"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > General Cooking Information > Health, Nutrition and Special Diets

Old 05-28-2011, 12:36 PM   #471
Sous Chef

As a server, I often have to eat dinner after I get home from work at 9:30-10:00, then I usually go to bed at 11 to stay on the same sleep schedule as my bf, who works days :( makes not eating late nearly impossible. I've been trying to just have a salad or something light for dinner, but it gets old after awhile. I'm always hungriest for dinner and it's hard to resist just grabbing a burger or pasta or something from work. I'm down to a size three and would like to stay that way.

Old 06-07-2011, 03:21 AM   #472
Assistant Cook

Me me me me. TRYING being the main word here.

Old 06-09-2011, 05:40 AM   #473
Master Chef

Site Moderator

I'm down 15 lbs since the beginning of April! WhoooHoooo!!!
Old 06-09-2011, 07:55 AM   #474
Assistant Cook

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jikoni View Post
Kitty, try a cleanse every now and then a detox. I do detox twice a year, it gets rid of stuff that are stuck in your body and have not been flushed out for a while, after that your digestive system picks up and you are fine. I try to cleanse after Christmas and in the spring, sort of like spring cleaning my insides. Right now I am trying to tone up for the summer.

What type of cleanse and detox do you do? I've heard of warm lemon juice & water in the morning... Do you have a "recipe"? LOL!

Thanks for this tip!

I want to get started right away but unlike most I have much more than 10 lbs. I need to drop 50 lbs.
Old 06-09-2011, 11:40 AM   #475
Ogress Supreme

Site Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveSoMD View Post

Good Job! Shrek has now lost about 27 pounds. He's starting to move around better and be more active.
Old 06-09-2011, 11:55 AM   #476
Master Chef

Site Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pioneer Lady View Post
I want to get started right away but unlike most I have much more than 10 lbs. I need to drop 50 lbs.
I'm going for loosing 60 lbs by next April.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessFiona60 View Post
Good Job! Shrek has now lost about 27 pounds. He's starting to move around better and be more active.
Thanks! Tell Shrek I said "Great Job and Keep going!! "
Old 06-09-2011, 12:52 PM   #477
Certified Cake Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveSoMD View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessFiona60 View Post
Dave and Shrek way to go! That is such inspiration for me!

I have lost 8 pounds since March. I know that is slower, but considering that my life is a roller coaster right now I am very happy with my progress. I get to the pool when I can (trying for 3 mornings a week), the gym twice a week and now I have an elliptical trainer (thanks to my best friend) which both DH and I are trying to use a few times a day.

I am feeling so much better physically and emotionally for getting fit and thinner. It is so nice not to wear baggy sweats!

This is becoming a lifestyle for us rather than just diet and exercise. The other benefit is that we are spending quality time together exercising, planning healthy dinners and just feeling good!

http://beinglydia.com
LPBeier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2011, 12:32 AM   #478
Ogress Supreme

Site Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by LPBeier View Post

I have lost 8 pounds since March. I know that is slower, but considering that my life is a roller coaster right now I am very happy with my progress. I get to the pool when I can (trying for 3 mornings a week), the gym twice a week and now I have an elliptical trainer (thanks to my best friend) which both DH and I are trying to use a few times a day.

I am feeling so much better physically and emotionally for getting fit and thinner. It is so nice not to wear baggy sweats!

This is becoming a lifestyle for us rather than just diet and exercise. The other benefit is that we are spending quality time together exercising, planning healthy dinners and just feeling good!
Good for you! I'm going to see if I can go off the med that is causing my weight gain...it's just depressing to work so hard to lose weight, but be unable to because of a medicine.
Old 06-10-2011, 05:28 AM   #479
Master Chef

Site Moderator

Quote:

Congratulations to you too!!!
Old 06-10-2011, 11:59 AM   #480
Senior Cook

Quote:
I have lost 8 pounds since March. I know that is slower, but considering that my life is a roller coaster right now I am very happy with my progress.
That's great and not that slow at all! It's taken me a year and a half to lose 16lbs and stabalise my weight. (Admittedly that's just increased exercise and a little less eating chocolate as I know it's super slow). So 8lbs in 2 months is brill and with any luck, because you lost it at a reasonable pace, it will stay off too! Good luck, keep at it.

Choc