Who's Trying to Lose Weight?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I started tracking my food again, helps to stay accountable on calorie intake.

Way to go! You inspire!

I am losing thanks to the no fat diet I am on. I cheated tonight with a piece of veggie pizza that had almost no low-fat cheese on it and the pains started up again. So I know I have no choice but to stay on it until the surgery in just over a week. The doctor wanted me to lose weight and so far I have lost 8 pounds since it started before Christmas.

I am going to the pool 3 x a week doing my 500 meters walking to try and be in a little better shape as it will be a little while before I can get there again after. I will probably be able to walk on the treadmill, but not the pool.

Good for you, Laurie!!!

I've been going to Rehab for an hour three times a week. Using the weights and the stationary bikes. I'm a lot more focused there and there is support if I want to try something new. Besides, they know me.

One month, 4 weeks without sweets! Now to cut myself some slack and enjoy an occasional treat!

I've accomplished the goal of stabilizing my blood sugar. While not diabetic I have been suffering from low blood sugar issues since I was a teenager, the one way to mess things up is to start consuming excess sugar. For the last week I'm eating because I'm hungry not because my blood sugar has dropped! Is almost weird to feel hungry, since my blood sugar usually dictates when I eat.

Sent from my IdeaTabA2109A using Discuss Cooking mobile app

One month, 4 weeks without sweets! Now to cut myself some slack and enjoy an occasional treat!

I've accomplished the goal of stabilizing my blood sugar. While not diabetic I have been suffering from low blood sugar issues since I was a teenager, the one way to mess things up is to start consuming excess sugar. For the last week I'm eating because I'm hungry not because my blood sugar has dropped! Is almost weird to feel hungry, since my blood sugar usually dictates when I eat.

w00t!

I started tracking my food again, helps to stay accountable on calorie intake.

Glad to hear it. You seem to be able to stay on track when you were doing it every day. Just remember you need a protein in your breakfast and a midmorning snack of protein also.

I am still watching you! :angel:

Way to go!!!! That is great!!! I have cut out sugar since June 2012, however, I do allow myself an occasional treat--and pay for it the next day with a bitching headache. I didn't have a blood sugar issue but do suffer from chronic depression--cutting out sugar and pasta/bread/white has made a huge difference. Not that I don't still have problems November and December, but the depression is a lot better than it has been.

Glad to hear it. You seem to be able to stay on track when you were doing it every day. Just remember you need a protein in your breakfast and a midmorning snack of protein also.

I am still watching you! :angel:
;):) Glad to hear!! :angel::angel: I need to get that protein back into my eating plan again. I got in the gym today. 35 mn on the bike & 2 different programs on the elliptical, both at 35 mn each. Burst of energy tonight, maybe trying to make up for lost time...:pig:

Since Christmas I've lost 7 pounds! I'm pretty excited about that!

Since Christmas I've lost 7 pounds! I'm pretty excited about that!

Great!!! We are excited for you too! And you can blame that on the fact that you gave up those sweets. So well worth the effort. :angel:

:flowers::w00t::w00t2::bounce::clap::flowers:

I had to go out today to give a talk at my church and most of my decent clothes were in the wash. I wanted to wear a specific top so I needed some plain black pants. I found a pair of stretch black jeans that I got when I was working out at the Y two years ago. I haven't gotten in them since.

With the no fat diet I am on for my gallbladder, I thought there might be a chance I could fit in them....and I did! And I got as many compliments for my look as I did for my talk!

Maybe by the time I get to surgery (a week this Tuesday), the doctor will look at me and say "I could have sworn you were overweight when I saw you"! :cool:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom