Who's Trying to Lose Weight?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I had a huge melt-down last night. TB got off early and got a ride home with a supervisor, but he had driven our car there with a coworker who lives just down the road so he left the car for him to drive home. This meant we had to wait up for the friend to bring the car back (he doesn't have access to our section of the underground to park it). So we sat up watching the Voice until midnight and then finished after the car was safely home and got to be about 1 am.

I am struggling to get my crocheting done for gifts needed on Saturday and have been having problems. I shouldn't have been working on it so late, but I did and made several mistakes. I am really having a problem with meals when TB is at work because I am so limited on what I can eat and I hate eating alone. Not a great combination. So, last night I had some noodles with butter and Parmesan. None of those items are on my diet.

I also had a Coke Zero earlier in the day. And I have been basically housebound for two days because of the weather. I think this and being tired is what caused me to crumble. Poor TB had to sit and listen to me cry and vent for another hour with neither of us getting to sleep before 2 am. That can be usual for me, but he has to put in another shift today.

I just don't know what I can do about the cheating. This isn't a weight-loss diet. It is a lifestyle change because my body can't process certain food items. So cheating doesn't just keep the pounds on, it causes reactions - both physical and emotional.

I am very frustrated right now and tired.

I'm so sorry, Laurie. Maybe this would help. On Sundays I check the newspaper to see what is on sale and then make a weekly menu. Then I make a shopping list based on what I already have and what I need to make the items on the menu. So you could plan for easy dinners on the nights when TB is working and have the ingredients on hand.

Take care. I hope you feel better soon.

This may amount to TMI, but I just went to put on my nightie and both my good ones are in the wash (one in wash, one in dryer) and I wanted to wash the clothes I had on. So I went into my drawer and found one I have kept but has been too tight to wear.

It FITS!!!!! :angel:
Congratulations!! That is the most wonderful feeling, good for you! What a great feeling of accomplishment!:):angel:

I went & got my fasting blood work done today. I just recieved an e mail from the doc. that my numbers are looking much better, but no details. I wrote back that I would like to know my numbers. Anxious to get the results after 4 months.

This may amount to TMI, but I just went to put on my nightie and both my good ones are in the wash (one in wash, one in dryer) and I wanted to wash the clothes I had on. So I went into my drawer and found one I have kept but has been too tight to wear.

It FITS!!!!! :angel:

We all have clothes in the back of the closet that are going to fit again someday. Your "someday" has arrived. Congratulations. Keep up the good work. I love a success story. :angel:

I went & got my fasting blood work done today. I just recieved an e mail from the doc. that my numbers are looking much better, but no details. I wrote back that I would like to know my numbers. Anxious to get the results after 4 months.

Here in BC we can register on the computer and have access to all our lab test results. It is supposedly something new they are are trying.

I'm so sorry, Laurie. Maybe this would help. On Sundays I check the newspaper to see what is on sale and then make a weekly menu. Then I make a shopping list based on what I already have and what I need to make the items on the menu. So you could plan for easy dinners on the nights when TB is working and have the ingredients on hand.

Take care. I hope you feel better soon.

Thanks, GG. Part of the problem is that the diet is so limited. I can only eat so much meat a day and mostly poultry. I can have beef once in awhile, but am not really supposed to have it for two months. I can have all the salad greens I want (no spinach for the moment but kale is okay and I like it raw or steamed), most veggies except carrots, corn and peas. So it isn't so much the planning or even having the ingredients, I usually do. It is the boredom of the same things. I can't have bread, potatoes or pasta but can have brown rice (as is, pasta or rice cakes). I think I am also just really tired trying to get things done for the holidays and missing my Dad a lot.

Here in BC we can register on the computer and have access to all our lab test results. It is supposedly something new they are are trying.

Same here with our Health Clinic. You can also read your whole record and see what the doctor has written. I have never bothered with it. If it is important, they will call me and talk to me. :angel:

LP and PF--I always wanted to be a cheerleader, but I always got passed up during try outs. I can still do the splits (not voluntarily mind you--only when I slip on Saint slime). You go girls!

Same here with our Health Clinic. You can also read your whole record and see what the doctor has written. I have never bothered with it. If it is important, they will call me and talk to me. :angel:

It is really good for TB who needs to get his thyroid levels checked regularly. He can get the results and adjust his dosage accordingly. The doctor only calls if the results are way out off and wants to see him.

Unfortunately for me, I tend to be cavalier when it comes to my health. I take my pills and just hope for the best. At one time I had been branded "non-compliant." I don't take the concerns of my doctor or the nurses who look after me to heart. My attitude is, "If it is serious, I will let you know. In the meantime, leave me alone." I do have to get my vitals checked once a month according to Medicare rules or ESP will not get paid. So on that, I will comply. But it can only happen on a Tuesday or Thursday. They are finally getting my message. I have all my faculties and have been told I have above average intelligence. So I know if I need to see the doctor. I also know when I need to go to the ER instead. :angel:

I am also considered Non-Compliant...I know the risks and it's my decision/my choice if I am going to follow all the restrictions/suggestions laid on my doorstep. I am also not going to blame anyone but myself if I end up with problems.

Shame on you non-compliant ladies!:P I am not non compliant, I am just not seeing a doctor. I have not been to the doctor in 25 years, probably longer. I do not recommend this approach to anyone, but it has worked out fine for me, - partly because I don't smoke, drink little, exercise daily and keep within my IBW range, and being an RN doesn't hurt -- saving me both a lot of money and unpleasant drug reactions to which I am notoriously prone. I am quite sure that if I had a good check up now, the blood work alone would cause the doc to put me on half a dozen treatment and prophylactic meds, but I am hoping that I shall cruise merrily along until all of these secret ailments get me at once, avoiding the need for drug therapy, surgery, or a nursing home.
Cheers

Shame on you non-compliant ladies!:P I am not non compliant, I am just not seeing a doctor. I have not been to the doctor in 25 years, probably longer. I do not recommend this approach to anyone, but it has worked out fine for me, - partly because I don't smoke, drink little, exercise daily and keep within my IBW range, and being an RN doesn't hurt -- saving me both a lot of money and unpleasant drug reactions to which I am notoriously prone. I am quite sure that if I had a good check up now, the blood work alone would cause the doc to put me on half a dozen treatment and prophylactic meds, but I am hoping that I shall cruise merrily along until all of these secret ailments get me at once, avoiding the need for drug therapy, surgery, or a nursing home.
Cheers

LOL! I would have been fine too, but then I got Breast and Ovarian Cancer. Once that happened the doctors would not leave me alone. :ermm: The heart attack was the next nail in the coffin...

LOL! I would have been fine too, but then I got Breast and Ovarian Cancer. Once that happened the doctors would not leave me alone. :ermm: The heart attack was the next nail in the coffin...

My wakeup call was my heart racing like mad. Then next thing I am in the surgery getting a quint-tuplet bypass. Then the ulcer on my leg, then the heart attack from the Avandia, etc. ESP has mostly Alzheimer patients. Geting them to understand I am not one of them has been a long battle. But I won. Right now I feel I am being over medicated. So without telling anyone, I have chosen to not take some of my evening meds. I get them in the morning and I feel fine. One is for pain in my leg (Gabapentin) and the other is to regulate the angina (Ranexa). My leg no longer has the seizures and the angina has been gone for a long time. When I tried to tell the doctor how my leg was doing, he wasn't listening. He wanted me to stay on the med. :angel:

I take my meds correctly, I just have problems with all the conflicting diet restrictions. Between the Dietician, my Primary and the Cardiologist, I'm not allowed much in the way of food.

Go LP :clap::clap::clap:and PF :clap::clap::clap:!!!!!I always wanted to be a cheerleader!!!

I'll be sure to let you know when I am performing...:)

I'm working now on my diet for the new year...pre-planning what I will be allowing myself for max weight loss and nutritional value.

I take my meds correctly, I just have problems with all the conflicting diet restrictions. Between the Dietician, my Primary and the Cardiologist, I'm not allowed much in the way of food.

When I was first put on the Gabapentin, my leg was having extreme seizures and I would let out the most ungodly scream when it happened. I had a large hole in my leg and you could see the back of my leg and the arteries. The bone was right up front and completely visible. I was on eight 400 mg each a day. Now I am down to four 400 mg a day. It has been more than two years since I have had a seizure in my leg. The Ranexa is for the angina that I could not get under control no matter what I did. Well I no longer have angina attacks. That is due to the Ranexa. But there is a side effect that I cannot tolerate any more. Every time I lay down I get very dizzy. It is a nasty dizziness. It makes me want to vomit. When I only take two a day, I don't get that problem. My primary and cardiologist will not listen to me. So I have made my own decision. The dizziness has lessen significantly if I take only two a day instead of the four. :angel:

Back
Top Bottom