Who's Trying to Lose Weight?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
The most important part of losing weight is to not beat yourself up, ever! We've lost almost 200 pounds as a middle aged couple and it's taken time and persistence, but as we've cut out almost all processed foods from our diet and are now eating mostly real food that we cook at home, we feel better than we can believe.

The most important part of losing weight is to not beat yourself up, ever! We've lost almost 200 pounds as a middle aged couple and it's taken time and persistence, but as we've cut out almost all processed foods from our diet and are now eating mostly real food that we cook at home, we feel better than we can believe.

Congratulations that is a fantastic team effort!

What are the basics of your plan/routine?

Since I have been sick with this cold I have lost ten pounds. I have only eaten two bowls of chicken soup. I have absolutely no appetite and am not hungry. This is not good for a diabetic. My son bought me a package of striped shortbread cookies. And they sit unopened. These are my very favorite cookies. I am drinking plenty of fluids. And that is my only intake. I think next Thursday I am going in to see the doctor. It is time for my six month checkup. I don't want to lose too much weight. I would have to buy all new clothes.

I am feeling much better and am putting around the house. Right now I am doing laundry. Have the kitchen half cleaned. Did the bathroom earlier. So I should have my appetite back. :)

Since I have been sick with this cold I have lost ten pounds. I have only eaten two bowls of chicken soup. I have absolutely no appetite and am not hungry. This is not good for a diabetic. My son bought me a package of striped shortbread cookies. And they sit unopened. These are my very favorite cookies. I am drinking plenty of fluids. And that is my only intake. I think next Thursday I am going in to see the doctor. It is time for my six month checkup. I don't want to lose too much weight. I would have to buy all new clothes.

I am feeling much better and am putting around the house. Right now I am doing laundry. Have the kitchen half cleaned. Did the bathroom earlier. So I should have my appetite back. :)

Eat!!! It's tough for me to do the nursey thing from so far away!!!

Eat!!! It's tough for me to do the nursey thing from so far away!!!

My daughter is taking me out to lunch for pizza. I will have to eat or she will get suspicious. I will have a Pepsi with it. She asked me if I wanted an eggplant parm. No, I feel like pizza. It has been a long time since I had any. I will try to get something down. This being Saturday and your day off, I don't want you to have to do the nursey thing. After we eat, we are both going to get our hair cut. She knew I had a cold, but not how bad it was or how sick I was with it. :)

My daughter is taking me out to lunch for pizza. I will have to eat or she will get suspicious. I will have a Pepsi with it. She asked me if I wanted an eggplant parm. No, I feel like pizza. It has been a long time since I had any. I will try to get something down. This being Saturday and your day off, I don't want you to have to do the nursey thing. After we eat, we are both going to get our hair cut. She knew I had a cold, but not how bad it was or how sick I was with it. :)

Good...I can head back to my vegetative state and off "High Alert."

I too am slimming. (Though you'd never know based on my Superbowl menu.) taking a day off tomorrow, but I will go to the gym and get my run in. I am 3 pounds into a 25 pound weigh loss goal.

Good luck to everyone!

I'm doing the low carb thing to try to lose the 30 pounds I gained since July, when I quit smoking (and another 10 that were excess in July). I have had very good success with low carb in the past and it doesn't adversely affect my cholesterol levels.

However, it's much harder when trying to keep sodium levels reasonable.

PrincessFiona, you soaked olives in plain water to leach out the salt. How many soakings? How long? How much of the salt do you think you got out?

Last edited:
I'm doing the low carb thing to try to lose the 30 pounds I gained since July, when I quit smoking (and another 10 that were excess in July). I have had very good success with low carb in the past and it doesn't adversely affect my cholesterol levels.

However, it's much harder when trying to keep sodium levels reasonable.

PrincessFiona, you soaked olives in plain water to leach out the salt. How many soakings? How long? How much of the salt do you think you got out?

I soaked them in filtered water, changed the water each day, until the soak of the day yielded clear water, no color. It was three days and I reduced the salt level considerably, probably about 75%. Then you can taste the olive, not the salt.

I soaked them in filtered water, changed the water each day, until the soak of the day yielded clear water, no color. It was three days and I reduced the salt level considerably, probably about 75%. Then you can taste the olive, not the salt.

Thank you. Gonna go soak some olives.

I had three slices of a small pizza and a half Pepsi. But I left the crust. I hope you are feeling better. It is lousy when you don't feel better and don't know the reason. :) :)

I have actually pinned it down, intolerance to one of my medications. They had me on 2 Cholesterol medications, I stopped one about 4 days ago and I feel great! Also, my sodium levels were dropping, another thing that can mess you up. Blood sugars have been fine, 95-105.

I have actually pinned it down, intolerance to one of my medications. They had me on 2 Cholesterol medications, I stopped one about 4 days ago and I feel great! Also, my sodium levels were dropping, another thing that can mess you up. Blood sugars have been fine, 95-105.

I was living in Texas when I ws pregnant with my fifth child. The third trimester was during the hottest summer months. I was concerned about taking in too much salt. The doctor told me that I needed salt. There are chemicals in salt that the body needs. Glad you are feeling better. I had my cholesterol cut back also. Sometimes I think the doctors overdose the patient.:)

see i told you those cholesterol meds. were bad. keep an eye on the one you are taking. any muscle aches, stop taking and see the doctor. glad you are feeling better. the muscle deterioration takes awhile. :cool:

see i told you those cholesterol meds. were bad. keep an eye on the one you are taking. any muscle aches, stop taking and see the doctor. glad you are feeling better. the muscle deterioration takes awhile. :cool:

No muscle problems, but that icky stomach feeling is gone. I think I outgrew two meds, I'm seeing the PA on Monday.

Well, I'm down 3.8 pounds for the first three weeks. It's slow progress but at least the needle on the scale is going in the right direction.

Thank you. Gonna go soak some olives.

PF, I'm guessing you weren't soaking kalamata olives? Finally, today, they taste like they aren't too salty. I can see from this thread that I started soaking them on 4 Feb.

I think it's that shiny skin that repels the water.

I'm going to try some of the green ones with pimentos next. They should be easier.

Last edited:
PF, I'm guessing you weren't soaking kalamata olives? Finally, today, they taste like they aren't too salty. I can see from this thread that I started soaking them on 4 Feb.

I think it's that shiny skin that repels the water.

I'm going to try some of the green ones with pimentos next. They should be easier.

Try soaking the green ones in Gin! :ermm::ohmy::LOL:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom