Who's Trying to Lose Weight?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I'm about going insane with this new diet...the food part is fine, but I am still gaining weight. I walk 1 hour 4 days a week, I do weights 3 days a week. I'm almost up to a jog on my walks now and I'm adding reps with each workout. I am NOT losing inches. The only thing that has improved is my cholesterol levels and blood pressure.

Have you considered consulting a dietician? :angel:

I'm not trying to lose weight but would like to redistribute some.

It wouldn't have to be moved far. Just from my belly to my behind.

You see, I suffer from the men's disease "Noasitol".

The primary warning sign is a constant hitching up of the britches as they yield to the pull of gravity.

If you constantly have the sensation of a reverse snuggie you just may have noasitol.

I'm not trying to lose weight but would like to redistribute some.

It wouldn't have to be moved far. Just from my belly to my behind.

You see, I suffer from the men's disease "Noasitol".

The primary warning sign is a constant hitching up of the britches as they yield to the pull of gravity.

If you constantly have the sensation of a reverse snuggie you just may have noasitol.

:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Have you considered consulting a dietician? :angel:

This is the diet decided on/approved by my Cardiologist, my Primary and the Dietician.

I get two slices of bread every other day - 9 grain and I only have 1 half serving of rice crackers as a mid-afternoon snack. No starchy carbs at lunch, protein and veg/fruit only.

This is the diet decided on/approved by my Cardiologist, my Primary and the Dietician.

I get two slices of bread every other day - 9 grain and I only have 1 half serving of rice crackers as a mid-afternoon snack. No starchy carbs at lunch, protein and veg/fruit only.

You could try adding papaya or pineapple to your diet. The enzymes they contain help you break down proteins and they provide good fiber. Low carb diet can cause pretty bad constipation.

Drinking green tea or cayenne tea with a dash of lemon is also good for getting the metabolism going.

I have Green Tea or Cayenne every day and I've really noticed an improvement in my overall health.

Not having problems with constipation, days I don't eat steel cut oats, I have pineapple as a mid morning snack. I get plenty of carbs from the fresh fruit and veg I eat. I'm eating right...that's why the weight gain is making me crazy! I'm exercising right...that's why the weight gain is making me crazy. So I am down to medications that are causing the weight gain...

Not having problems with constipation, days I don't eat steel cut oats, I have pineapple as a mid morning snack. I get plenty of carbs from the fresh fruit and veg I eat. I'm eating right...that's why the weight gain is making me crazy! I'm exercising right...that's why the weight gain is making me crazy. So I am down to medications that are causing the weight gain...

That's a big possibility! It would drive me crazy too :(
Hope you figure it out, good luck :)

Then the only explanation can be the photos on DC. You must be able to figure out how to turn off that feature so you can't see the pics of food? Your brain tells your body you ate the food when you look at the pics, and therefore, you are not losing the weight. Your brain is lying to your body. I'm sure there is a study out there s/where that shows people who spend time cooking in cyberspace / on food forums have a harder time losing weight even when on a restricted diet. :ermm:

Last edited:
Then the only explanation can be the photos on DC. You must be able to figure out how to turn off that feature so you can't see the pics of food? Your brain tells your body you ate the food when you look at the pics, and therefore, you are not losing the weight. Your brain is lying to your body. I'm sure there is a study out there s/where that shows people who spend time cooking in cyberspace / on food forums have a harder time losing weight even when on a restricted diet. :ermm:

Or you might be getting water retention from sitting in front of your PC to often!

PF, have you tried really changing up the kind of exercise you are doing? My doc has said that if you hit a wall and stop losing to change from walking to bike riding, or whatever....or walk really fast and then slow down and continue the cycle throughout the walk. Adding in hills also helps. Or go swimming one day a week and walk the rest. You get the idea. Just changing it up is the main thing. It's worth a try if you haven't done it.:ermm:

:ohmy::clap::punk::clap::ohmy:

I just weighed in at (drumroll please)

!!198!!

Now to maintain that.... but it sure feels good to get under that 200 mark.

For everyone else who is struggling with their weight goals right now I commend you, cheer you on and say "if I can do it, anyone can". I am in no way gloating. This is hard and 2 pounds under does not mean I am in the clear, but it is a nice start!

:)

!!198!!

For everyone else who is struggling with their weight goals right now I commend you, cheer you on and say "if I can do it, anyone can". I am in no way gloating. This is hard and 2 pounds under does not mean I am in the clear, but it is a nice start!

w00t! :w00t2:

I think she is licking the pictures on her monitor. :angel:

!!198!!

Another success story! :flowers: Dang we are good! :angel:

!!198!!

Woo-hoo! Milestone!!! Congratulations. It must feel nice to be under the 200 mark! You go, girl! I don't own a scale, I go by which drawer of clothes I can wear. I don't want to know what I weigh....

!!198!!

:clap::punk: WTG !!!

Great Job!!

Good for you!!! What a wonderful feeling that must be!! You are a true inspiration! My last weight was 229#, so looking forward to getting under that 200# mark too.

I got to the pool tonight for deep water class, then I ent in to the warm water pool for awhile & did 100 sit ups on the rack in the pool. I figured I had better try & tighten up my stomach for the next couple of weeks before they cut me up.

!!198!!

It's a great start! I am so happy for you!:)

!!198!!

Yay!! :clap: :flowers:

Back
Top Bottom