Who's Trying to Lose Weight?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I'm usually 165-167. Everytime I try to loose a few pounds, I do just that and can only go as low as 160. Which is still a little much for my frame.

FINALLY! All the grilled chicken and salads paid off! 158 this morning!

I can has cheeseburger now! (nom, nom, nom)

GREAT Jeeks, congrats for getting past the 160# plateau!

I quit smoking a couple of years ago, and promptly went from 225 to 247.
As of yesterday.... 228!!!!!!

Nice Grilling Fool!

Lately it's been chicken breasts, pork chops and very little red meat. Everything is grilled. The DW makes all sorts of different salads like a 3 bean salad, some sort of layered veggie salad. I can't get enough of those. And my energy levels have sky-rocketed. I eat when I'm hungry instead of waiting for a certain time or whatever. Usually it's a bannana in the morning, light lunch at 10-10:30 then dinner once I get home about 5:30-6. If I get hungry later on, I'll have my orange with hot sauce or a little cheese and crackers, etc.

I gotta say the weather now doesn't hurt. There's so much to do and I have to move to do all of it. (Not to mention the tan that goes with it)
Checking in for the week, I don't know what's going on. Maybe my scale is broken... I have gone down a size to an 8.... but I'm maybe a 1;/2 lb less than last week. Probably just switching flab to muscles. Whatever.... I'm more after how I feel and how things fit than an actual number....

Good point Suzi. Muscle weighs more than fat, so if you're strength training or simillar, you want to be concerned with your percentage of body fat not weight.

That's why I don't get how they can go by straight up weight loss on The Biggest Loser. It's a great show and all, very motivating, but they don't seem to take the fat / muscle change into account.

Hello to all. I've not been on the forum for a while...kids came home from college and I seldom get to use the computer! Just Like Grillingfool I quit smoking--but only about 8 months ago. I went from 170 lbs to almost 200!! I quit cold turkey and have just been letting myself have anything I want as a reward. Well, no more.

Last week I went for my "annual" checkup (I haven't had one in more than two years) and found that not only am I fat, my cholesterol is just over 300. Good news is that the so-called good cholesterol is 70. Anyway, I'm now on generic zolar and a low fat, low cholesterol diet. Anyone have any suggestions other than welcome to the life of grilled or broiled chicken salads?

Congratulations to everyone who is losing their unwanted pounds. What an accomplishment!
MG

have lost another pound, 9 in all, doing strict portion control.

my dinner tonight is tangelos and home bake bread. then i will be full. no law says i have to have a whole meal. lol

babe:chef:

Good job, Babetoo!

We went out last night to "celebrate" a new-to-me vehicle. We went to our never-fails sports bar/restaurant and ordered cheeseburgers. I only ate half and 3/4 of my fries.

I'm feeling full with half the portion I used to eat.

I'm sorta doin' the opposite this week.
Mom is taking the kids and I out for lunch today...
I've been really good and had nothing but salads and lean protiens for 4 days so I can eat all my cheesesteak if I want. And I may just want to, I've been craving one for MONTHS!!!
Then it will be back to salads for the weekend.
Lost 2 lbs this week, I doubt the cheesesteak will put it back. :)

Started LEMON DETOX today. Basically, you have 2 litres of water with juice from 4 lemons, 100ml maple syrup and pinch of cayenne pepper. Drinking this through out the day seems to curb your appetite and you don't feel hungry. I will report to you tomorrow see if it really works lol!!!. By the way you don't eat anything at all on this diet!!!

That does NOT sound like a good idea.
To each thier own, I'm EATING.

Hi guys, thank you for your concern. This is my second day of cleansing and I feel great. I think maple syrup is giving the energy and lemon is cleansing. I am only doing it for 3 day if I can. I slept very well too, which was surprising because I never sleep well if I am hungry. Go to The Lemon Detox Diet if you feel like reading about it.

Back
Top Bottom