Who's Trying to Lose Weight?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
My throat was really bad today. I kept drinking hot liquids (lemon and honey, peppermint tea, etc) and eating soup, but it didn't get better. My cough seemed worse as well. Thanks for asking, Taxy.

My throat was really bad today. I kept drinking hot liquids (lemon and honey, peppermint tea, etc) and eating soup, but it didn't get better. My cough seemed worse as well. Thanks for asking, Taxy.

Have your doctor check you out. You don't want to messing with Strep throat with your surgery coming up. :angel:

After a very busy day at work I talked myself into getting in the gym. Not so bad once in there. Feeling much better now. Still working on getting off my Christmas weight.

After a very busy day at work I talked myself into getting in the gym. Not so bad once in there. Feeling much better now. Still working on getting off my Christmas weight.

Now that you are back on the right track, it will be gone before you know it. Keep up to great effort. :angel:

Have your doctor check you out. You don't want to messing with Strep throat with your surgery coming up. :angel:

Thanks, Addie. It was much better today. Barely sore and my cough is better too. I have slept a lot in the last two days so I think that has helped. If I still have any symptoms tomorrow at all, I will have it checked for sure.

Now that you are back on the right track, it will be gone before you know it. Keep up to great effort. :angel:

I agree with Addie. SB, you are doing awesome and once again are a great inspiration to me.

I had to go out today to give a talk at my church and most of my decent clothes were in the wash. I wanted to wear a specific top so I needed some plain black pants. I found a pair of stretch black jeans that I got when I was working out at the Y two years ago. I haven't gotten in them since.

With the no fat diet I am on for my gallbladder, I thought there might be a chance I could fit in them....and I did! And I got as many compliments for my look as I did for my talk!

Maybe by the time I get to surgery (a week this Tuesday), the doctor will look at me and say "I could have sworn you were overweight when I saw you"! :cool:
Cool! Don't you love that? I had a friend tell me that I have skinny feet the other day. I have never thought of my feet as skinny. And, I'm loving the size 8 skinny black jeans I picked up at the Goodwill for $4 the other day--with the purple Dansko shoes PF sent me, I feel like a million bucks when I'm in those jeans and wearing those shoes.

Glad the surgery went well and you're feeling better.

Cool! Don't you love that? I had a friend tell me that I have skinny feet the other day. I have never thought of my feet as skinny. And, I'm loving the size 8 skinny black jeans I picked up at the Goodwill for $4 the other day--with the purple Dansko shoes PF sent me, I feel like a million bucks when I'm in those jeans and wearing those shoes.

Purple shoes make the woman!

Haven't worn a size 8 since 7th grade.......

I am having very good success by cutting out the sugar, junk food, soda, and doing more exercise.
I now enjoy a kale,apple,banana,carrot, smoothie every day for lunch, Eat oatmeal for breakfast. Smaller portions at dinner time, mostly have chicken, fish, kale, beans, salad. After a while it becomes habit and easy.

I am having very good success by cutting out the sugar, junk food, soda, and doing more exercise.
I now enjoy a kale,apple,banana,carrot, smoothie every day for lunch, Eat oatmeal for breakfast. Smaller portions at dinner time, mostly have chicken, fish, kale, beans, salad. After a while it becomes habit and easy.
+1 That is what I have found works for me. If I don't have junk food in the house, I don't eat it.

That would work for me. Unfortunately, I don't follow through all of the time....To motivate me to stay with it, I tossed my larger-sized clothing. SO.....I'm hoping comfort will kick me into gear.

My problem is, if I don't have junk food in the house, I buy it...

That too.....

I recently started cooking for my guy friends at work since we are all trying to lose weight. being behind a desk all day and then going to Pizza Hut, Mcdonalds, or other fast food wasnt helping them and that devil of a snack machine kept calling my name. I'm totally into this idea though and you can count me in.

Ive found that the hardest thing to break is my italian way of thinking. Its not ok to eat half a loaf of bread, yes cheese is good but a whole wheel of cheese isnt, and proscuitto is something to be eating casually, not to be eaten all the time. LOL. Grandma planted the seeds a loooong time ago.

Same problem here, being from an Italian family, bread is the killer, even worse since I learned how to make my own Italian bread.

Same problem here, being from an Italian family, bread is the killer, even worse since I learned how to make my own Italian bread.

For Italian Nonni's food is love. That's why she always turned her back when you dipped that piece of bread into the pan of Sunday gravy. And you don't have to be from an Italian family. :pig: Just living in the neighborhood can be a killer. :angel:

For Italian Nonni's food is love. That's why she always turned her back when you dipped that piece of bread into the pan of Sunday gravy. And you don't have to be from an Italian family. :pig: Just living in the neighborhood can be a killer. :angel:

All of us Italian's called it gravy, all others call it sauce.:LOL:

I went & bought a snorkel for the pool, I love it, don't have to worry about taking a breath above water. I went swimming today & swam for 1 hour & 40 mn. Feeling woen out, but really good.

I went & bought a snorkel for the pool, I love it, don't have to worry about taking a breath above water. I went swimming today & swam for 1 hour & 40 mn. Feeling woen out, but really good.

Doing an exercise that you enjoy, is not even an exercise. It is fun. :angel:

Back
Top Bottom