Who's Trying to Lose Weight?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Thank G-d kids are very willing to help to get rid off the candies. :) I did have only one small one last night though. Change was to great to deny my self. I can forgo sugar in the tea. But could never ever resist chocolate, dark chocolate that is. Could not care less for milk chocolate.

Dark chocolate is the best one to pick, both for lower sugar content and higher antioxidants. It also has a richer taste so you can eat less and still feel satisfied. I have 1 ounce of dark chocolate a day, usually 60% cacao and above.

Have to admit drinking doesn't help. My oldest came into town, which doesn't happen note then once a year, so we had a very nice get together with the whole family. My parents came over. I usually do not drink, but it was just so nice, by that I meant my father behaved a and did not argue with anybody. I just had to have a couple of shots well maybe more, who counts after 10 or so... Will restart tomorrow.

If a messy kitchen is a happy kitchen, then this kitchen is delirious.

I like that, PF! In fact, right now, my whole house is delirious!

Thank G-d kids are very willing to help to get rid off the candies. :) I did have only one small one last night though. Change was to great to deny my self. I can forgo sugar in the tea. But could never ever resist chocolate, dark chocolate that is. Could not care less for milk chocolate.

Normally I wouldn't care less if chocolate vanished off the face of the earth. Don't like it much. Possibly a result of my age. I was born in 1949 and in the aftermath of WWII sweet rationing lasted until 1954 - it was considered more important to import raw materials to rebuild industry and pay off the wartime debt than to import sugar for sweets and chocolate.

But I digress. Because I didn't have a limitless supply of chocolate as a small child I suppose I never got a taste for it. However, If I am not eating properly I can get really serious chocolate cravings. (I've been told that this may be because choc contains iron - don't know if this is true) To combat the cravings I take a one-a-day multi-vitamin and mineral supplement which seems to stop any cravings for chocolate.

I just pass this on in case it helps anyone else.

I ate very little candy of any kind as a child. It was only for special occasions. I did not find this a hardship, since I had no cavities and the kids who ate candies did. One friend, who ate a lot of candy, had 12 cavities by the age of 10. I ate a lot of fruit.

But, as an adult, I adore good chocolate.

Did not get to exercise today, I did get in the pool for 90 mn yesterday. Had to run errands after work then school conferences for the daughter (14). All is well, all "A's".
I did stay in my calorie range today. : )

Strangely there were not always food to buy in Soviet Union. But there were always dark chocolate in the stores. Sometimes a piece of chocolate and a glass of milk were all we had to eat. One would think I'd have an aversion to those two products, but I love both. Can drink milk with a good candy bar on any given time.

When I was an exchange student in Germany, we went to East Berlin. We had to spend a certain amount of East German Marks. We bought chocolate from the Soviet Union. It wasn't very good chocolate, as I recall.

Onto the weight loss issue. Since having changed when I eat my big meal (breakfast) and how I eat (June 2012), I have now officially "shrunk" three sizes. My size 10 pants are too big, and the size 8s are comfortable. I hope to plateau at some point. I can't afford new clothes. I don't have any size 6s in the closet.

When I was an exchange student in Germany, we went to East Berlin. We had to spend a certain amount of East German Marks. We bought chocolate from the Soviet Union. It wasn't very good chocolate, as I recall.

Onto the weight loss issue. Since having changed when I eat my big meal (breakfast) and how I eat (June 2012), I have now officially "shrunk" three sizes. My size 10 pants are too big, and the size 8s are comfortable. I hope to plateau at some point. I can't afford new clothes. I don't have any size 6s in the closet.

I'm excited because I am shrinking into the clothes I have. I have now dumped 20 lbs.:w00t2: However, I am now at the weight I was when I had my heart attack. 20 more, tough ones, to go! I may not HAVE to buy new clothes for my trip in November.

I'm excited because I am shrinking into the clothes I have. I have now dumped 20 lbs.:w00t2: However, I am now at the weight I was when I had my heart attack. 20 more, tough ones, to go! I may not HAVE to buy new clothes for my trip in November.

Wow, you are now 2 daschunds, or one beagle minus 3 lbs, or 4 Patrons lighter! Way to go, PF!! (No heart attack).

Oops, my bad. That's a lot of Patrons! I just estimated.

Last edited:
Oops, my bad. That's a lot of Patrons!

He gets excited to see me, because he knows where all the treats are hidden...:rolleyes: When he's really clingy I put him in my shirt and he snuggles down to sleep.

I have so much more energy lately, I think I've finally hit the magic button for my weight loss.:)

I am holding at 139-141. I need to get on the ball and try to lose 20 more pounds. And I have nothing in my closet or drawers that will fit if I do lose it. I will have to rethink all of this. Or hit the lottery! :angel:

He gets excited to see me, because he knows where all the treats are hidden...:rolleyes: When he's really clingy I put him in my shirt and he snuggles down to sleep.

I have so much more energy lately, I think I've finally hit the magic button for my weight loss.:)

Don't weigh yourself with Patron in your shirt. Of course, you know this!

20 lbs is huge! Congarats, PF!

I am holding at 139-141. I need to get on the ball and try to lose 20 more pounds. And I have nothing in my closet or drawers that will fit if I do lose it. I will have to rethink all of this. Or hit the lottery! :angel:

So Addie, you need to lose the equivalent of 4 Teddies at 5 lb each?

Back
Top Bottom