Who's Trying to Lose Weight?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Nice! Love those chickens who can dance! :LOL:
Gisabelle does the high step...she kicks her legs straight out in front when she comes outside in the snow...if she'd wiggle her butt, she'd be doing the can-can or could audition to be on Dancing with the Stars.

Last edited:
:LOL:
Gisabelle does the high step...she kicks her legs straight out in front when she comes outside in the snow...if she'd wiggle her butt, she'd be doing the can-can or could audition to be on Dancing with the Stars.

:ROFLMAO: love that!

I Got to the gym & exercise 4 days last week, friday & today just didn't work out. Not feeling great today, a little nautious & dizzy at times. Probaly just from laying around to much today. Anxiously awaiting a phone call when the surgery will be.

I Got to the gym & exercise 4 days last week, friday & today just didn't work out. Not feeling great today, a little nautious & dizzy at times. Probaly just from laying around to much today. Anxiously awaiting a phone call when the surgery will be.

You probably won't get the call over the weekend. Keep your mind on something happy. :angel:

Trying to lose a few pounds. I was in great shape about 6-7 months ago... best of my life! But then a freak weight-lifting accident occurred and I was forced to the sidelines for quite a while. Time to get back into shape!

Trying to lose a few pounds. I was in great shape about 6-7 months ago... best of my life! But then a freak weight-lifting accident occurred and I was forced to the sidelines for quite a while. Time to get back into shape!
Glad you found this thread! We are all about encouraging each other here.

Sorry to hear about your accident. I hope the injuries weren't too serious. Remember to start back slowly. And don't be too hard on yourself. Before you know it you will be right back where you were.

I look forward to hearing your progress, and any challenges - believe me, all of us here have gone through both!

I got a thumbs up from my asthma doc yesterday! :) He has cleared me to do more walking outside as long as it doesn't effect my other symptoms, but my breathing is better than it has been in years! :clap:

I am really hoping to get to the pool but the time frame 6 am - 8 am is very difficult for me both in getting up and transportation. I am hoping I may be able to afford to renew my YMCA membership again as I can go almost anytime I want to do the water walking. It isn't as good a set-up, but it is what got me in shape the first time, and they have the treadmills, etc. and coaches right there.

I am staying at the 200 mark, but the good news is I am not going up. As soon as I can get more active, I know the weight will start going down again.

I got a thumbs up from my asthma doc yesterday! :) He has cleared me to do more walking outside as long as it doesn't effect my other symptoms, but my breathing is better than it has been in years! :clap:

I am really hoping to get to the pool but the time frame 6 am - 8 am is very difficult for me both in getting up and transportation. I am hoping I may be able to afford to renew my YMCA membership again as I can go almost anytime I want to do the water walking. It isn't as good a set-up, but it is what got me in shape the first time, and they have the treadmills, etc. and coaches right there.

I am staying at the 200 mark, but the good news is I am not going up. As soon as I can get more active, I know the weight will start going down again.

Great! I'm happy for you! If I lived near you we could walk together. My foot feels good enough to walk now, and I have been trying to take a walk every day. Around my country block is 1 1/2 miles, and I can make that again now. I still have some troubles with my foot and my knees too, but I just know that if I keep it up and keep losing the pounds that it will get to feeling better.

I started at 238 pounds, and I have been trying to loose weight for four weeks now. 6# lost the first week, and 2# per week after that. I am down to 226# now. I would love to be at that 200 mark with you. If I can maintain my current rate of weight loss (2 # per week) then I could be at 200# by sometime in July.
I guess I just need to eat low carb for the rest of my life. I think I can! :rolleyes:

Great! I'm happy for you! If I lived near you we could walk together. My foot feels good enough to walk now, and I have been trying to take a walk every day. Around my country block is 1 1/2 miles, and I can make that again now. I still have some troubles with my foot and my knees too, but I just know that if I keep it up and keep losing the pounds that it will get to feeling better.

I started at 238 pounds, and I have been trying to loose weight for four weeks now. 6# lost the first week, and 2# per week after that. I am down to 226# now. I would love to be at that 200 mark with you. If I can maintain my current rate of weight loss (2 # per week) then I could be at 200# by sometime in July.
I guess I just need to eat low carb for the rest of my life. I think I can! :rolleyes:

:flowers::flowers::clap::clap:Two more for our weight loss cheering section. LP and chopper. So hop on the band wagon and lets get to cheering those pounds off. :angel:

:flowers::flowers::clap::clap:Two more for our weight loss cheering section. LP and chopper. So hop on the band wagon and lets get to cheering those pounds off. :angel:

Thanks! But, don't forget that crazyforfood is also trying to loose now! So make it three! ;)

I can use all the help you can dish out! I think it helps just to let you all know where I was at, where I am now, and what my first goal is! I really need to get below that 200 mark. I know that is hard for someone as tiny as you to even think of, but knees were not made to carry so much weight! :)

Thanks! But, don't forget that crazyforfood is also trying to loose now! So make it three! ;)

I can use all the help you can dish out! I think it helps just to let you all know where I was at, where I am now, and what my first goal is! I really need to get below that 200 mark. I know that is hard for someone as tiny as you to even think of, but knees were not made to carry so much weight! :)

At one time I was only 4'8" and weighed 180 lbs. Having a plethora of kids will pack on the weight. But slowly over the years I have lost it to where I am now 139 lbs. Still have a way to go though. I work on it when I am not having other health problems. The lowest I have ever been was 84 lbs. I looked like a severe anorexic. Took me six months to get back up to 100 lbs. My weight has been all over the place. :angel:

I so know what you are saying, Chopper. People say that because I am 5'8" 200 lbs isn't bad. They even said I didn't look heavy at 230. But when you have a fractured back, knee replacement and other ailments that are affected by weight, it doesn't matter what your proportions are, too much weight is too much. And Addie, I am not in the least saying you don't understand - my SIL is your height and has had her weight go all over the place. It is all relative! :angel:

I am setting a goal of 170, but if I am a little up or down from that I will be fine with it. :)

I'm about going insane with this new diet...the food part is fine, but I am still gaining weight. I walk 1 hour 4 days a week, I do weights 3 days a week. I'm almost up to a jog on my walks now and I'm adding reps with each workout. I am NOT losing inches. The only thing that has improved is my cholesterol levels and blood pressure.

Princess, take heart in the fact that you are getting healthier. Maybe the diet isn't the right one for you. Maybe you have just hit a plateau, but please don't get discouraged or stop what you are doing. You are doing so well...so much better than me...and it will pay off.

{{{{{{{{{{{{{Princess Fiona}}}}}}}}}}}}}

I so know what you are saying, Chopper. People say that because I am 5'8" 200 lbs isn't bad. They even said I didn't look heavy at 230. But when you have a fractured back, knee replacement and other ailments that are affected by weight, it doesn't matter what your proportions are, too much weight is too much. And Addie, I am not in the least saying you don't understand - my SIL is your height and has had her weight go all over the place. It is all relative! :angel:

I am setting a goal of 170, but if I am a little up or down from that I will be fine with it. :)

I'm just over 5.8 and I look terrible at 160 (The biggest I've been) , my mom is almost the same height and looks good at 200lbs.
There's no "one size fits all"

You are doing great Laurie :) You'll get there, slow and steady wins the race!!

P.S I'm glad to hear your asthma is under control! :flowers:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom