Who's Trying to Lose Weight?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Weight loss has been easy this week, I spent most of it sick with abdominal cramps. No idea what is causing them, but it kills my appetite completely.

You figure that one out, package it and sell it! Just remember if you do any kind of weights or running that muscle mass weighs more than fat, so at first you might not appear to be loosing any weight, but you should see yourself toning up.
What I have learned from Physical Therapy so far: Don't do just one thing, sometimes do aerobics, sometimes jogging, sometimes weights. Don't starve yourself, instead first switch to healthy foods and reduce your fat intake as well as reducing processed foods, snacks, sweets, etc. Replace them with healthy snacks. Once you have adjusted, then start cutting back. Her point: One thing at a time, if you try to do it all at once, you are 100 times more likely to fail.
Good luck!

Mav! Hope you feel better soon. Make sure you are drinking loads of water.

Mesh, how about dropping some of the bad carbs? Cut down on bread, pasta, rice & cereals. Eat only whole wheat bread but not everyday. Try whole wheat pasta and brown rice. Don't eat junky muffins, pastries, donuts, chips, cookies etc. Most important is how many calories you are eating and how many you are burning.

You can do it!!!!!

Get well, Maverick. Sorry to hear you are under the weather.

I have a tip for the calorie-conscious: Calorie Counter, Diet Tracking, Food Journal, Nutrition Facts at The Daily Plate

I have been using this for about 10 days now. It is a real eye-opener for the first week, and now it is like a game with myself. Like a competition to keep my calories down. I am much more aware of how much I've put in my mouth, and how much more I can fit in!

Very easy-to-use. Tracks your calories and acivities, makes suggestions, charts, etc. and FREE!

I think it gives you a little too much credit for "calories burned" in many categories, so I adjust for that. Keeping it real. Anyone else use this or another web-based counter?

I am in the portion control group. You can eat almost anything if you just pay attention to how much of it you are consuming. Low carbs is good, but no carbs is bad in my opinion. Also, I have scanned all of the pages and don't see a lot of exercise mentioned. Start walking, even if it's just to the corner in back at first. You'll be amazed at how quickly you will look forward to getting out and how much better you will feel. It's all about changing your lifestyle a bit. When we eat out, I have the wait staff box half of my entree before I even see it, especially if it's pasta.

Good luck to all of you out there who are trying to get to a healthier life style. Just don't obsess on it, and you'll feel fine and not deprived.

Holy exercise by accident batman!
I started putting in a new flower bed on Tuesday. I was out there squatting and crawling around for about 3-4 hours. I felt fine when I was doing it, but I am still so sore in the legs I can barely walk!!! Am I outta shape or what?! I'm only half done I hope today is better.
Moral of the story, cardio is great, it's my favorite part, but don't forget that strength training!!!

Nice work on the strength-training-by-gardening workout!!

Lunges and squats Suzi!! They literally kick my bu**!

let's see.. I belong to this forum: 3 fat chicks on a diet
I'm working on shedding about 20lbs... I started out with the south beach diet.. but found it to be too restrictive of fruits and carbs.. I have gotten into eating WHOLE foods. whole grains, veggies, fruits, beans, nuts, seeds, and fish.. meat has become a when-I-have-to kinda thing...
I have started counting calories... I currently intake 1900-2000/day and I track it at this website: fitday
I like fitday because I can customize foods and add foods that aren't in there.. so homemade dishes.. etc.. some calorie counting websites don't have that part...
this way.. I eat what I want, when I want and how I want.. I control my own body..
And I exercise at least 60mins a day doing a Walking video that works on upper body also.. and I also do an abs video (8mins) and at times a tae bo along with bike rides and walks otherwise..
So far, I started at 161... down to 155..then up to 156.. and am working on getting down and keeping it down..

Hey, DW is on that same forum!
As for me, turned out to be appendicitis, I went into the doctors late Wednesday and he sent me to the ER. They did surgery around 11pm and I woke up around 3:30am. DW had to leave around 10pm as she was tired so she wasn't there for it. She was able to visit me briefly Thursday evening, but was working on the north side of Chicago today when I was released, so I walked home from the hospital.
Now I am tired, sore, and resting.

Oh no Mav! I can't believe that! Hope you are home resting and watching some comfort movies! Hope you feel better soon. :)

Comfort movies, good idea! Maybe after I get the house cleaned up a bit, it is sorely in need of it.
On the upside I am down 4lbs! I don't know how much an appendix weights, but at least that is not weight I can gain back, LOL.

i started my regimen of exercise. so far I've walked 2 days and I am happy that I actually did it. After trying on shorts and pants that fit last summer and i cannot button them this summer, i can't wait to get all these extra pounds off....

my shorts from last summer are a smidge too big. I like that.
But every spring I depress myself by trying on this one pair from about 10 summers ago now....
I really should just throw those stupid things away now.

Throw them away.. even when you get to where you can fit in them.. you'll want new ones anyway!!! LOL...
so i keep working.. I lost a pound this past week.. we'll see how I do for the rest of it..
Mav.. glad to hear you're feeling better.. and What's DW's name on the forum?

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom