"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > General Cooking Information > Health, Nutrition and Special Diets

Old 11-26-2012, 08:32 PM   #901
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessFiona60 View Post
The problem is getting the Happy Dance started on the inside soon enough it makes it to the outside so you CAN feel the floor shake...
The only Happy Dance I can do is to tap my toes. I used to kill myself dancing to Glen Miller music. Now if I can tap a toe or two I am very happy.

Old 11-26-2012, 10:12 PM   #902
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Addie View Post
First all, Welcome!

We presently have a member Simon Baker (SB) who was told by her doctor in no uncertain terms, to lose weight. And we have been following her progress. All of us are so proud of her. Every so often her wagon tilts a little bit, but no major fall offs. And we will gladly give you all the support you may or may not need. Losing weight can often be a daunting task. It is so easy to get discouraged. But we will all be here to keep you going. There are a number of us who are Type 2 (T2) diabetics. I have noticed that folks who try to go by the diet of a T2 usually lose weight. Simply by eating the right foods and in small amounts. SB is finding that she is eating a lot less than she used to. She feels fuller with less food. The diet for a T2 will certainly not hurt you. As you may well know, sugar is the bain of the American diet.

If you have any questions, feel free to ask. There is nothing we love better than helping someone.
Thanks for the kind words addie!! I started at 285# on August 20th & I weighed myself tonight, after swimming, at 255#. I must confess, I gained 3# over Thanksgiving. Granted, I have not been to the gym for 4 days either. It felt wonderful to get back to deep water class tonight. I am looking at it as a minor set back, getting right back up on that horse.

Old 11-26-2012, 10:13 PM   #903
Chef Extraordinaire

The wonderful support & great tips I get from DC is what helps keep me going! Thanks to all!!
Old 11-26-2012, 10:31 PM   #904
Chef Extraordinaire

Site Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by simonbaker
The wonderful support & great tips I get from DC is what helps keep me going! Thanks to all!!
Great job, SB! Beagle weighs 23 pounds, you lost more weight than a full-grown dog weighs! 30 pounds, wow!
Old 11-26-2012, 10:41 PM   #905
Ogress Supreme

Site Administrator

SB, go to the store and have fun with the butter display, pile 30 packages of butter in your cart and take a good look at it. That's how much you have lost by now. If you put the butter back, they will probably let you back in the store.
Old 11-26-2012, 10:46 PM   #906
Chef Extraordinaire

Site Moderator

I'm also thinking the combined weight of 5 cats.

30 pounds of anything is a lot of weight to lose.
Old 11-26-2012, 10:47 PM   #907
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by simonbaker View Post
Thanks for the kind words addie!! I started at 285# on August 20th & I weighed myself tonight, after swimming, at 255#. I must confess, I gained 3# over Thanksgiving. Granted, I have not been to the gym for 4 days either. It felt wonderful to get back to deep water class tonight. I am looking at it as a minor set back, getting right back up on that horse.
That wasn't a setback, that was the treat I have been telling you to give yourself every so often. So you titled the wagon a little bit. At least you didn't fall off it completely. Keep it going. You are doing great. And you know we are all pulling for you.
Old 11-26-2012, 10:54 PM   #908
Chef Extraordinaire

Thank you all for the wonderfull support. Those are some great visuals pf & dawg., on the weight, I never really looked at it like that. It will give me something to think about when I am resisting the candy at nighttime. Dh has a real sweet tooth & there always seems to be so much candy around here. I can be sitting here on my lap top & this is where all my support is coming from. Thanks again!!
Old 11-26-2012, 11:48 PM   #909
Master Chef

Two and a half hours of shoveling snow tonight. That should have burned some calories. I left for to visit the kids on Wednsday with a temperature in the mid 50's. i came back to find 2 inches of snow in my yard. By the time I got off work today, the plow had dumped a pile of snow 2 foot deep, by ten foot long, by 12 foot wide. And then there was the 12 inches of snow over the rest of the driveway, and covering the 20 foot pathway to my front door.

Around here, we don't need no stinking gym. I'm gonna be sore tomorrow, I just know it.

I insist on manually shoveling my driveway, and walkways. It gives me that extra calorie burn, and helps condition my heart, lungs, and muscles.

Seeeeeeya; Chief Longwind of the North

Check out my blog for the friendliest cooking instruction on the net. Go ahead. You know you want to.- http://gwnorthsfamilycookin.wordpress.com/
Chief Longwind Of The North is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 11:50 PM   #910
Ogress Supreme

Site Administrator

See, Chief gets snow...I need him to share some...