Who's Trying to Lose Weight?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Great news addie!!

The doc at the appt today said the biopsy came back benine. Thank goodness! Unfortunately, they feel they don't have a big enough sample of it to make an acurate diagnosis. All of the doc's are going to consult this week & we go back next wed morning. They will discuss 1 of 3 options. The first, they feel, will be to do a laprascoptic biopsy where they would be able to get a bigger piece of the mass. Another option would be to leave it alone & watch it for approx. 3 months & see if there is any change. The last option would be to surgically remove it, they are aprehensive about just going in & doing that without more to go on. I just want it to be gone! Tomorrow we meet with the radiology oncologist for a consoltation. I guess it's better that they are being throughal, although the waiting & the unknown makes me crazy.

Went in the gym for an hour yesterday & back in the pool today for an hour. Continuing to work out is about the only thing still keeping me sane.

Thank you to all for the prayers & support!!!

Great news addie!!

The doc at the appt today said the biopsy came back benine. Thank goodness! Unfortunately, they feel they don't have a big enough sample of it to make an acurate diagnosis. All of the doc's are going to consult this week & we go back next wed morning. They will discuss 1 of 3 options. The first, they feel, will be to do a laprascoptic biopsy where they would be able to get a bigger piece of the mass. Another option would be to leave it alone & watch it for approx. 3 months & see if there is any change. The last option would be to surgically remove it, they are aprehensive about just going in & doing that without more to go on. I just want it to be gone! Tomorrow we meet with the radiology oncologist for a consoltation. I guess it's better that they are being throughal, although the waiting & the unknown makes me crazy.

Went in the gym for an hour yesterday & back in the pool today for an hour. Continuing to work out is about the only thing still keeping me sane.

Oh, SB, thank goodness!!! Benign!!! Sure hope the rest comes out well, I can sure understand why you're going crazy!

Big hugs, my friend!!!!

Great news addie!!

Benign is fantastic! The more tests the better, I may have mentioned it before...Breast cancer saved my Mother's life...they did more testing and found Stage 1 Ovarian cancer, too, something that rarely happens. (finding stage 1)

Chin up Dear! We are all rooting for you!

Benign is fantastic! The more tests the better, I may have mentioned it before...Breast cancer saved my Mother's life...they did more testing and found Stage 1 Ovarian cancer, too, something that rarely happens. (finding stage 1)

Chin up Dear! We are all rooting for you!
Thank you all very very much! I so much appreciate your support!

I am sorry to hear about your mom. Happy to hear they caught it at stage 1. :angel:

Thank you all very very much! I so much appreciate your support!

I am sorry to hear about your mom. Happy to hear they caught it at stage 1. :angel:

Mom is doing great, she is 5 years past Chemo. She is the Poster girl for Chemo and Survival, that's why I mentioned her.

Taking a larger piece of tissue laproscopically is a piece of cake. They will just numb your surface, make two minute incisions, one for the camera and one for the instrument to take the biopsy, and then close. Each incision will probably be no longer than an inch or so. You are going to be just fine. The fact that the first tests came back benign is a good sign. Like you said, it is the waiting that is the hard part. :angel:

Oh SB, I'm glad you got some good news. I am praying that the mass goes away.

The doctor told my daughter that they used to have folks with her kind of cancer on chemo for three years minimum. They are looking for one year to eighteen months for her. There was no change in her MRI from the last one. But that is good. There was no increase in the cancer either. There is still some swelling of her brain from the surgery. That is normal. They are now looking at ten months for the next change. She also discussed some other health problems she has been having that has nothing to do with the cancer. (That is a hard word to type.) So he is going to call some of the experts in the fields she needs and have them take her right away. Her spirits are still up. And I guess that is all I can ask at this time.

Thank you all so much for the angels. I know they are watching over her. :angel:

Great to hear this Ads :)

Very good news so far SB, so pleased to his this :)

Lets hope everything else continues to be fine

Great news addie!!

Met with oncologist yeaterday afternoon. Dr's cannot determine what the mass in my lower left back is. With the CT scans, biopsy & MRI it is unclear. Taking a bigger biopsy could pose risks. It has been determined to remove this thing surgically. Now just to wait for the phone call.

I sure will be missing the pool for awhile.

The waiting is worse than anything. Just remember, anything they remove counts towards your weight loss:)

And don't forget to tell them you are on a weight loss diet. They will cooperate with you. Today these are for you. :angel::angel::angel::angel:

I agree with Fiona that the waiting is the worst. We are waiting for my sister's surgery date for her back (cancer) and it is a day by day thing. I am so thankful for you that the original biopsy came back benign. It is still good to get it out of there - you will feel so much better.

But SB, you are strong of mind and, thanks to the pool and the gym, of body. You will get through this. You are in my thoughts and prayers. Let us know when the surgery date is and come here for encouraging ANY TIME you need it! :)

{{{{{{{{{{{{{simonbaker}}}}}}}}}}}}}

Great news addie!!

I think one of the most wonderful words to ever hear in the English language is the word "benign." I so love that word, and am so happy for you, SB.

The doctor told my daughter that they used to have folks with her kind of cancer on chemo for three years minimum. They are looking for one year to eighteen months for her. There was no change in her MRI from the last one. But that is good. There was no increase in the cancer either. There is still some swelling of her brain from the surgery. That is normal. They are now looking at ten months for the next change. She also discussed some other health problems she has been having that has nothing to do with the cancer. (That is a hard word to type.) So he is going to call some of the experts in the fields she needs and have them take her right away. Her spirits are still up. And I guess that is all I can ask at this time.

Thank you all so much for the angels. I know they are watching over her. :angel:
Where is the happy dance emoticon? Addie, I am so happy to hear this--can't wait to go out and tell Harriet and Myrtle. I bet they know how to do the happy dance...

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom