Who's Trying to Lose Weight?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
babetoo said:
i am so proud of myself. i have lost 15 pounds. still counting calories, and it seems to get easier, rather than harder. i try not to think about the other thirty i have to lose. but i am determined to be successful. i do find i have more energy. my blood sugars are wonderful. and i have been able to cut my insulin use in half. so wish me luck, everyone.

Whoa! 15 pounds! Great job, Babe!

babetoo said:
i am so proud of myself. i have lost 15 pounds. still counting calories, and it seems to get easier, rather than harder. i try not to think about the other thirty i have to lose. but i am determined to be successful. i do find i have more energy. my blood sugars are wonderful. and i have been able to cut my insulin use in half. so wish me luck, everyone.

15 pounds is great! I'm glad to hear you're finding it easier. I hope to get to that point too with the calorie counting.

i am stuck again and not losing. everyone join in a giant shout out, "stay out of the cookies, and don't buy anymore? not even for the grand babies. thanks.

Babe,

You have some along way so just keep doing what you have been doing and even if the scale is not moving you are making progress. I think you are right about not buying anymore. I have found that when I am being a little bit weak the best thing to do is buy a single serving or a snack pack, when it is gone it is gone! I really hate the fact that I am paying a higher price but, in the long run it is cheaper and I am better off.

Stay out of the cookies! :ermm::ohmy::LOL:

Sometimes I think losing weight is harder to do than raising children. For all of you who are doing your dangest to lose weight, remember you have a cheering section. :ermm::w00t2::clap::clap::clap::lucky::w00t2:

This time of year is girl scout cookie time too, so we have several boxes in our pantry right now. I allow myself two a day. It's enough to give me a treat without going overboard. For the first time ever, we have made our girl scout cookies last three weeks so far. They're almost gone, but in the past they'd be gone in less than a week. Down 9 pounds now, 16 to go.

This time of year is girl scout cookie time too, so we have several boxes in our pantry right now. I allow myself two a day. It's enough to give me a treat without going overboard. For the first time ever, we have made our girl scout cookies last three weeks so far. They're almost gone, but in the past they'd be gone in less than a week. Down 9 pounds now, 16 to go.

Have Girl Sprout cookies gotten better since the '60s? I never thought they were very good when I was a Girl Sprout.

I love GS cookies, but last year, I bought them and had them sent to soldiers in the middle east--much better for everyone concerned. This year, that option was not available, so my cookies went to Headstart.

The Boy Scout moms were in the office yesterday with baked goods--I told them to go away! (I gave them $3, but didn't take any cake or cookies!)

I am down almost 70 pounds since Dec 2011. Holding pretty steady right now, but I have a few more pounds to lose. More importantly, my blood sugar and cholesterol are good, and I feel GREAT, as Tony the Tiger says.

I love GS cookies, but last year, I bought them and had them sent to soldiers in the middle east--much better for everyone concerned. This year, that option was not available, so my cookies went to Headstart.

The Boy Scout moms were in the office yesterday with baked goods--I told them to go away! (I gave them $3, but didn't take any cake or cookies!)

I am down almost 70 pounds since Dec 2011. Holding pretty steady right now, but I have a few more pounds to lose. More importantly, my blood sugar and cholesterol are good, and I feel GREAT, as Tony the Tiger says.

That is fantastic!

I think it would help if all GS cookies were deported!

For me a sleeve of the peanut butter Do-si-dos is a single serving with a big glass of milk! :pig:

Like so many things, now just a memory. :ermm::ohmy::LOL:

I have stalled. It was a New Years resolution that never got rolling, but I have had a good week. The warm weather has made it a bit easier. I have been running all week(first time I ran more than three times in one week for ages. Off of the big eggy weggy breakfasts and getting a couple of litres of water into me daily. I feel a lot better, but I think I am only down a couple of lbs. I am 190 ish and would like to get back down to 175. I guess that's not too bad for being 6 ft tall, but the height to weight chart says I should be below 180.

Weight is stalled, but I'm losing inches...so I am happy. I went and bought a big package of safety pins for alterations until I can start buying new clothes.:w00t2:

Weight is stalled, but I'm losing inches...so I am happy. I went and bought a big package of safety pins for alterations until I can start buying new clothes.:w00t2:

The inches are what matters (I'm sure you know that.)

When I lost weight several years ago, down to 115, I still couldn't fit a dress I had fit at 130 and fit and muscular.

The inches are what matters (I'm sure you know that.)

When I lost weight several years ago, down to 115, I still couldn't fit a dress I had fit at 130 and fit and muscular.

I'm enjoying being able to walk out of my pants...:rolleyes:

Not only am I trying to lose weight but overall change the way I eat. I do portion control and cut most fried foods out. I love my french fries so i will just portion them. When I make homemade sweet and sour chicken I either grill the chicken breast or pan fry it. No deep frying with batter. Got to start somewhere.

Back
Top Bottom