Who's Trying to Lose Weight?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I'm not trying to lose weight but would like to redistribute some.

It wouldn't have to be moved far. Just from my belly to my behind.

You see, I suffer from the men's disease "Noasitol".

The primary warning sign is a constant hitching up of the britches as they yield to the pull of gravity.

If you constantly have the sensation of a reverse snuggie you just may have noasitol.

I didn't realize it had a name! And it's not just men, I, too, have Noasitol. Thanks, Jeff, for putting a name to the, uh, not the face. :LOL:

My exercise is strictly monitored by Cardiac rehab...it is still too cold for me to be riding a bike, too much ice still on the roads, too. I have a recumbent bike in the living room, I use that at least once a week for aerobic and cardiac. I don't swim, not that I can't, I don't. I haven't been in a swimsuit in over 20 years.

:ohmy::clap::punk::clap::ohmy:

I just weighed in at (drumroll please)

!!198!!

Now to maintain that.... but it sure feels good to get under that 200 mark.

For everyone else who is struggling with their weight goals right now I commend you, cheer you on and say "if I can do it, anyone can". I am in no way gloating. This is hard and 2 pounds under does not mean I am in the clear, but it is a nice start!

:)

That is fantastic news!!!! Well done :flowers:
Gloat away, you deserve too!!!!

My weight seems to have stabilized at my goal weight. Lost all I wanted and needed too. Not going to put my weight in Bold Purple, I might get a whack on this thread since it only took me a week.
I feel great though. No shortness of breath or chest pains anymore and I've got my energy back :)

:ohmy::clap::punk::clap::ohmy:

I just weighed in at (drumroll please)

!!198!!

Now to maintain that.... but it sure feels good to get under that 200 mark.

For everyone else who is struggling with their weight goals right now I commend you, cheer you on and say "if I can do it, anyone can". I am in no way gloating. This is hard and 2 pounds under does not mean I am in the clear, but it is a nice start!

:)

Congratulations Laurie! I hope it continues for you!

Hugs!

I just came from my routine checkup.

I have been following a low carb eating plan since the first of the year and it is showing some good results.

The evil scale showed a 20 pound drop and my A1C is down to 6.3!

Now about that exercise! :ermm::ohmy::LOL:

I have been following a low carb eating plan since the first of the year and it is showing some good results.

That is great! Start slow with the exercise. It will be easier because of the weight loss! Congrats!

That is great! Start slow with the exercise. It will be easier because of the weight loss! Congrats!

Thanks!

I am starting the exercise as slow as possible!

You are probably too young to remember Don McNeill's Breakfast Club.

All you breakfast clubbers line up and march, once around the breakfast table!

Maybe tomorrow morning! :ermm::ohmy::LOL:

Addie,

Have just read your entry about your daughter. I don't know the full story but I know how you must feel as my family feel the same for me. I was diagnosed with colon cancer 3 yrs ago and have since had 3 more operations for metastasis in my liver where they removed more than half. I had 6 months chemo and radiotherapy. Its hard going for my checkups and the anxiety is tremendous, but the hospital keeps me very much under control. Fortunately where we live the hospital has an excellent reputation for cancer care.
My sister in law had a brain tumor which was operated on and although recovery is still on going she came well out of it. Have courage and most of all faith and positiveness. I wish you both all the best.

Just a snip to pass on to those on diets. My daughter had loads of problems with her weight a couple of years ago but she had the fortunate advice to go to a paedetrician. He did loads of tests. Now his advice was to keep all her carbohydrates to before midday and just to have protein in the evening. It worked for her and she still carries on this practice and she also found out she was intolerant certain foods and she produced too much cortisol. She cut them out and the weight just dropped off. She tries to introduce her illiminated foods back gradually. Maybe it s worth a try providing no one has other health problems. Good luck.

Just a snip to pass on to those on diets. My daughter had loads of problems with her weight a couple of years ago but she had the fortunate advice to go to a paedetrician. He did loads of tests. Now his advice was to keep all her carbohydrates to before midday and just to have protein in the evening. It worked for her and she still carries on this practice and she also found out she was intolerant certain foods and she produced too much cortisol. She cut them out and the weight just dropped off. She tries to introduce her illiminated foods back gradually. Maybe it s worth a try providing no one has other health problems. Good luck.
That's interesting--cortisol production is the cause of a number of problems with dogs (I used to be very involved with dog rescue and testing cortisol for aggression was one of the things we did). Time for me to go back to Goggle U and do some research on cortisol and weight gain/inability to lose weight.

I eat my protein in the morning and restrict my carbs. I know the "Bernstein" diet includes not eating carbs after 3:00 p.m. Two friends lost a lot of weight on that diet, but when they went off it, they gained it all back. By switching up when I ate my big meal, I shrunk 2 sizes (from a 14 to 10). That was last June. I still eat that way and have not gained the weight back.

A friend of mine went off birth control pills and lost a lot of weight. Two years later, she's still slim.

Thanks!

I am starting the exercise as slow as possible!

You are probably too young to remember Don McNeill's Breakfast Club.

All you breakfast clubbers line up and march, once around the breakfast table!

Maybe tomorrow morning! :ermm::ohmy::LOL:

I remember the Breakfast Club. I will lead the parade of all who have even lost five pounds. Even with my bad hip. And getting your A1c down is a tremendous accomplishment. I think I am just as excited about that as the wieght loss. We need a chart to show the total weight loss of all members combined. We are looking at combined pounds lost well over 1,000 lbs. by the end of the year. :angel:

Addie,

Have just read your entry about your daughter. I don't know the full story but I know how you must feel as my family feel the same for me. I was diagnosed with colon cancer 3 yrs ago and have since had 3 more operations for metastasis in my liver where they removed more than half. I had 6 months chemo and radiotherapy. Its hard going for my checkups and the anxiety is tremendous, but the hospital keeps me very much under control. Fortunately where we live the hospital has an excellent reputation for cancer care.
My sister in law had a brain tumor which was operated on and although recovery is still on going she came well out of it. Have courage and most of all faith and positiveness. I wish you both all the best.

You will notice that at the end of each of my posts I put an angel emoticon. It is for my daughter. Every one needs an angel to watch over them So here is one for you.:angel:

The members here have been so kind in their concern for both me and my daughter. I can't thank them enough for all the angels they have sent my way for both me and my daughter. I had five children. Two girls and three boys. I now have only one daughter and three boys. She is my first born. To lose her would totally destroy me. We have been through so much together. Thank you for the kind words. :angel:

Hooray! Good job!

You lost the equivalent of two whole hams! Think about it. AB, you rock!

Last edited:

Great going! Good for you!! I'm sure that you feel much better too! You should feel very proud of yourself!

I have walked every day since Monday for 1/2 hour each day. Today I walked for an hour! :w00t:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom