quite a bit. This time I decided to concentrate on eating a normal amount of calories and not going on a highly restrictive plan. This with some exercise is working. Also eat a lot of citrus because the activity involved in peeling them takes some time.
I eat grapefruit because it keeps me busy for awhile lol. I use a serrated knife to cut off the peel, the pick out the juicy sections with my fingers and leave the tough bitter membrane behind. Personally I like grapefruit with no sugar. Obviously this wouldn't work for someone who needs piles of sugar ;)