Who's Trying to Lose Weight?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Snip--tried the cayenne tea with lemon this morning...just wondering how many days it will be before it puts hair on my chest? :ohmy:

It was tasty. It certainly warmed me up (and cleared my sinuses)!:LOL:

How much cayenne do you use? Help! I've about killed myself with this one.

Seems like I'm heating DC up a bit! :LOL:
Start with 1/4 tsp and work your way up to a tsp. I took me about 1 week to get used to it and enjoy it.
Now you tell me! I do like spicy, so I might back it off to 1/2 of what I put in today and see how that goes. Do you drink it more than once a day?

PF and CW, sorry for burning you both. Didn't realize you would use such a big dose to begin with. :(
I made the same mistake, almost didn't try again but I'm glad I did!

Now you tell me! I do like spicy, so I might back it off to 1/2 of what I put in today and see how that goes. Do you drink it more than once a day?

Once a day is enough but if you like the taste you can drink a bit more. I drink 2-3 cups on cold days just to warm me up but it's not necessary :)

I got the capsules, thinking I wouldn't burn my mouth, one healthy burp made me realize I could burn all the way back up! I'll start with 1/8th tsp...not tolerating spicy hot like I used to.

I got the capsules, thinking I wouldn't burn my mouth, one healthy burp made me realize I could burn all the way back up! I'll start with 1/8th tsp...not tolerating spicy hot like I used to.

Start with what you can handle, a little bit is better than nothing :)
I do feel good when I drink it, don't get as many headaches anymore either.

I fixed myself some curried tuna for lunch today and added some cayenne.

There's your answer... what you can't drink in the tea you can make up for in food :)
I love adding a bit of cayenne to my homemade lemonade too. Very nice in summer and it has less bite when cold!
I had some on my avocado today.

Have any of you seen the documentary "Forks over Knives"? I just watched it last week and it freaked me out a little. I've basically been a vegan for the last week and a half. I got to eat some goodies when we were tasting new items at work, but that's about it. Otherwise nothing but veggies, fruit, and whole grain item. I've managed to add very little oil to anything as well. This is what I ate for lunch- veggie skewers, whole grain brown rice, and a tortilla.

image-220469927.jpg

Yum!

(In case anyone is worried, I have been making sure to include sources of protein)

Tonight I'm planning to make sweet potato chili. My sister says its so good you would never even notice it's meatless.

I have lost 3 lb in a week and a half.

SB, when you first posted what your doctor said to you, I was horrified. The average doctor just doesn't say something like that to a patient. Not unless they have cancer or some other incurable disease and they know the patient can handle the truth. I am so GLAD that you took his words to heart and immediately started to make changes in your lifestyle. My first thought was "I hope it is not too late for her."

Please remember, your health comes first. I know you and your husband have worked hard over the years in maintaining your own business. But there has to be days when he is going to have to carry the load alone. With the upcoming surgery, give yourself time to heal completely. Don't rush it. Let him hire a temporary worker while you heal. I am sure that there are some teenage girls or boys who would love a chance to earn some money towards college. After school hours and all day Saturday. Who knows. That teenager may turn out to be headed for culinary school after they graduate.

Stay with your diet. You are doing so good. Don't worry about your upcoming surgery. We are all here pulling for you. That first pain that sent you to the hospital was just a warning sign. A lot of folks don't even get that. Just the fact that your first biopsy came back benign is a big sign of hope.

Keep up the hard work. We are all pulling for you.
One for you, :angel: one for your daughter, :angel: and one for DH. :angel: We all need an angel to look down on us and keep us safe.

:angel:
Thank you very much for your comforting words & advice. Thank to all for your continued support as well. Yes, the surgery has been weighing heavy on my mind lately. So glad it's scheduled. Colonoscopy planned for thursday the 11th then surgery, friday the 12th.

Continuing to work out & going to pool helps me stay sane.

Dh seems to think he will be able to handle work ok. Have called back some former workers we have had in the past to help out. Our cafe hours are 8-3, M-F so until school is out, no kids available. It will all work out. Thanks for caring.

Hope all is well with your daughter:angel: as well. You take care of yourself to Addie:angel: Hope you are feeking good. Let spike:angel:know he needs to give you some extra TLC now.

If I get some down time in the hospital I will get on DC to keep you all posted.
Thanks again!!

Wise words, Addie. Simonbaker, we are all wishing the best for you, Sweetie!

Well done!

Have any of you seen the documentary "Forks over Knives"? I just watched it last week and it freaked me out a little. I've basically been a vegan for the last week and a half. I got to eat some goodies when we were tasting new items at work, but that's about it. Otherwise nothing but veggies, fruit, and whole grain item. I've managed to add very little oil to anything as well. This is what I ate for lunch- veggie skewers, whole grain brown rice, and a tortilla.

View attachment 17583

Yum!

(In case anyone is worried, I have been making sure to include sources of protein)

Tonight I'm planning to make sweet potato chili. My sister says its so good you would never even notice it's meatless.

I have lost 3 lb in a week and a half.

Got in the gym friday for 45 mn. Nothing this weekend, looks like a nice day, maybe a nice long walk later with the dog.

Got in the gym friday for 45 mn. Nothing this weekend, looks like a nice day, maybe a nice long walk later with the dog.

If there is a hill nearby, go up it. Burns more calories. I think the dog will love the walk. Spike give Teddy Bear at least three hours of walking every day. :angel:

Good idea, it will make the dog happy too. :)
I love walking the dogs. They see, to have such a great time. We have another beautiful day here, so I am sure my dogs will get another walk. Good for us all!
:)

Back
Top Bottom