Who's Trying to Lose Weight?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I'm going through a spat of wanting to eat everything. Not sure what I am searching for, but....

I do know I am having a problem with anemia right now, but I have an iron supplement and have been eating iron rich foods. Maybe my new lipid medications are working to well and I am searching for fat...

I'm going through a spat of wanting to eat everything. Not sure what I am searching for, but....

I do know I am having a problem with anemia right now, but I have an iron supplement and have been eating iron rich foods. Maybe my new lipid medications are working to well and I am searching for fat...
I think we are sort of at the same place. I had new blood work done and I am still anaemic. I am taking an iron supplement, eating as many iron rich foods as I can, and craving everything I shouldn't have like ice cream, bacon, etc. I am really hoping my sciatica will let up and I can go to the pool in the morning.

Reeses Peanut Butter Eggs...

I'm not dieting per se, but back around Thanksgiving as I was getting ready to head back to OH to spend Christmas with our kids, I decided that if we were going to move back to OH eventualy I also had to move back to my OH weight. When we moved to MA I started up with depression eating...and gained 40 pounds. :(

All I've done since the beginning of December is eat less of everything, along with swapping out some better foods for a few items I had been eating. I've hardly noticed the difference in my eating, but I have noticed the scale creeping down the numbers. :) Tried a bunch of old clothes on last week so that I can finally make the trip to Salvation Army and was able to add a few "new" clothes back to my rotation! Only ten pounds gone in those 3 1/2 months, but I've noticed more energy and less joint pain. It's amazing what a small change can do. Baby steps, but at least I'm trying.

I feel like I have been low on iron myself lately. I bought some iron supplements at the store & it has helped some w my energy levels. You mentioned you were eating iron rich foods. What kinds of foods? I know beef 7 egg yolks are high in iron but I cannot tolerate either very well. I have been trying to eat more spinach, fresh broccoli & beans. I would be very interested to hear any other options.:)

That's a good sign. That really sounds like you are losing fat and gaining muscle. The same weight of muscle doesn't have as much volume as fat.
Thank you very much for the support, I very much appreciate it! :angel::angel:

I spendt another 2 hours in the gym today. I have been exercising 5-6 days a week four the past 2.5 weeks. I feel like my eating hasn't been real bad. I have lost NO weight! It's getting frustrating!!!

Be patient. Your body is adjusting to your weight loss. Look at how far you have come and remember, it took you years to put it on, and it is not going to come off overnight. You have hit a plateau. You have been here before. You don't have much further to go. And the exercising won't do you any harm. You are toning up. :angel:

I feel like I have been low on iron myself lately. I bought some iron supplements at the store & it has helped some w my energy levels. You mentioned you were eating iron rich foods. What kinds of foods? I know beef 7 egg yolks are high in iron but I cannot tolerate either very well. I have been trying to eat more spinach, fresh broccoli & beans. I would be very interested to hear any other options.:)

Sounds like you have a handle on it, I can only add hot cereals like Cream of Wheat and any Fortified cereals, but try to stay away from the sugary ones. I know, kid in the house.

Also, the body absorbs iron from greens better when they have been cooked; steaming or sautéing in a small amount of oil are the best ways to retain iron. And eating something with Vitamin C increases iron absorption. It's a good idea to take a Vitamin C supplement with your iron supplement. Or eat an orange :)

The PA who works for my GI doctor said we only absorb 4% of the iron in supplements, which is why I get infusions.

This site has great information on iron and other nutrients: iron

I know about that site and get almost all of those fruits and veggies in my diet, the only thing I have reduced is the amount of red meat I eat. I have never been anemic in my whole life until just recently. Apparently I was about three drops of blood short of them starting a transfusion after my surgery.

I have been told that cooking in cast iron pots and pans helps people with iron deficiency.

It may just be an old wives tale, but some of those old wives were pretty darn smart. :ermm::ohmy::LOL:

I have been anemic all my life. I have a terrible time trying to get enough iron into my system. The only thing that has raised my iron level this past year are the beets I have been eating. My last blood work showed a major increase in my iron levels. But still not enough to say I am no longer anemic. :angel:

Thanks so much for the support everyone! Interesting facts about iron I did not know. I will get some Vitamin C & add that to my morning vitamins. I love oranges but I'm not much of a beet eater, they taste like dirt to me, I have tried several different types. I have heard that about cast iron pans, we have some, I'll have to start using them again.

Water aerobics class tonight, I had some nice compliments from some classmates. : )
Still working on trying to get that scale under the 200# mark. 15 pounds can't come off soon enough!

You are all just great! Thank you very much!!

Glad you are feeling better about things SB. You are doing great!

I didn't make it to the pool again today. :( TB got sick with the flu and called in to work. Eleven drivers booked off today so he had to get a doctor's note. I drove them to the clinic and then picked up prescriptions and went to Costco. I am not complaining - he can't help getting sick, but I really need to get back into routine.

I am still hovering at 210 pounds. I eat less, but I am also not as active as I have been so I really do need to get back to the pool.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom