Who's Trying to Lose Weight?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Down to 233 on the scales this morning. I've lost about 32 pounds in the last year, with most of that in the last 3 months. Makes me smile. Oh, and Deby-lynn, I'll never look as good as you. But then again, I'm a guy. That's a given.:LOL: I'll never look as good as my wife either, and for the same reason.

Seeeeeeya; Chief Longwind of the North
Congratulations! Good for you!

I have lost about 2 pounds since starting low carb diet last week. It's very satisfying. :clap:

I've always wanted to try low carb but I love my carbs so much! I'm sure I don't get enough protein also. Good for you for sticking to it!
I have a tough time getting my protein in sometimes too. I rely on cottage cheese, milk, beans, almonds, chicken & occasionaly beef jerky. Hope it helps!

Eating food not be a barrier to weight loss , It is also not the main reason you can eat whatever you want , however keep your weight workout Such as running an hour every day and enter in one clubs the fitness To keep in shape , and good luck :)

incomplete proteins have 0 value besides caloric. i spotted several.
I only see two incomplete proteins in that list. If one were to eat the almonds and the beans on the same day, there would be complete protein.

Besides, almonds and beans have lots of other nutrients than incomplete protein and calories, unless you don't count vitamins, fibre, and minerals. :glare:

I have not gotton to the pool this weekend & am missing it very much. I did get on the elliptical for 40 mn. yesterday morning. It's so darn cold out in that garage today not sure if I will brave the cold & get out there, plans to get to both my classes tomorrow in the pool. Eating healthier is finally starting to feel easier for me, instead of such a challenge.

Most important, eat a wide variety of foods in the proper proportions, including 3oz. of meat, a half cup of each veggie. Avoid highly processed, or fast foods. Increase how much you move. Start a walking program, or a swimming program, something that's easy on the knees and back. And remember, a loss of two pounds or so a week is a good loss rate. You will hit plateaus, where you are doing everything right, but the weight will not come off. These are temporary, and sometimes mean that you have to step up your exercise routine a bit.

You have to want the weight loss. You have to be stubborn about it, and for a long time. You don't have to starve yourself, or spend money on fad diets. Remember, the foods you eat contain matter. Your body is made of matter. part of the food is unusable by the body and is eliminated from your body. The rest is absorbed, and is either used up as energy, turned into healthy body tissue, or fat. Think about what food is, and what your body does with it. Go from there.

Seeeeeya; Chief Longwind of the North

Last edited by a moderator:
I LOST FIVE POUNDS!!! :w00t2::clap::punk:

Last week when I weighed myself officially I was a little surprised that my weight was less than I suspected, but today it was down another five pounds! I know a lot of this is just from the "cleansing" I am doing on my candida diet but whatever it is I will take it.

The emotional boost something like that gives when you are feeling so lousy and overwhelmed by the limited food options is humongous! I also just physically feel better.

I may be restricted in what I eat but I am not starving and am actually liking my choices, partly because they are wholesome foods and partly because I am not in as much pain or depression as I was eating all the other stuff.

I am basically on a diet of poultry, most veggies (no corn, carrots, peas, asparagus), no fruit of any kind, no cow dairy, soy, eggs or gluten. I have a lot of goat milk, yogurt and cheese, brown rice, coconut (milk, oil, etc.), citrus, and a lot of little things that bring flavour to what I can eat. I am having a lot of salads, homemade soup, rice cake sandwiches, etc. So I am not deprived, just healthy!! :)

Good for you LP!

I just ordered Jillian Michaels Killer Buns and Thighs and Abs DVDs. It's getting harder to drive to the gym 3-4 times a week. Now that I am happy with my weight, I really need to tone up.

Good for you LP!

I just ordered Jillian Michael's Killer Buns and Thighs and Abs DVDs. It's getting harder to drive to the gym 3-4 times a week. Now that I am happy with my weight, I really need to tone up.

Running up hills creates killer buns and thighs at the same time. Push-ups creates killer abs.

I allowed myself to be talked into doing calisthenics with a fellow sailor, back in my early thirties. He was conditioning himself to try out for the Navy Seals. We were stationed on the same ship. At that time, I could do sit-ups and crunches endlessly, literally. But his routine included lots of push-ups, 2 sets of 25 in the morning, 2 sets at noon, and 2 sets after our shift ended. On that third group of sets, on my 1rst day trying to keep up with my friend, I pulled a stomach muscle. That ended that.

If you do 1 set of twenty push-ups per day, you will be amazed at the workout you give your core muscles. It takes a great deal of stomach muscle strength to keep your body in a straight line while doing push-ups. It doesn't hurt the pectorals, triceps, or deltoids either.

Another great stomach exerciser is swimming, especially the dolphin kick, though the Australian crawl is pretty good at working all of the muscle groups as well. The butterfly, well that's for people in much, much better shape than me.:LOL: And you have to be careful with the butterfly, because it can over develop the pectorals and lats, while leaving the back muscles untested. People who specialize in the butterfly have to do back exercises to avoid becoming muscularly unbalanced, witch can lead to health issues.

Good luck with your conditioning program, whatever it is.

Seeeeeya; Chief Longwind of the North

I went for my pre-op checkup today. I am back down to 139 lbs. I was up to 142. Was hoping to stay there. But haven't had any appetite at all. So today I went downstairs for the Christmas party. We were supposed to have KFC. The manager got out voted. I had three little slices of sausage. Again it was all Italian food smothered in tomato. Nothing like acidic foods to eat the bottom of my stomach out. What wasn't smothered in tomato, was fried and sitting in a pool of grease. That would certainly make my gall bladder happy. So from now on I am going to skip the parties. Had it been KFC I could have had some mac and cheese. Even some of their instant mashed potatoes with a little gravy. It is still early, so I am gong to try to eat something here in my home. :angel:

I went for my pre-op checkup today. I am back down to 139 lbs. I was up to 142. Was hoping to stay there. But haven't had any appetite at all. So today I went downstairs for the Christmas party. We were supposed to have KFC. The manager got out voted. I had three little slices of sausage. Again it was all Italian food smothered in tomato. Nothing like acidic foods to eat the bottom of my stomach out. What wasn't smothered in tomato, was fried and sitting in a pool of grease. That would certainly make my gall bladder happy. So from now on I am going to skip the parties. Had it been KFC I could have had some mac and cheese. Even some of their instant mashed potatoes with a little gravy. It is still early, so I am gong to try to eat something here in my home. :angel:

Might I suggest a little baked chicken, with garlic, salt, and olive oil rubbed in before baking, with a side of freshly steamed acorn squash, and a refreshing, pre-made salad from the grocery store, sans the generic dressing. Follow this with an eggnog brule', and your favorite beverage. Dinner will be served when you get it cooked. But it's an easy menu. an hour to make it from begging to end, tops.

Or, a bowl of Rice Krispies, with milk and honey is always tasty. I had that three days back, first time in 20 years. I was amazed at how great it tasted.

Seeeeya; Chief Longwind of the North

I stepped on the scale & I am 40# down from my previous weight in late august.Portion size & exercise it what has done it for me.

Back
Top Bottom