Who's Trying to Lose Weight?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
BRAT is supposed to be a low residue diet, the brown rice and whole grain are not good for the BRAT diet.

My thoughts exactly. When I had my gastro surgery, the doctor had me on a no fiber diet for about six months. Then gradually he allowed me to introduce low fiber foods one at a time. Soft boiled or scrambled eggs were my mainstay. I felt like I had eaten a banquet with just one egg. :angel:

I had a doctor who went fishing so he wouldn't even be in town for at least 48 hours after my surgery. He didn't want the harassing phone calls to let me go home before I was ready. I'm a horrible patient.:rolleyes:
To be quite honest, I did not make for a good patient either. First I wanted was out of that hospital. Good report back from check up appt. today. I can go back to water walking & light work hours on monday the 13th! Made my whole day!:)

My thoughts exactly. When I had my gastro surgery, the doctor had me on a no fiber diet for about six months. Then gradually he allowed me to introduce low fiber foods one at a time. Soft boiled or scrambled eggs were my mainstay. I felt like I had eaten a banquet with just one egg. :angel:
I know what you mean. Small portions seem very filling to me too. Doc told me today I could go back to eating a regular diet now. I have been hungry for fruits & veggies so went & picked up some fresh bean sprouts, bok choy, snow peas & fresh pineapple. Figured I would make a nice chicken stir fry sometime soon.

Lost four pounds this week! :clap:

I have been going up and down lately. Maybe because I was able to up the exercise. My knees are feeling somewhat better and I can walk pretty well now. I have also been able to ride my bike some. But the big news is...I am down a total of 20 pounds from where I started. Others don't really see a change, but I can feel it! Only 18 more pounds before I am in "one-der land!" ;)

To be quite honest, I did not make for a good patient either. First I wanted was out of that hospital. Good report back from check up appt. today. I can go back to water walking & light work hours on monday the 13th! Made my whole day!:)

Glad to hear it. Take it slow. You are not Superwoman yet. Introduce foods with skin, one at a time. See how you system handles the skins. Some folks can handle them just fine, some can't. I am glad you can go in the pool again. I know it was something you really enjoyed. Keep us posted. We are all pulling for you. :angel:

Lost four pounds this week! :clap:

I have been going up and down lately. Maybe because I was able to up the exercise. My knees are feeling somewhat better and I can walk pretty well now. I have also been able to ride my bike some. But the big news is...I am down a total of 20 pounds from where I started. Others don't really see a change, but I can feel it! Only 18 more pounds before I am in "one-der land!" ;)

Yea! Keep it up!:)

Thanks PF. I really am on a mission this time, and I hope that what I am doing (life style changes) will stick! Summers are easier for me, because they are much less stressful. For some reason when I get home from work I think I need to eat a whole bag of chips, or a whole box of crackers! I'm thinking if I can keep these changes up that by this time next year I will be feeling really good. My knees will thank me.:LOL:

Keep up the good work chopper. If you feel like a snack, think protein. Not carb. Beef jerkey would be a good choice. Even cheese. Nibble stuff. :angel:

I've started wanting fresh fruit for nibbles instead of salty carbs. It's taken a bit of doing to get it done, though.

I've started wanting fresh fruit for nibbles instead of salty carbs. It's taken a bit of doing to get it done, though.

I can't tell you the last time I had a potato chip. I just finished eating a small plate of baked beans for a snack. I was going to have some bacon with them, but Spike stole my bacon. I only have used two and a half slices out of the package. I cut the whole package in half and only make half slices. One each time. This is the first time I have bought bacon for myself in two years. I buy a pound and give it to Spike before it even goes in my fridge. I really make a strong concerted effort to practice portion control. Mostly protein, a small amount of carbs and a big helping of veggie.

When I give Spike my shopping list his half covers the produce department. So on the list I just say, "one fruit of any that are on sale." Sometimes I have more than three and some months nothing I like is on sale. Spike knows what I like. Sometimes I will have a baked 'tater for a snack. Problem is the amount of butter. I think my favorite snack though is two small cans of wax beans and beets. Chilled, drained and with Hidden Valley dressing. The problem there is the dressing. I could drink that stuff out of the bottle. :angel:

Thanks PF. I really am on a mission this time, and I hope that what I am doing (life style changes) will stick! Summers are easier for me, because they are much less stressful. For some reason when I get home from work I think I need to eat a whole bag of chips, or a whole box of crackers! I'm thinking if I can keep these changes up that by this time next year I will be feeling really good. My knees will thank me.:LOL:

You are doing a great job!

The only way I have been able to handle trigger foods is to keep them out of the house! :ermm::ohmy::LOL:

The only crunch is carrot sticks with some salad dressing or a crisp Claussen pickle, not exactly a chip or a cracker. Maybe you could paint a carb control tortilla with some olive oil, sprinkle on some herbs and spices, cut it up and bake it in the oven to make some chips, just a thought.

Just keep working on cleaning up your daily routine and remember It's not what you do once in awhile, it's what you do everyday that counts!

Keep your eye on the prize, Chop!

When my kids were school age, I used to keep a large glass in the fridge filled with celery and carrot sticks. I kept it right in front so it was the first thing they saw and would grab. Every day a fresh batch was made. And it always went fast. :angel:

I am feeling fantastic! Just got home from the gtm. I got in 8 miles in 80 minutes. Had some good music on my headphones, it was quite the adreneline rush. Forst time in a very long time I've felt this good!

You are doing a great job!

The only way I have been able to handle trigger foods is to keep them out of the house! :ermm::ohmy::LOL:

The only crunch is carrot sticks with some salad dressing or a crisp Claussen pickle, not exactly a chip or a cracker. Maybe you could paint a carb control tortilla with some olive oil, sprinkle on some herbs and spices, cut it up and bake it in the oven to make some chips, just a thought.

Just keep working on cleaning up your daily routine and remember It's not what you do once in awhile, it's what you do everyday that counts!

Keep your eye on the prize, Chop!

Thanks! I really like celery with peanut butter. Gives me the crunch with a good punch of protein. I'm not sure why I don't make my nutrition a priority during the school year when I am working. I just get tired I guess. I could do retirement really well, but that is not in the near future.:mad: I am more motivated than ever right now, so yes, my eye is on the prize! :)

When my kids were school age, I used to keep a large glass in the fridge filled with celery and carrot sticks. I kept it right in front so it was the first thing they saw and would grab. Every day a fresh batch was made. And it always went fast. :angel:

This is what I do in the summer when I am home. Guess I need to get better at doing it all year long.

I am feeling fantastic! Just got home from the gtm. I got in 8 miles in 80 minutes. Had some good music on my headphones, it was quite the adreneline rush. Forst time in a very long time I've felt this good!

You rock girlfriend! Good for you! :punk:

I love hearing good news. Keep it up. Sounds like you have found your road to travel. :angel:

Thank you very much for the encouragement! I think I may have over-did a bit this afternoon. I swam a mile in the pool (36 laps) it took me a long time (90 minutes), I'm feeling like a truck ran over me tonight.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom