Who's Trying to Lose Weight?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I throughly enjoyed the pool today. Still no word about any test results. I called twice. Call back came when I was in the pool. Hope to find out something very soon. I went to deep water class, then did laps an additional 15 mn. then went to aqua chi class. The water took all of the stress out of my day today.

I throughly enjoyed the pool today. Still no word about any test results. I called twice. Call back came when I was in the pool. Hope to find out something very soon. I went to deep water class, then did laps an additional 15 mn. then went to aqua chi class. The water took all of the stress out of my day today.

Water does that, doesn't it? Now we need to get you a mask and snorkel so you can see all the fish in a warm ocean, SB! Hoping for the best for the tests.

I ate way too much on vacation, hard not to. We're back to seminormal now.

Last edited:
Stayed home today because I have a nasty cold and didn't want to give It to everyone else. I slept right through breakfast and ate my lunch I packed to take to work. Chicken and veggies. Dinner tonight was chili. I'm doing well leaving the sweets alone-but I do have the Atkins bars and I do eat those. Planning for my food I will eat at work really helps me.

Oh, I almost forgot...a week ago I was told that I need to do a sleep study. I haven't heard back from the hospital, and my husband said that by the time they call I will have lost enough weight that I won't have sleep apnea any more. Now that would be nice.

Stayed home today because I have a nasty cold and didn't want to give It to everyone else. I slept right through breakfast and ate my lunch I packed to take to work. Chicken and veggies. Dinner tonight was chili. I'm doing well leaving the sweets alone-but I do have the Atkins bars and I do eat those. Planning for my food I will eat at work really helps me.

I agree planning is very important!

Also try not to let yourself become too hungry or too tired until your new way of eating becomes automatic.

Hope you feel better!

I agree planning is very important!

Also try not to let yourself become too hungry or too tired until your new way of eating becomes automatic.

Hope you feel better!

Yes, Aunt Bea, that is very good advice. I know that has a lot to do with why I am having trouble with the candida diet - the types of food I can eat are so restricted that I don't eat enough and it effects my blood sugar. If I eat the wrong things my pain and other symptoms flare and I don't sleep well.

It is so hard to find that right balance.

Chopper, keep up the good work. I am sorry you are not feeling well but am glad you are taking care of yourself.

:flowers:

I got in they gym for about an hour after work today. 23 mn on elliptical & 20 mn lifting weights, made me feel much better. In anticipation of dr's appt tomorrow.

Thanks for the support A. Bea and L.P. still have a cold, but feeling somewhat better. Wore myself out at work. I was supporting an all day field trip for one of my schools today and had to eat lunch at 10:15. Got way too hungry by three when I was able to have a snack. Ate more than I should have for supper. I will do better tomorrow.

I got in they gym for about an hour after work today. 23 mn on elliptical & 20 mn lifting weights, made me feel much better. In anticipation of dr's appt tomorrow.

It is good to hear that you are doing so much in trying to lose your weight. Keep up the good work. And do share any good news I know you will get from your doctor. We are all pulling for you.

Tomorrow my daughter gets the results of her latest MRI. :angel:

It is good to hear that you are doing so much in trying to lose your weight. Keep up the good work. And do share any good news I know you will get from your doctor. We are all pulling for you.

Tomorrow my daughter gets the results of her latest MRI. :angel:
Hoping for the best results on your daughters tests! Keeping you both in prayers...:angel::angel:

Chopper - slips happen because of life. Don't worry about them, just start a new day. (I need to tell myself that one alot).

Addie - prayers for you and your daughter. I hope all goes well.

Simonbaker - That is awesome! You are doing so well!

I took Violet to the off leash dog park today! By myself! She has been so anxious lately because she is missing Joie. And I am just not able to take her on walks with the leash - I am so afraid she will pull me over and that would be disastrous.

We went around once (about 30 minutes which included stopping to talk to a couple while Violet played with their dogs!) and each of us went at our own pace which got her energy out and I was able to get some real aerobic exercise without overdoing it. If I can't get to the pool, I think I will do this more often - it is good for both of us physically and we both can socialize with others ;)

I really am feeling better tonight - not so much pain or swelling. I think it is partly the weather, the exercise and I am eating better.

Thank you LP.

Sounds like you may have found a partial answer to your heath difficulties. I hope you find your way. Fighting pain can be exhausting as well I know. Pets have a way of leading us into better health even if it is only mental. The weather is slowly improving, so you will be able to get out more each day. Good luck. :angel:

Thanks, Addie. Your words mean a lot. :)

Simonbaker, I forgot to mention I am praying for a good doctor's appointment. Please let us know what happens.

After my shameful eating frenzy last week on vacation, I am getting back on track! I'm so bloated, I'm not weighing myself for 2 weeks so that I can lose the water weight and let my body get back even, so I know where I am.

I really want to lose a bit more before our wedding in August.

After my shameful eating frenzy last week on vacation, I am getting back on track! I'm so bloated, I'm not weighing myself for 2 weeks so that I can lose the water weight and let my body get back even, so I know where I am.

I really want to lose a bit more before our wedding in August.

Don't beat yourself up, Bakechef. It's soooo hard to be good on vacation, I carted home a few extra pounds myself! Sometimes diets need a vacation too.

The doctor told my daughter that they used to have folks with her kind of cancer on chemo for three years minimum. They are looking for one year to eighteen months for her. There was no change in her MRI from the last one. But that is good. There was no increase in the cancer either. There is still some swelling of her brain from the surgery. That is normal. They are now looking at ten months for the next change. She also discussed some other health problems she has been having that has nothing to do with the cancer. (That is a hard word to type.) So he is going to call some of the experts in the fields she needs and have them take her right away. Her spirits are still up. And I guess that is all I can ask at this time.

Thank you all so much for the angels. I know they are watching over her. :angel:

Back
Top Bottom