Who's Trying to Lose Weight?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I hope it's off, but I try to always weigh myself the same day, the same time on the same scale. I started back on my diaretic medications. Hope that will help some of the excess water weight off. Thanks for the positive thoughts!:):angel:
I'll bet a lot of it is just water weight. Were you eating salty food, too?

I'll bet a lot of it is just water weight. Were you eating salty food, too?
Yes, a lot of everything.:pig: I need to get out of this slump. Glad the holidays are done. Plan to leave the chocolate alone on Valentines day. All holidays seem to have challenges when candy & bakery is involved.:pig:

Thursday was 3 weeks without munching on sweets, this coming thursday will be a full month.

The only "sweet" stuff that I've consumed was a little vanilla creamer in my am coffee and a regular size spoon full of good honey in my plain greek yogurt, that takes the edge off the tartness of the greek yogurt, I like the tartness, but for me a bit of honey and some walnuts makes it perfect!

After thursday, I'll probably treat myself. My goal is to enjoy sweets but not mindlessly eat them, use them as a treat and a "sometimes food".

Thursday was 3 weeks without munching on sweets, this coming Thursday will be a full month.

The only "sweet" stuff that I've consumed was a little vanilla creamer in my am coffee and a regular size spoon full of good honey in my plain Greek yogurt, that takes the edge off the tartness of the Greek yogurt, I like the tartness, but for me a bit of honey and some walnuts makes it perfect!

After Thursday, I'll probably treat myself. My goal is to enjoy sweets but not mindlessly eat them, use them as a treat and a "sometimes food".

Congratulation of making it this far. Set up a schedule for treating yourself. Totaling denying yourself is punishment. You now know you can control the sweets. So once a week, during your work week, allow yourself to have a treat. Even if it is on your break at work. There you are busy and can't be munching and stuffing your face mindlessly. The benefit of all this effort is that after several months you are going to find sweets too sweet and your craving will become less and less. Just imagine when there is a plate piled high with warm fresh cinnamon rolls and you look at them with disgust. "No thank you" will be your mantra.

BC, I do all the baking for the whole family. Cookies, cakes, pies, etc. I never stick my finger to taste. The beater goes unlicked, there is not one to clean out the bowl. No little or big kids to fight over who gets a spoonful of frosting or batter. And when the product is ready for delivery, there is not missing slice of the chocolate cake or pie. All the cookies are going out the door. You can do it. I know.

Hang in there. You are doing great. :angel:

Thursday was 3 weeks without munching on sweets, this coming thursday will be a full month.

The only "sweet" stuff that I've consumed was a little vanilla creamer in my am coffee and a regular size spoon full of good honey in my plain greek yogurt, that takes the edge off the tartness of the greek yogurt, I like the tartness, but for me a bit of honey and some walnuts makes it perfect!

After thursday, I'll probably treat myself. My goal is to enjoy sweets but not mindlessly eat them, use them as a treat and a "sometimes food".

Hang in there kid you are doing great, I just don't know how you do it!

This is what it would be like if I had your job! :ermm::ohmy::LOL:

Norman Rockwell's Baker Reading Diet Book | ARTIST | Norman Rockwell

Hey SB, where are you? You haven't been posting very much. How is the battle of losing weight going? Check in! :angel:

No, no! You have been doing really good. Find a couple of those little Hershey miniatures in dark chocolate. That is all you are allowed for now!. :angel:

I have a bunch of truffles and other chocolate in the pantry, just taunting me, that and peppermint Joe Joes from Trader Joes! Ain't gonna do it!

I have a bunch of truffles and other chocolate in the pantry, just taunting me, that and peppermint Joe Joes from Trader Joes! Ain't gonna do it!

Has it ever occurred to you to give them to someone who doesn't live in your home? Out of sight, out of mind? To keep them is not a challenge, it is setting yourself up for failure. :angel:

Has it ever occurred to you to give them to someone who doesn't live in your home? Out of sight, out of mind? To keep them is not a challenge, it is setting yourself up for failure. :angel:

That's how it works in my house!

If I clear away all of the goodies I do just fine because I'm too lazy to go out and get a treat when I have a craving. If I have treats in the house and I have a craving I end up ripping the cupboard doors off trying to get to it!

Was Jekyll the fat one or was that Hyde, hmmm! :ermm::ohmy::LOL:

I look at it just the opposite. So far for over 3 weeks I've been SUCCESSFUL avoiding sweets that are in my house. I'll never be able to avoid sweets all together, I need to learn to live with them. I work all day with sweets, there are often "spare" cookies and cake around.

I want to be clear, I'm not giving up sweets for the long term, just learning to have a different relationship with them!

Last edited:
I look at it just the opposite. So far for over 3 weeks I've been SUCCESSFUL avoiding sweets that are in my house. I'll never be able to avoid sweets all together, I need to learn to live with them. I work all day with sweets, there are often "spare" cookies and cake around.

I want to be clear, I'm not giving up sweets for the long term, just learning to have a different relationship with them!

I find this a healthier (mentally) way to manage this. I too have dark chocolate in the house, it's there if I want it. I'm really good at not wanting it. When it is all out of the house is when I get the incredible cravings for it and MUST HAVE it. I eat (and buy) more then and it's hard to get back under control.

I find this a healthier (mentally) way to manage this. I too have dark chocolate in the house, it's there if I want it. I'm really good at not wanting it. When it is all out of the house is when I get the incredible cravings for it and MUST HAVE it. I eat (and buy) more then and it's hard to get back under control.

I agree, when I have none in the house is when I seem to have the most intense cravings. We seem to want things that we don't have.

I am still working hard on the 5 pounds I gained over Christmas week. It wouldn't take much to gain all of the weight back. I just like all of the wrong foods way to much!

Back
Top Bottom