Who's Trying to Lose Weight?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
When I got home I really did not feel like exercising. It was our 26th wedding anniversary. Had to bring the cat to the vet. he had an abses from a cat fight. Then we all went out to a family restaurant for supper. Did not get home until 8 pm & it was real cold outside. I made up my mind I had to do it. The garage was cold but got on that elliptical for 1 hour. It was my first hour! It was not cold in the garage when I got done. My legs were a little sore today. Plans to go in the pool later tonight. My blood pressure was the best it's ever been for quite awhile this morning 137/74.
Happy friday to all!!

Happy Anniversary SB :)

When I got home I really did not feel like exercising. It was our 26th wedding anniversary. Had to bring the cat to the vet. he had an abses from a cat fight. Then we all went out to a family restaurant for supper. Did not get home until 8 pm & it was real cold outside. I made up my mind I had to do it. The garage was cold but got on that elliptical for 1 hour. It was my first hour! It was not cold in the garage when I got done. My legs were a little sore today. Plans to go in the pool later tonight. My blood pressure was the best it's ever been for quite awhile this morning 137/74.
Happy friday to all!!

That's how to do it!

When you "don't feel like" working out is the best time to push through and just do it. Your mind wants to work against you, especially early on in a weight loss exercise plan, and if you can just push through, you not only feel better physically, but you know that you had it in you to push through.

I have some really busy days at work and there are lots of days where I battle the urge to just go home and relax. I go to the gym directly from work, and I feel great afterwards. A lazy evening on the sofa is my reward.

Thank you to all for the anniversary wishes.

Again thank you all so very much with the support on my weight loss & exercise. It is your inspiration that keeps me going. Sometimes I get discouraged as with the 20# I have lost no one, who does'nt know I've changed my lifestyle, has even noticed that I have lost anything. I know it's for my health & nothing else, but I am so glad, that I feel you are all on my side with this. : ) Thanks again!

Thank you to all for the anniversary wishes.

Again thank you all so very much with the support on my weight loss & exercise. It is your inspiration that keeps me going. Sometimes I get discouraged as with the 20# I have lost no one, who doesn't know I've changed my lifestyle, has even noticed that I have lost anything. I know it's for my health & nothing else, but I am so glad, that I feel you are all on my side with this. : ) Thanks again!

SB, it really does make a difference when you have support. When you go down a size, folks will notice. They will notice it in your face first. In the meantime, just play a game whereby it is just your secret and see how long before anyone says anything. Then when they do say something about how great you look, just pass it off as if it is nothing. Anyone can do it if they want to. Put on a superiority air. "After all, doesn't everyone lose weight whenever they really want to? It really isn't that hard."

They will go home filled with jealousy that you can do it, why can't they. And you are the center of attention here in DC land. We all are rooting for you. :angel:

Last edited:
Happy Anniversary! 26 years' is good--my parents have been married 58 years. I've been married 25, but my track record isn't great-we live apart--works better for us.

I started changing when I eat most of my calories in June. I've shrunk 2 sizes--but that wasn't why I changed things up. I recall that 20 lb is one dress size. So I'm guessing I've lost 20-30 lb. I don't own a scale (well, not one I can stand on). I go by which clothes fit.

I was a bit miffed that n/one had noticed...however, I overheard a co-worker describe me as the "slim, tall, blonde--can't remember her name" the other day. I can't remember the last time someone described me as slim and tall (blonde, I get that all the time). I'm the shortest person in my family and extended family---and I'm 5'6"! And, I'm only blonde during the summer months when I'm working outside in the garden. I have to admit, I was really tickled to be described as "tall and slim!!! at my age!!! Are you talking about ME? Tall AND SLIM--whooo-hoo!

Lucky you, enjoy it!! You deserve it!

I got on the elliptical today for 30 minutes. The first 10 minutes not to intense. For the next 20 minutes I cranked the endurance up to 10. It felt good to get a good sweat going.

SB--keep going! I have those "lines" one gets with abs just from doing weights and using my "stretchy band" at home during TV commercials. Mind you, my body should have muscle memory from competing professionally as an x-c skier and I did a lot of competitive swimming when I was young. I also used to run 10-12 km a day. So the muscles come back.But, the little bit of exercise I do each day has made a difference. The DH finally noticed I've lost weight--didn't call me "slim," but he did finally comment--"you've lost weight." He's probably worried that I'll be spending $ on clothes...

I went to deep water class tonight the aqua chi I'm feeling real relaxed about now.I really do like the pool, wish I were a better swimmer though.

CWS4322 said:
Happy Anniversary! 26 years' is good--my parents have been married 58 years. I've been married 25, but my track record isn't great-we live apart--works better for us.

I started changing when I eat most of my calories in June. I've shrunk 2 sizes--but that wasn't why I changed things up. I recall that 20 lb is one dress size. So I'm guessing I've lost 20-30 lb. I don't own a scale (well, not one I can stand on). I go by which clothes fit.

I was a bit miffed that n/one had noticed...however, I overheard a co-worker describe me as the "slim, tall, blonde--can't remember her name" the other day. I can't remember the last time someone described me as slim and tall (blonde, I get that all the time). I'm the shortest person in my family and extended family---and I'm 5'6"! And, I'm only blonde during the summer months when I'm working outside in the garden. I have to admit, I was really tickled to be described as "tall and slim!!! at my age!!! Are you talking about ME? Tall AND SLIM--whooo-hoo!

Good for you!! I get called the "short little blonde." No one will ever describe me as tall lol

Hi all newbie here im looking to shed some pounds, iv done it before but gained them again :( Could anyone point me in some direction of good posts/recipes to help me on my way?

Look forward to contributing.

Hi all newbie here I'm looking to shed some pounds, iv done it before but gained them again :( Could anyone point me in some direction of good posts/recipes to help me on my way?

Look forward to contributing.

First all, Welcome!

We presently have a member Simon Baker (SB) who was told by her doctor in no uncertain terms, to lose weight. And we have been following her progress. All of us are so proud of her. Every so often her wagon tilts a little bit, but no major fall offs. And we will gladly give you all the support you may or may not need. Losing weight can often be a daunting task. It is so easy to get discouraged. But we will all be here to keep you going. There are a number of us who are Type 2 (T2) diabetics. I have noticed that folks who try to go by the diet of a T2 usually lose weight. Simply by eating the right foods and in small amounts. SB is finding that she is eating a lot less than she used to. She feels fuller with less food. The diet for a T2 will certainly not hurt you. As you may well know, sugar is the bain of the American diet.

If you have any questions, feel free to ask. There is nothing we love better than helping someone. :angel:

I haven't posted much here, but since this time last year, I've gone from 265 lbs. to 237 lbs., and still losing. My goal is 155 lbs. I believe I have a way to go yet. Portion control, a very good protien drink that is very low carb (good for us diabetics) and more movement have been the key so far. I had a plateau at 240 lbs. for several weeks, but burst through that over the Thanksgiving Holydays, where I lost 5 lbs. And i ate some of everything served, just small portions, which I found still satisfied.

I'm doing the happy dance. Aren't you glad we don't have visuals?:LOL:

Seeeeeya; Chief Longwind of the North

I haven't posted much here, but since this time last year, I've gone from 265 lbs. to 237 lbs., and still losing. My goal is 155 lbs. I believe I have a way to go yet. Portion control, a very good protien drink that is very low carb (good for us diabetics) and more movement have been the key so far. I had a plateau at 240 lbs. for several weeks, but burst through that over the Thanksgiving Holydays, where I lost 5 lbs. And i ate some of everything served, just small portions, which I found still satisfied.

Great goinig CLN. Those plateaus can be a killer. So discouraging. You just have to know to expect them. Keep up the good work and do pop in more often letting us know how you are doing. Even if it is just a little tilt of the wagon every so often. I am only too happy to pass on any encouragement needed. You deserve it. :angel: And one for you! :angel:

That 5 pounds was from crawling around on the floor with those Gorgeous Granddaughters of yours, that and getting off the floor! :rolleyes:

Seriously, Good Job! Looks like you are doing something right in your diet. Very proud of you! Happy Dance and you should be glad there's no visual...:LOL:

That 5 pounds was from crawling around on the floor with those Gorgeous Granddaughters of yours, that and getting off the floor! :rolleyes:

Seriously, Good Job! Looks like you are doing something right in your diet. Very proud of you! Happy Dance and you should be glad there's no visual...:LOL:

there might be no visual, but I can feel the floor shake. :angel:

Back
Top Bottom