"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > General Cooking Information > Health, Nutrition and Special Diets

Old 04-15-2011, 06:30 PM   #371
Executive Chef

I've been on a plateau now for weeks, bouncing around + or - 3 lbs.

I'm not pleased, but I'm also not discouraged. There have been a number of factors besides what I've eaten that have thrown me off. (New medications, eating out more than normal, etc.) I'm not on any kind of time schedule, so my weight loss will happen when it happens. I'll just fix meals that have fewer carbohydrates than usual for a week or so and then adjust to the new levels.

My body is NOT going to depress me or be the cause of me losing my normal, cheerful disposition! It is a work in progress!!!

Old 04-23-2011, 08:12 PM   #372
Executive Chef

Hubby and I started a new eating routine 7 weeks ago. I involved him completely in all aspects of it except for the shopping. He's one of those who sneaks things into the cart when I'm not looking so he will have to earn his wings to the grocery store in time. Anyway, he was a huge snacker. Now he's very aware of what he eats as well as how much he eats. The first week was the hardest as we both adjusted to dramatic reductions in our fat and salt intake. But now it's pretty easy. We had great weight loss the first 2 weeks then it leveled out. We are still losing and we both agree that we do not want to have to start this all over again. I'm really proud of him for sticking to this with me and for helping me when I was having a "moment" that required chocolate that I couldn't have.

Old 04-23-2011, 11:40 PM   #373
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by simonbaker View Post
Don't give up, there's always tomorrow.

am starting a calorie counting diet on may 1, we'll see how i do. i know how to do it but it is still hard. ordering groceries with that in mind. wish me luck.
Old 04-24-2011, 12:09 AM   #374
Certified Cake Maniac

My two sisters-in-law, my two nieces and a couple of friends are all trying to lose "just 10-pounds" with an actual goal of getting fit and whatever weight and inches go with that as a bonus.

My biggest food challenge is chocolate. While I have semi-retired from cake decorating, I am still surrounded by sugar and chocolate. Chocolate can give me migraines, but it is also my go-to food when under stress (which is most of the time!). So, I am really needing support for not buying, making or accepting anything that would test my temptations. In the last 6 weeks I have lost five pounds and my clothes are super baggy - for from building muscle with my workout plan which includes two pool classes a week, a gym workout specially designed for me and my health issues and going for walks with family and friends.

http://beinglydia.com
LPBeier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2011, 12:15 AM   #375
Ogress Supreme

Site Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by LPBeier View Post
My two sisters-in-law, my two nieces and a couple of friends are all trying to lose "just 10-pounds" with an actual goal of getting fit and whatever weight and inches go with that as a bonus.

My biggest food challenge is chocolate. While I have semi-retired from cake decorating, I am still surrounded by sugar and chocolate. Chocolate can give me migraines, but it is also my go-to food when under stress (which is most of the time!). So, I am really needing support for not buying, making or accepting anything that would test my temptations. In the last 6 weeks I have lost five pounds and my clothes are super baggy - for from building muscle with my workout plan which includes two pool classes a week, a gym workout specially designed for me and my health issues and going for walks with family and friends.
Yay, LP I'! Good Job!

I'm gaining weight, but losing inches. Seems really weird, even though I understand why. I am told that I will start losing some weight again and make it to my goal.
Old 04-24-2011, 12:46 AM   #376
Chef Extraordinaire

Send a message via Skype™ to taxlady
Quote:
In the last 6 weeks I have lost five pounds and my clothes are super baggy - for from building muscle with my workout plan which includes two pool classes a week, a gym workout specially designed for me and my health issues and going for walks with family and friends.
Yay for baggy clothes! And for working out.
Old 04-24-2011, 12:53 AM   #377
Certified Cake Maniac

Who would have thunk that it would be my 85 year old father trying his hardest at classes for his COPD (held at the Y) who would inspire me to join up and finally get fit! Now we are each others' cheerleader!

But about the baggy pants - I have to go get some new workout clothes....all these really "buff" people in their workout wear and me with my cane and baggy clothes! No a pretty picture

Old 04-24-2011, 12:55 AM   #378
Ogress Supreme

Site Administrator

Quote:
Who would have thunk that it would be my 85 year old father trying his hardest at classes for his COPD (held at the Y) who would inspire me to join up and finally get fit! Now we are each others' cheerleader!

But about the baggy pants - I have to go get some new workout clothes....all these really "buff" people in their workout wear and me with my cane and baggy clothes! No a pretty picture
I had to get two new pairs of workout pants, my others were sliding off. I got to buy MEDIUMS!!!!! I also managed to put two new tops in the cart, too
Old 04-24-2011, 01:32 AM   #379
Certified Cake Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessFiona60 View Post
I had to get two new pairs of workout pants, my others were sliding off. I got to buy MEDIUMS!!!!! I also managed to put two new tops in the cart, too
I am actually looking forward to seeing what size I am now. Yes, I am hoping to sneak a couple of other items in too! I have some "spend this much get this much off" certificates for my favourite clothing store so Monday I will be having some fun!

Old 04-25-2011, 05:36 PM   #380
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by babetoo View Post
am starting a calorie counting diet on may 1, we'll see how i do. i know how to do it but it is still hard. ordering groceries with that in mind. wish me luck.
A great web site to check out is sparkpeople.com it's where you track your food, they do the calorie count for you. It's been a hige motivater for me. I lost 22 pounds in 42 days.