Who's Trying to Lose Weight?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
She is 27.

The show centers around a trainer named Chris Powell and a weight loss clinic in California. People are chosen who have struggled with obesity all their lives. This year they had twins and a married couple which were interesting, and several individuals. Chris takes them through a full year of learning, fitness, lifestyle changes (including diet) and often has to help them lose emotional baggage before pounds.

It is on ABC Tuesday nights at 8 pm and is two hours.

Aunt Bea, I think I will pass on the gypsy, but love your spreadsheet idea. I just have to be careful not to make too strict goals because of my pain levels. We learned that if you set your expectations too high and don't meet them because of the pain, it makes everything worse. But having something to go by sounds great!

Realistic is the key!

I think it is better to show some slow, steady, sustained progress than to set the bar too high and get discouraged time after time. If at the end of the year I only make 75% of my goal I'm still winning, it will just take a little longer than planned.

I have to keep reminding myself it took over half a century to get into this pickle and it will take some time to get out of it.

I think I have the eating part figured out.

I'm still having problems convincing myself that exercise is fun! :ermm::ohmy::LOL:

I still haven't ruled out the gypsy! ;)

I may have to catch that show, but it is hard to fit in TV watching in the summer evenings when it is so nice out. We are either walking or sitting on the deck, or watching the sun set, or across the street watching the neighbor fly his rc airplane, or flying a kite, or playing with the dogs............We have several things recorded that we need to watch when the weather is not so nice.

Thank you TL. I have noticed that each person who is trying to lose weight, seem to have their own rooting section. And that is a good thing. I know when Simonbaker came on and told us what her doctor had just told her, I was horrified and scared for her.

Losing weight is so much harder than putting it on. We all need a cheering section. Here's hoping that everyone who is in this battle will lose five pounds this week. Five pounds can mean one size down in the clothing department for some. :angel: And for all our dieters. :angel::angel::angel:

Thank you & TL so much for your, and everyone's, encouragement. I started at 285# & am now down to 222#, still working on it everyday. This past weekend was tough, getting together with old fiends with to much good food & drinks. As making this a lifestyle change I just try to look at these set backs a giant hurdles to overcome & know I need to get back on track Monday morning. Your advice & encouragement is so much appreciated!!:angel::angel:

Thank you & TL so much for your, and everyone's, encouragement. I started at 285# & am now down to 222#, still working on it everyday. This past weekend was tough, getting together with old fiends with to much good food & drinks. As making this a lifestyle change I just try to look at these set backs a giant hurdles to overcome & know I need to get back on track Monday morning. Your advice & encouragement is so much appreciated!!:angel::angel:

SB, whether you realize it or not. just the fact that you are willing to put the starting amount out there for the world to see what your weight was at the start shows how committed you are to losing this weight. The average person when asked, will hem and haw about their true weight. Sixty-three pounds? That is more than a commercial size bag of flour for your café. And you have done this in spite of having an unexpected interruption in your quest. Keep it up. What has your doctor said about your weight loss? Have you gone down a size? :angel:

The hardest thing is allowing yourself to do is enjoy the "cheats" and realize that they will be a constant part of your life, it's how you move on from them that counts. One day of indulgence once in a while isn't going to ruin it all! It's part of enjoying life. You seem to have a good handle on it!

The hardest thing is allowing yourself to do is enjoy the "cheats" and realize that they will be a constant part of your life, it's how you move on from them that counts. One day of indulgence once in a while isn't going to ruin it all! It's part of enjoying life. You seem to have a good handle on it!
Yup, it's a lifestyle change, so it has to be enjoyable to work.

Well said, Bakechef! SB, we are all so proud of you!

SB, whether you realize it or not. just the fact that you are willing to put the starting amount out there for the world to see what your weight was at the start shows how committed you are to losing this weight. The average person when asked, will hem and haw about their true weight. Sixty-three pounds? That is more than a commercial size bag of flour for your café. And you have done this in spite of having an unexpected interruption in your quest. Keep it up. What has your doctor said about your weight loss? Have you gone down a size? :angel:

Thank you Addie! Have not looked at before compared to a 50# bag of flour, seems to put it into perspective. The Dr. is pleased about my weight loss & encourages me to stay on track. As far as going down a size, yes, for pants I was at 26-28 & am down to a 14-16. Still a ways to go but determined to get there. My next biggest hurdle is to get under 200#. A few challenges lye ahead with a large, weekend family reunion coming up in a couple of weeks then vacation the first part of August. All in good time. Thanks again for your positive encouragement!:angel::angel:

You are so right. I do not think that I would be able to entirely give up candy & bakery items, they are my weakness. It's just the simple fact to learn that all food is good, the key is moderation. I appreciate your encouraging advice!!:angel::angel:

You are so right. I do not think that I would be able to entirely give up candy & bakery items, they are my weakness. It's just the simple fact to learn that all food is good, the key is moderation. I appreciate your encouraging advice!!:angel::angel:
Don't give up the candy and bakery items. Just start only eating the highest quality, tastiest candy and bakery items. Cultivate a taste for the "good stuff". Then the cheaper stuff will be less tempting and that's the stuff that is far more easily found. ;)

Baked goods are my weakness too! I've made about 8 vanilla cake recipes in the last couple of months to develop a perfect one for our wedding cake! I really love cake and I'm glad that I haven't gained any weight!

Don't give up the candy and bakery items. Just start only eating the highest quality, tastiest candy and bakery items. Cultivate a taste for the "good stuff". Then the cheaper stuff will be less tempting and that's the stuff that is far more easily found. ;)

I like how you think!!;):angel:

I like how you think!!;):angel:
I learned that quite by accident. I lived in Denmark before I came to Canada. Denmark has a lot of bakeries and they all make fabulous pastries. People just couldn't understand my "self control". No, I don't want your crappy cake mix cake with sickly sweet icing. I'm used to much better. :LOL:Ma

"Unfortunately", Montreal now produces a lot of really good pastries. Makes it much harder to say no.

Back
Top Bottom