Who's Trying to Lose Weight?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
You know, your legs can just quit working for you anytime they want to. Be kind to your legs. They have to support you for the rest of your life. :angel:

You know, your legs can just quit working for you anytime they want to. Be kind to your legs. They have to support you for the rest of your life. :angel:

That is why I need to lose the weight. My knees were not made to hold up this much weight.

So...if every pound is like four pounds of pressure, I'm putting 900 pounds of pressure on my knees every time i take a step? Lets hope I just did that mental math wrong...:ermm:

When I was 285# 7 months ago, my knees were real bad. Catering was a real challenge. Every 45 mn I had to sit as it hurt with every step I took. After starting in the pool, working out & healthier eating as well as the awesome support on DC, I am back to 8-10 hours on my feet without the pain.

When I was 285# 7 months ago, my knees were real bad. Catering was a real challenge. Every 45 mn I had to sit as it hurt with every step I took. After starting in the pool, working out & healthier eating as well as the awesome support on DC, I am back to 8-10 hours on my feet without the pain.

SB, when you first posted what your doctor said to you, I was horrified. The average doctor just doesn't say something like that to a patient. Not unless they have cancer or some other incurable disease and they know the patient can handle the truth. I am so GLAD that you took his words to heart and immediately started to make changes in your lifestyle. My first thought was "I hope it is not too late for her."

Please remember, your health comes first. I know you and your husband have worked hard over the years in maintaining your own business. But there has to be days when he is going to have to carry the load alone. With the upcoming surgery, give yourself time to heal completely. Don't rush it. Let him hire a temporary worker while you heal. I am sure that there are some teenage girls or boys who would love a chance to earn some money towards college. After school hours and all day Saturday. Who knows. That teenager may turn out to be headed for culinary school after they graduate.

Stay with your diet. You are doing so good. Don't worry about your upcoming surgery. We are all here pulling for you. That first pain that sent you to the hospital was just a warning sign. A lot of folks don't even get that. Just the fact that your first biopsy came back benign is a big sign of hope.

Keep up the hard work. We are all pulling for you.
One for you, :angel: one for your daughter, :angel: and one for DH. :angel: We all need an angel to look down on us and keep us safe.

:angel:

SB, when you first posted what your doctor said to you, I was horrified. The average doctor just doesn't say something like that to a patient. Not unless they have cancer or some other incurable disease and they know the patient can handle the truth. I am so GLAD that you took his words to heart and immediately started to make changes in your lifestyle. My first thought was "I hope it is not too late for her."

Please remember, your health comes first. I know you and your husband have worked hard over the years in maintaining your own business. But there has to be days when he is going to have to carry the load alone. With the upcoming surgery, give yourself time to heal completely. Don't rush it. Let him hire a temporary worker while you heal. I am sure that there are some teenage girls or boys who would love a chance to earn some money towards college. After school hours and all day Saturday. Who knows. That teenager may turn out to be headed for culinary school after they graduate.

Stay with your diet. You are doing so good. Don't worry about your upcoming surgery. We are all here pulling for you. That first pain that sent you to the hospital was just a warning sign. A lot of folks don't even get that. Just the fact that your first biopsy came back benign is a big sign of hope.

Keep up the hard work. We are all pulling for you.
One for you, :angel: one for your daughter, :angel: and one for DH. :angel: We all need an angel to look down on us and keep us safe.

:angel:
Excellent words of advice. :angel:

Went to a wedding this afternoon. Ate all the wrong things. Easter is tomorrow, and I will probably eat all the wrong things again. Guess Monday will not be a great weigh-in. Trying to decide if I should just wait until next Monday to weigh myself. Oh well...:sleep:

Went to a wedding this afternoon. Ate all the wrong things. Easter is tomorrow, and I will probably eat all the wrong things again. Guess Monday will not be a great weigh-in. Trying to decide if I should just wait until next Monday to weigh myself. Oh well...:sleep:

We are all entitled to have a day off every so often. But do weigh yourself Monday morning. If there is a weight gain, it will give you the incentive to get back on track. :angel:

Nothing wrong with celebration food! Don't beat yourself up, Chopper!

Thanks, I know, life will go on. I am hoping that brunch tomorrow will be ok. At least my feast will be early in the day. I will get back on track tomorrow evening. Maybe will boil some eggs before i go to bed tonight for next week to eat for breakfast before work. :mellow: and...I will go ahead and weigh in. We shall see.......:ermm:

Thanks, I know, life will go on. I am hoping that brunch tomorrow will be ok. At least my feast will be early in the day. I will get back on track tomorrow evening. Maybe will boil some eggs before i go to bed tonight for next week to eat for breakfast before work. :mellow: and...I will go ahead and weigh in. We shall see.......:ermm:

Just a bump in the road.

Have a great Easter!

Take the dogs for a walk and move forward!

I think those dogs are going to become great exercise coaches! :ermm::ohmy::LOL:

You could try adding papaya or pineapple to your diet. The enzymes they contain help you break down proteins and they provide good fiber. Low carb diet can cause pretty bad constipation.

Drinking green tea or cayenne tea with a dash of lemon is also good for getting the metabolism going.

I have Green Tea or Cayenne every day and I've really noticed an improvement in my overall health.
Snip--tried the cayenne tea with lemon this morning...just wondering how many days it will be before it puts hair on my chest? :ohmy:

It was tasty. It certainly warmed me up (and cleared my sinuses)!:LOL:

Snip--tried the cayenne tea with lemon this morning...just wondering how many days it will be before it puts hair on my chest? :ohmy:

It was tasty. It certainly warmed me up (and cleared my sinuses)!:LOL:

:LOL::LOL:
You do get used to it! You can always try the cayenne capsules if you want. My mom drinks capsules or just puts half a tsp of cayenne in her mouth and glugs it down with water. I love the heat so tea works better for me. I've gone from 1/4 to 1 full tsp. I looooooovvvvveeee the taste!

Back
Top Bottom