"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > General Cooking Information > Health, Nutrition and Special Diets
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
Old 05-09-2011, 07:58 PM   #421
Executive Chef
 
bakechef's Avatar
Site Moderator
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: North Carolina
Posts: 4,082
Quote:
Originally Posted by babetoo View Post
well folks, i fell off the wagon big time, yesterday. chinese food, chocolate covered strawberries. then for dinner, an eight oz lobster tail dipped in melted butter. however the scale says no harm no foul. so i am back at it today. it was a wonderful mothers day though. my son gave me two tails for mother's day. my daughter brought the chinese and i made the berries. the strawberries were the best i have seen in many years. red and good even in the middle.
You didn't fall off the wagon! You had one of those "that's life" kinda days. one day of indulgence here and there will help keep you sane and won't hurt your progress! Gotta allow life to happen!
__________________

__________________
bakechef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2011, 09:21 PM   #422
Ogress Supreme
 
PrincessFiona60's Avatar
Site Administrator
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Wyoming
Posts: 36,289
Quote:
Originally Posted by simonbaker View Post
Weigh in day for me last thursday. I am down 24 pounds since March 5th. Happy dance!
Fantastic! Congratulations!
__________________

__________________
PrincessFiona60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2011, 09:24 PM   #423
Ogress Supreme
 
PrincessFiona60's Avatar
Site Administrator
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Wyoming
Posts: 36,289
Quote:
Originally Posted by babetoo View Post
well folks, i fell off the wagon big time, yesterday. chinese food, chocolate covered strawberries. then for dinner, an eight oz lobster tail dipped in melted butter. however the scale says no harm no foul. so i am back at it today. it was a wonderful mothers day though. my son gave me two tails for mother's day. my daughter brought the chinese and i made the berries. the strawberries were the best i have seen in many years. red and good even in the middle.
Oh no! That doesn't even count!!! Any meals shared with Great Grandkids does not contain calories...
__________________
PrincessFiona60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2011, 09:35 PM   #424
Chef Extraordinaire
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 10,524
Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessFiona60 View Post
Fantastic! Congratulations!

Thank you to everyone for all your positive support. It really does help.
__________________
simonbaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2011, 02:14 AM   #425
Executive Chef
 
Somebunny's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Blaine, Washington
Posts: 2,649
Quote:
Originally Posted by simonbaker
Weigh in day for me last thursday. I am down 24 pounds since March 5th. Happy dance!
My goodness Sbaker! Good for you! Whatever are you doing that's 3 lbs. Per week!
__________________
If you don't like the food, have more wine!
Somebunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2011, 04:55 PM   #426
Chef Extraordinaire
 
babetoo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: escondido, calif. near san diego
Posts: 14,349
i am really upset with my diet. only lost one pound in a week and a half. at that rate, i will be dead before i reach my goal. except for mothers day have been sticking to a 1200 or 1000 calories diet . i am really not very active but one can only be so active at 73. what to do? any ideas?
__________________
"life isn't about how to survive the storm but how to dance in the rain"
babetoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2011, 04:59 PM   #427
Master Chef
 
Aunt Bea's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: near Mount Pilot
Posts: 7,005
Quote:
Originally Posted by babetoo View Post
i am really upset with my diet. only lost one pound in a week and a half. at that rate, i will be dead before i reach my goal. except for mothers day have been sticking to a 1200 or 1000 calories diet . i am really not very active but one can only be so active at 73. what to do? any ideas?

Just keep going. The pounds will fall off if you stick with it. Ya gotta believe
__________________
Aunt Bea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2011, 06:14 PM   #428
Master Chef
 
luvs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: da 'burgh
Posts: 9,673
maybe you're not ingesting enough, babe, & your metabolism is fixing things for you by compensating by itself. lemme tell 'ya, too few calories generally works less than ingesting a reasonable, -yet restricted-, diet
__________________
i believe that life would not be complete sans comfy 'ol tee-shirts, the Golden Girls, and the color pink
& rock on, PITTSBURGH-
luvs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2011, 06:53 PM   #429
Chef Extraordinaire
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 10,524
Quote:
Originally Posted by babetoo View Post
i am really upset with my diet. only lost one pound in a week and a half. at that rate, i will be dead before i reach my goal. except for mothers day have been sticking to a 1200 or 1000 calories diet . i am really not very active but one can only be so active at 73. what to do? any ideas?
Lifting weights can help increase your metabolism. Pick up some 3-5 # dumbbells or just use some large soup cans for the weights. Lift over your head, up & down or side to side. Good luck with it. Hope this helps.
__________________
simonbaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2011, 06:59 PM   #430
Chef Extraordinaire
 
taxlady's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: near Montreal, Quebec, Canada
Posts: 18,875
Send a message via Skype™ to taxlady
Quote:
Originally Posted by simonbaker View Post
Lifting weights can help increase your metabolism. Pick up some 3-5 # dumbbells or just use some large soup cans for the weights. Lift over your head, up & down or side to side. Good luck with it. Hope this helps.
And weights are good for bone density. A big consideration for me.
__________________

__________________
May you live as long as you wish and love as long as you live.
Robert A. Heinlein
taxlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



» Discuss Cooking on Facebook

Our Communities

Our communities encompass many different hobbies and interests, but each one is built on friendly, intelligent membership.

» More about our Communities

Automotive Communities

Our Automotive communities encompass many different makes and models. From U.S. domestics to European Saloons.

» More about our Automotive Communities

Marine Communities

Our Marine websites focus on Cruising and Sailing Vessels, including forums and the largest cruising Wiki project on the web today.

» More about our Marine Communities


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:46 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.