Who's Trying to Lose Weight?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I suffered from that for about 6 weeks one year. A friend booked me in to see her massage therapist who also has an MD in acupuncture. I kid you not, 10 minutes after she put the needles in, the pain went away and has not returned (it has been 10 years). If you have access to an acupuncturist, it might be worth a try. Nothing else I did worked. Since it is nerve pain, acupuncture might be the answer.

I'll check into that. It's driving me nuts!

The pain that goes down my leg is what I can't handle...dull throbbing, makes me nauseous. I have a TENS machine for some pain relief and BioFreeze for bedtime. Not perfect but they help. This pain can't be handled by tylenol or pain meds...darn it! I hate nerve pain.
I know aspirin is much maligned these days but when I have problems with my hip in cold damp weather aspirin is the only thing that really gets to it. Paracetamol doesn't work on me and ibuprofen only works for me in conjunction with codeine which is not a good thing to be taking. I don't have to take as much aspirin as Nurofen and codeine.

I can't take anymore aspirin than I already do or risk bleeding problems. Same with ibuprofen. Even the narcotic I have does not help very much. My TENS unit is working okay, along with the biofreeze and some therapy exercises I got from the therapists at work. Being in healthcare, I have several routes I can research without it costing me my leg.

I can't take anymore aspirin than I already do or risk bleeding problems. Same with ibuprofen. Even the narcotic I have does not help very much. My TENS unit is working okay, along with the biofreeze and some therapy exercises I got from the therapists at work. Being in healthcare, I have several routes I can research without it costing me my leg.

I would love to try accupuncture for my lower back but cost is an issue with me, too. I am OK throughout the day but it kills me during the night.

I would love to try accupuncture for my lower back but cost is an issue with me, too. I am OK throughout the day but it kills me during the night.

I'm very upset that I can no longer take ibuprofen, it has always been effective for me. I really do not like being dependent on narcotics that don't work well.

A friend of mine had her gall bladder removed. They gave her oxydone. It just made her dopey, without helping with the pain. She smoked a joint and that worked.

A friend of mine had her gall bladder removed. They gave her oxydone. It just made her dopey, without helping with the pain. She smoked a joint and that worked.

Shrek couldn't handle morphine, it's a last resort for him if you need him to make sense. I can't work if I am taking narcotics, so I have to try other avenues to deal with the pain.

Although Cannabis is a Class B Controlled Drug under the Misuse of Drugs Act 1971, in the UK under certain circumstances a medical drug created from cannabis is legally allowed in the UK but because it is produced by only one company it is too expensive for most patients to pay for on a private prescription or for the NHS to provide free so in fact it is rarely prescribed.

While looking this up I came across the Ed Rosenthal case. I was quite shocked that someone could be convicted and sentenced because the Judge declared that the evidence which would clear him was inadmissible!

Apparently Queen Victoria used cannabis for "period" pains (that would be before it was made illegal, of course).

Last edited:
Do you mean you can't function? Or you're not allowed to work with narcotics in your blood.

Not many people want their nurses to be on narcotics while taking care of them...I'm not allowed to work with narcotics on board, good thing I hate taking them.

Not such a good week for me on eating well. I have continued to exercise, but eating the wrong foods. Stepped on the scale before going in the pool, I gained 3 pounds. : ( Plans to start cutting out the bakery & candy, tough with halloween just around the corner.

Not such a good week for me on eating well. I have continued to exercise, but eating the wrong foods. Stepped on the scale before going in the pool, I gained 3 pounds. : ( Plans to start cutting out the bakery & candy, tough with halloween just around the corner.

You seemed to have lost some of your resolve since the surgery. Try to remember that the purpose for Halloween is to pass out the candy, not take it in. We have to get you back on track. I know you can do it. Go girll!! :angel:

Not many people want their nurses to be on narcotics while taking care of them...I'm not allowed to work with narcotics on board, good thing I hate taking them.

Oh, I understand. Most companies, even those not in the medical field, do not want their employees on narcotics, but allow it if it is prescribed and does not interfere with work performance. I feel so much better when I take Percocet, but I do not take it unless it's prescribed after surgery. Then I take one a day to stretch it out as long as I can. I don't think I ever took enough to become dependent, but only because the doc would not prescribe that much. I could very easily become an addict.

You seemed to have lost some of your resolve since the surgery. Try to remember that the purpose for Halloween is to pass out the candy, not take it in. We have to get you back on track. I know you can do it. Go girll!! :angel:
Thanks Addie, I'm having a better week, so far, but it's only Tuesday!
I'm back to tracking my food on line & being more conscience of what is going in my mouth. Not opening that bag of candy until the kids start coming to the door for trick or treating Thursday night...Halloween.
Thanks for your support!:angel::angel:

Someone might have already posted this, so I apologize if I did not see it in this thread. Several at my job are trying to lose weight. Many recommended a web site called Lose-It. What I like about it is that it has tools for logging food, will keep count of calories, will log exercise, and has forums. It has a terrific app for your phone and allows you to scan the bar code on foods to add to your diet. Friends can become a group and post on each others homepage to motivate and get motivated. Plus, it is free.

I recently joined up. There is a premium version for $39/year, which isn't too spendy compared to other options. With the premium version, it will give nutritional information, etc.

It's not hard to use, but it is not as simple as some of its more expensive competitors. *coughsWeightcoughsWatchers* However, it is a fraction of the price. I've been using it. Many of my co-workers are using it. Just want to toss it out there.

Thanks for the tip. I will check that site out also. I currently use sparkpeople.com,, but I'm always looking for new ideas.

There is a free app called my Fitness pal which is very useful , try using it to track what you eat , it adds up the calories . You can put recipes in too and it will work out the calories per portion plus it shows you the nutritional values .

It is soooo easy to eat more calories than you need so keeping a check can be an eye opener .

There is a free app called my Fitness pal which is very useful , try using it to track what you eat , it adds up the calories . You can put recipes in too and it will work out the calories per portion plus it shows you the nutritional values .

It is soooo easy to eat more calories than you need so keeping a check can be an eye opener .

I use FitDay. I am also registered at SparksPeople, but I can't figure that one out.

Back
Top Bottom