Who's Trying to Lose Weight?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
To add my two cents worth to the drained and rinsed ground beef debate, I do sometimes drain mine, and I have (if it is especially greasy) rinsed it a little. When I do, though, I always wipe the pan out and then put the meat back in to quickly cook off whatever water is on it. :cool:

I have a nice cast iron pan I like to use to brown ground anything. We absorb the grease with paper towels in the pan. It absorbs the grease yet does'nt take away the good flavor of the browning in the pan.

60 calories over my daily goal today. Shouldn't have buttered that bread!! Lol. Just kidding- that is still doing pretty dang good!!

We didn't lose as much the 2nd week of our diet, but our clothes are fitting looser. James wore pants to church that he had not been able to put on for over 6 months. :)

We didn't lose as much the 2nd week of our diet, but our clothes are fitting looser. James wore pants to church that he had not been able to put on for over 6 months. :)
:clap:Yay, Barbara and James!:clap: That's fantastic! Every little bit counts!

I have not been "trying" to lose, even though I want to. However, with only getting certain foods down my throat and doing my pool walking I am feeling more fit. I haven't weighed myself in forever (nervous to I guess!) but I am also finding clothes fit better.:)

I have lost about 10 pounds since starting a large garden. It's been fun and food related and should help promote healthy eating in our house. Tilling and planting is much more strenuous than I expected

I have lost about 10 pounds since starting a large garden. It's been fun and food related and should help promote healthy eating in our house. Tilling and planting is much more strenuous than I expected
That's great! I am hoping to have another garden next year. Both times I have started a garden here (once in the yard and once a container garden) I have gotten sick and couldn't tend them. I always joke that gardening makes me sick. :wacko: I love fresh produce from the garden though, especially tomatoes and zucchini. :cool:

:clap:Yay, Barbara and James!:clap: That's fantastic! Every little bit counts!

I have not been "trying" to lose, even though I want to. However, with only getting certain foods down my throat and doing my pool walking I am feeling more fit. I haven't weighed myself in forever (nervous to I guess!) but I am also finding clothes fit better.:)
That's great!

I'm not kidding, I am loving this diet. It is the first one that James has been "all in" on (and it was his idea in the first place). I even realized tonight that (when we have some money, of course) if we eat at a nice steak restaurant, I can still have fried mushrooms as long as I don't get croutons on my salad or have the bread or potatoes. The breading on the mushrooms would be the only starch, and mushrooms are a sugar blocker. The amazing thing is, we were both big bread and potato eaters, but we have not even missed them. :cool:

I have renewed my quest to lose weight. What I'm doing is pretty simple. I'll just give an example with what I ate today so far. I ate sort of a late breakfast of homemade granola with some fresh strawberries and blueberries in it. Then at about 12:30pm I had a banana and orange. Then at 2:30 I finished off the granola and fresh fruit. For dinner I just have whatever the rest of the family is having. This seems to be working for me, and I feel great!

I have found that adding more exercise and eating lots of veggies (from the garden) keep my weight in check. I don't eat carbs (pasta, bread) very often, nor do I eat fried foods very often. I also have cut out sugar--I drink Seltzer with some vinegar added (cider, red wine) and that curbs my desire for sweets. My one downfall, is I love homemade ice cream. But, I don't eat that every day.

I have started to really watch what I eat. If I want something I will eat some but I no longer stuff myself. I do eat a lot more real food and mostly stay away from fast and processed foods. Its hard since I travel for work but the results are worth it.

Now it is harder to drop the pounds but the fat is still coming off.

Before I my pants waist size was 38 now I wear 34's and they are loose.

Me March 2010 in Pakistan @ 265lbs.
img_1150378_0_740316d06f77bf7756c33d0745709911.jpg

Me about two weeks ago in Cali, Colombia @ 200lbs.
img_1150378_1_01236581c300e7e6b1433349cc6e4e19.jpg

Me in Cali again, I was 195 when I left home 6 weeks ago.

img_1150378_2_bfd52d6acdc93a9be94570896688e7cd.jpg

Looking good, missing your videos...and when is that soy sauce going to be done???

I hope you are having a good time.

Thank you. I will make more when I get back.

I need to ask my wife how it is doing...I had forgotten that I was making that.

I always have a good time.

Latest update: The weight is kind of hovering in the same place this week, but our clothes are loosening up and we are feeling more energetic. The doctor's office just called with our blood test results. I can't remember the numbers (I am horrible at remembering numbers when I just hear them), but when I asked if they could mail the results to us, she said yes. The good news is that my triglycerides are way down (not where they should be yet, but close), and my cholesterol is very good. Both my triglycerides and cholesterol have been bad for a few years.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom