Who's Trying to Lose Weight?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
SB, I have said it before and I will keep saying it because it is so true for me and I know others here too. You are an inspiration.

People don't just inspire others through their success. In fact, for me that is almost the opposite of the truth. I admire those who succeed through their challenges and mistakes. You are doing so well but are also not afraid to admit those hurdles. As others have said, you have to let yourself "cheat", but then move on.

You are ALL inspirations to me. I have been reading more than writing here the last while and you are all helping me get ready to pick myself and try this all again. Thank you! :flowers:

You are so right. I do not think that I would be able to entirely give up candy & bakery items, they are my weakness. It's just the simple fact to learn that all food is good, the key is moderation. I appreciate your encouraging advice!!:angel::angel:

Once I became diabetic, I was horrified. What? No sugar? Give up BBQ sauce? Give up all those little things that came with sugar? After a year or two, I got so used to going without all those sugary enhanced foods, that when I did indulge in a favorite like a Mounds Bar or Peppermint Patty, it was so sweet more often than not, I had to spit out that first bite. Now other than sugar in my coffee, I simply cannot tolerate anything sweet. If I have a doughnut, it is a plain cake doughnut and even then only eat half. Last week I made an apple pie for Spike. I took such a thin sliver for a slice, it weighed less than an ounce. Maybe three apple slices? I only ate one slice of apple.

The longer you go between sweets, the more you are going to find them less desirable. You will develop a sensitivity to the sweetness of the sugar. Hang in there. You are going to make it. :angel:

The longer you go between sweets, the more you are going to find them less desirable. You will develop a sensitivity to the sweetness of the sugar. Hang in there. You are going to make it. :angel:

I totally agree, Addie. When I was told last fall I had a candida allergy and one of the biggest things I had to delete from my diet (for life) was sugar, I was horrified. I stayed off everything, including all fruit and other natural sugars for 4 months. Now, a piece of chocolate, any cake, even my beloved pure maple syrup are so sweet I have no interest. Happily I can have my fruit back, as long as it is not processed with sugar (jam, etc.).

I guess the only thing that frustrates me is even though I have cut all this out I still am not losing weight. But I know I have to get more active in a way that doesn't affect my chronic pain issues. Baby steps! :)

I'm so glad that you are getting encouragement and inspiration to get back on track LP. It really is a matter of taking baby steps, but it is worth it. I did some measurements of my body this morning, and it is amazing the inches that are gone! I really hope you can find a way to exercise that works without causing too much pain. Hang in there. I'm here for you. :)

Thanks, chopper.

The other day I was getting my new cookware and we saw the Nutri-bullet. I have seen it on TV and was skeptical, but did some research and decided it was better than the Ninja or Vitamix.

We decided to purchase it. That was on Saturday and from Sunday on we have been having one of their "Nutriblast" smoothies every morning for breakfast. It contains half leafy greens, half fresh fruit and 1/8 to 1/4 cup "boosters" which can be nuts, seeds, etc.). It has a booklet with recipes and the values of each ingredient. They have a whole (almost) raw menu plan with recipes, but we are right now just sticking to breakfast.

We both mentioned today that we can almost feel the toxins leaving our bodies and are more energetic. I am breathing better with my asthma and my pain levels are much lower. This is the only change we have made!

I think if I keep at this, I will be able to exercise soon.! As you say, baby steps.

Thanks, chopper.

The other day I was getting my new cookware and we saw the Nutri-bullet. I have seen it on TV and was skeptical, but did some research and decided it was better than the Ninja or Vitamix.

We decided to purchase it. That was on Saturday and from Sunday on we have been having one of their "Nutriblast" smoothies every morning for breakfast. It contains half leafy greens, half fresh fruit and 1/8 to 1/4 cup "boosters" which can be nuts, seeds, etc.). It has a booklet with recipes and the values of each ingredient. They have a whole (almost) raw menu plan with recipes, but we are right now just sticking to breakfast.

We both mentioned today that we can almost feel the toxins leaving our bodies and are more energetic. I am breathing better with my asthma and my pain levels are much lower. This is the only change we have made!

I think if I keep at this, I will be able to exercise soon.! As you say, baby steps.
:w00t: w00t!

Thanks, chopper.

I've been wondering about that...keep us posted! And, glad you're back on track...baby steps lead to big steps!

Laurie, I just had a look at that link for the Nutri-Bullet. Am I wrong that it is basically a Magic-Bullet with a new kind of blade, an "extractor blade"?

How are you liking the results of using the extractor blade? How does it compare with say, a blender?

I noticed that they sell an "upgrade kit" with the extractor blade.

I've started cutting down on my sugar intake, in a bid to lose weight. I started using stevia in my tea & coffee. Which as a result as seen me start to lose interest in sugery drinks. Next change is to cut out high sugary treats. Luckily I attempt to cook healthy low-fat when I can.

This thread has gone on for a long time. Some of the names have changed, but the story is the same. Congrats to all of your for doing so well with your weight loss. It always helps to have a group of friends to give encouragement. I am learning a lot from the pointers and advice posted here.

Keep going!!!

I am not starting my day out to well with 2 fresh wal mart donuts for breakfast. Happy Sunday!

I've started cutting down on my sugar intake, in a bid to lose weight. I started using stevia in my tea & coffee. Which as a result as seen me start to lose interest in sugery drinks. Next change is to cut out high sugary treats. Luckily I attempt to cook healthy low-fat when I can.
I cut out white sugar about a year ago. I too experienced the same thing--I no longer crave sugary beverages. I use maple syrup, rice syrup, agava syrup, or honey for sugar in recipes. Although I love to bake, I only eat a small sample of what I make and give the rest away. When I do have a sugary treat, I get the worst headache and diarrhea (TMI). My body is no longer used to sugar and it tells me that. The same is true for bread (I also cut way back on my bread and pasta consumption). I get terrible gas when I eat bread or white pasta. I now eat whole grains, no white flour or pasta. I think I cook healthy--no processed foods, no canned foods, no additives such as processed cheese, ketchup, etc. I feel a lot better and a lot of my friends have asked me my secret. I wear the same size I wore when I graduated from high school (and not just earrings, PF!). I feel great.

I cut out white sugar about a year ago. I too experienced the same thing--I no longer crave sugary beverages. I use maple syrup, rice syrup, agava syrup, or honey for sugar in recipes. Although I love to bake, I only eat a small sample of what I make and give the rest away. When I do have a sugary treat, I get the worst headache and diarrhea (TMI). My body is no longer used to sugar and it tells me that. The same is true for bread (I also cut way back on my bread and pasta consumption). I get terrible gas when I eat bread or white pasta. I now eat whole grains, no white flour or pasta. I think I cook healthy--no processed foods, no canned foods, no additives such as processed cheese, ketchup, etc. I feel a lot better and a lot of my friends have asked me my secret. I wear the same size I wore when I graduated from high school (and not just earrings, PF!). I feel great.

But I love those earrings...:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Well my doctor thinks I have celiac's disease, so it maybe that I do need to cut a hell of a lot more out, and introduce different foods, that I don't really eat.

But one thing at a time. Thankfully because of the heat, I don't want any hot drinks, and I've stopped buying can packs, and have replaced with flavoured water. Who knows maybe by the end of this British Heatwave, I'll have stopped sugar all together.

Well my doctor thinks I have celiac's disease, so it maybe that I do need to cut a hell of a lot more out, and introduce different foods, that I don't really eat.

But one thing at a time. Thankfully because of the heat, I don't want any hot drinks, and I've stopped buying can packs, and have replaced with flavoured water. Who knows maybe by the end of this British Heatwave, I'll have stopped sugar all together.
Don't start cutting out too much until the doctor has verified whether or not you have celiac. I seem to remember reading that if you start cutting out gluten and stuff, it can confuse the diagnostic tests.

Many, many moons ago some folks hunting in the jungles on the other side of the world came across a unknown tribe of head hunters. The folks offered them sugar. The head hunters thought, after tasting it, that they were being poisoned. The folks almost lost their heads until one of them started to eat the sugar. The head hunters let them keep their heads, but still refused to eat the sugar. Maybe they instinctively knew something. :angel:

Sunday is always good for your mood food day...donuts are an excellent GFYMFD. You have to or you find an excuse to do it more often.

Back
Top Bottom