Who's Trying to Lose Weight?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Jabbur, you have no idea how glad this makes my heart to know that my little experiment made that type of change in your life! Thanks for letting me know and I am so excited for you. Good start!

We did my weigh in today and I managed to lose 3 pounds trying to not lose weight.:LOL: I had a 30 minute walk after work. Still trying to get a gym membership, it's too cold outside for strenuous walking.
Congratulations on your weight loss!! Wish I could say the same..

Have you hit that plateau that we discussed at the beginning of your odyssey of weight loss? Don't get discouraged. You may not see the weight coming off, but you will see a change in your body shape. One day you will put your hand on your waist and discover that you actually have one. :angel:

+1 for the Princess

SB, you have done so well and this was the worst time of the year to try and lose weight. At least with me I know that if I eat the wrong food it will not only make me gain weight but I will get sick too. That is extra incentive. My problem is getting the exercise I need because my fibromyalgia and osteoarthritis are bad right now. I really wish I could go to the pool like you.

Don't be hard on yourself. Think of how far you have come, not how far you have yet to go.

Have you hit that plateau that we discussed at the beginning of your odyssey of weight loss? Don't get discouraged. You may not see the weight coming off, but you will see a change in your body shape. One day you will put your hand on your waist and discover that you actually have one. :angel:
Thank you addie. I am still working on losing the 3# I gained over Christmas break. My swimming lessons went great tonight!:):angel:

+1 for the Princess

SB, you have done so well and this was the worst time of the year to try and lose weight. At least with me I know that if I eat the wrong food it will not only make me gain weight but I will get sick too. That is extra incentive. My problem is getting the exercise I need because my fibromyalgia and osteoarthritis are bad right now. I really wish I could go to the pool like you.

Don't be hard on yourself. Think of how far you have come, not how far you have yet to go.
Thank you LP. I need to leave the candy alone I love anything gummy or chewy, I need to get out of this mode. If it were up to me I would give up all food except for candy.:):yum::angel:

I went for my monthly checkup at Winthrop today. I lost three pounds. And it wasn't because I was trying to. I have been eating. Mostly veggies. Today I had a wax and green bean salad with Ranch dressing. The nurse asked me if I was eating. Really eating. I have been. I was surprised that I had lost. I thought for sure it would show about a five pound gain. I have been picking, picking, picking. In fact I have a big bowl of ice cream in front of me. YUM! What I haven't been eating is carbs. And I don't ever eat sweets or desserts. :angel:

I went for my monthly checkup at Winthrop today. I lost three pounds. And it wasn't because I was trying to. I have been eating. Mostly veggies. Today I had a wax and green bean salad with Ranch dressing. The nurse asked me if I was eating. Really eating. I have been. I was surprised that I had lost. I thought for sure it would show about a five pound gain. I have been picking, picking, picking. In fact I have a big bowl of ice cream in front of me. YUM! What I haven't been eating is carbs. And I don't ever eat sweets or desserts. :angel:

:clap: YAY!! I always thought ice cream was a sweet, a dessert AND a carb! YAY!! :clap: Thanks, Addie for breaking that myth! :angel:

:clap: YAY!! I always thought ice cream was a sweet, a dessert AND a carb! YAY!! :clap: Thanks, Addie for breaking that myth! :angel:

I saw an episode of Iron Chef a couple weeks back where ice cream was made using beef fat. I don't know if it was a savory, or sweet ice cream, but the judges loved it. If it was a savory ice cream, it would be low carb.:ohmy:

Seeeeeeya; Chief Longwind of the North

I saw an episode of Iron Chef a couple weeks back where ice cream was made using beef fat. I don't know if it was a savory, or sweet ice cream, but the judges loved it. If it was a savory ice cream, it would be low carb.:ohmy:

Seeeeeeya; Chief Longwind of the North

Sorry, Chief, not going to try beef fat ice cream sweet OR savory - Not going to happen! :sick:

I realize the fat for ice cream comes from the family of bovines. But I want the fat from the right place. The udders. :angel:

After eeking up to the top of my healthy weight range over the holidays, I've been counting calories again. I've only been actually keeping track for the last few days, and I've stuck in the 1200 to 1300 range. I was 122 over the holidays, down to 119 now. Hoping to get down to 105, which is 10 lb above the lower end of my healthy range. I usually get down to about 112-115 before I lose my motivation. Maybe this time I can stick it out...

Over the past 18 months I've lost about 30 lbs. The first ten were the right way, upping my aerobic activity mostly. The last 20 was anxiety and travel. Now I'm not happy with how it happened (broken hip, sick and dying parents), but I really do NOT want to re-gain it and that's my goal this year. Rebuilding lost muscle (particularly in my thighs) without re-gaining weight.

Thank you LP. I need to leave the candy alone I love anything gummy or chewy, I need to get out of this mode. If it were up to me I would give up all food except for candy.:):yum::angel:

Have you tried sugar free candies to satisfy your sweet tooth?

I love these and sugar free old fashioned candies but I can't find a pic of those.
There is a big variety of sugar free and low carb candies available.

lifesaversugarfree.jpg

russell_stover_sugar_free_toffee_squares.jpg

Over the past 18 months I've lost about 30 lbs. The first ten were the right way, upping my aerobic activity mostly. The last 20 was anxiety and travel. Now I'm not happy with how it happened (broken hip, sick and dying parents), but I really do NOT want to re-gain it and that's my goal this year. Rebuilding lost muscle (particularly in my thighs) without re-gaining weight.

You go girl! You know you will get all the support and encouragement you will need right here. :angel:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom