Who's Trying to Lose Weight?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Great tips, When I get a chance I will check both of those web sites, Fitness pal & FitDay, out. Sounds like right up my alley!

I got in the gym for 45 mn today, just 25 mn on the bike then lifted weights for 25 mn, just to change it up a bit.

I would love to try accupuncture for my lower back but cost is an issue with me, too. I am OK throughout the day but it kills me during the night.
I don't know what the prices are in the States, but I have had acupuncture treatment for two issues. I went to a physiotherapist who was certified to practice a form of deep tissue accupuncture--it worked wonders on my chronic lower back pain and also resolved the issue where I could not turn my head and look over either shoulder. The treatments were $55 a session, and it took about 4-6 sessions to fix a problem with which I had lived for 25 years. I have been lower back pain free since 2005. And, I can still see over my shoulder. The acupuncture treatment for the sciatica nerve pain was $60 and I only required the one treatment. Some insurance plans cover acupuncture up to a certain amount. I was able to use the cost of the treatments on my tax returns under medical expenses.

I would love to try accupuncture for my lower back but cost is an issue with me, too. I am OK throughout the day but it kills me during the night.

Carol, are you on Medicare? If so, have you read that nice thick book they send you every year? Check to see if it is covered. :angel:

Carol, are you on Medicare? If so, have you read that nice thick book they send you every year? Check to see if it is covered. :angel:

I doubt if it's covered. Mine doesn't even cover my chiropractor, but he is a friend and charges me a minimal fee.

I doubt if it's covered. Mine doesn't even cover my chiropractor, but he is a friend and charges me a minimal fee.

Carol, Medicare is a federal program. And if you are on your state's Medicaid what Medicare doesn't pay for, Medicaid will pay the balance. Medicaid will also pay for your premiums for your Medicare. :angel:

Okay SB, checking up on you. How much of the Halloween candy do you eat? :angel:
Thanks for checking Addie! :angel: I was careful what I ate all day, I did splurge & have 3 fun size twix & 2 fun sized snickers & some hard candy. I ended up only going 50 calories over my goal for the day. We had over 100 trick or treaters for 5 hours, very busy neighborhood here. It felt like I had a sugar hangover, not much for an appetite the day after. Got some time in the gym yesterday. I'm feeling much better, overall, about eating this week, & exercising this week. Maybe the pool today.
Hope all is well with you Addie!:angel::angel:

Thanks for checking Addie! :angel: I was careful what I ate all day, I did splurge & have 3 fun size twix & 2 fun sized snickers & some hard candy. I ended up only going 50 calories over my goal for the day. We had over 100 trick or treaters for 5 hours, very busy neighborhood here. It felt like I had a sugar hangover, not much for an appetite the day after. Got some time in the gym yesterday. I'm feeling much better, overall, about eating this week, & exercising this week. Maybe the pool today.
Hope all is well with you Addie!:angel::angel:

Glad to hear the good news. At least you are aware of the dangers in special holidays. Now we have to get you through Thanksgiving. :angel: Here's one watching over you and what you eat. :angel:

Just something healthier than my usual lunch:

I had a passel of Swiss chard left in the garden, so I made this recipe. It's colorful, healthy, and really good! Plus, it is easy to substitute items if needed. Leeks instead of garlic. Spinach instead of chard. Black beans instead of pintos, etc.

I cut the oil and butter to 1 tablespoon each. And I added 2 cups of cooked Barilla PLUS macaroni. All said, a yummy lunch for 344 calories per serving! With the two cups of pasta, I have four lunches! Oh, and it freezes well too!

The pool felt wonderful today, like a relief after going in the gym for most of the week, last week. Water aerobics class then aqua chi, love it!

Just something healthier than my usual lunch:

I had a passel of Swiss chard left in the garden, so I made this recipe. It's colorful, healthy, and really good! Plus, it is easy to substitute items if needed. Leeks instead of garlic. Spinach instead of chard. Black beans instead of pintos, etc.

I cut the oil and butter to 1 tablespoon each. And I added 2 cups of cooked Barilla PLUS macaroni. All said, a yummy lunch for 344 calories per serving! With the two cups of pasta, I have four lunches! Oh, and it freezes well too!

I copied that recipe. I love Swiss Chard and also Pinto Beans. What could I substitute for the goat cheese, if necessary?

There is a small group at work that is trying to drop mass and get healthier. Everyone has their own eating plan to follow, but it is nice to have the camaraderie. On Friday, we were all given "pebbles" by myInertia.com. I went out for a walk today simply because I could see my rating against others in my group. Who wants to be on the bottom of the exercise list???

It's obnoxiously effective for me since I do not want to be at the bottom of the exercise barrel. In retrospect, I cannot believe I VOLUNTEERED to wear this little thing! :ermm:

I'm not sure if I should be thrilled at its effectiveness or disturbed over the big brother-ishness. :wacko:

I did lose 2 pounds this week.......hmmm.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom