Who's Trying to Lose Weight?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
well i gained a couple of pounds (4). Unfortunately I can't go on a real heavy diet because of other medical issues. I was bringing progresso soups to work and leftovers thinking i was ok, but NOPE. gotta go back to the eggs for lunch diet. I eat a normal dinner. And i don't eat breakfast. I've tried but it just makes me sleepy and i gain more weight so no...in total i'd like to lose 14 lbs. I walk (usually) every day (thanks rain, no walking this week) (and thanks back for hurting as well). today i brought some honey bunches of oats to work in a sandwich bag and when i felt hungry ate some of it and drank some water....it's almost 4:30 and i'm fine...almost dinner time.

well i gained a couple of pounds (4). Unfortunately I can't go on a real heavy diet because of other medical issues. I was bringing progresso soups to work and leftovers thinking i was ok, but NOPE. gotta go back to the eggs for lunch diet. I eat a normal dinner. And i don't eat breakfast. I've tried but it just makes me sleepy and i gain more weight so no...in total i'd like to lose 14 lbs. I walk (usually) every day (thanks rain, no walking this week) (and thanks back for hurting as well). today i brought some honey bunches of oats to work in a sandwich bag and when i felt hungry ate some of it and drank some water....it's almost 4:30 and i'm fine...almost dinner time.

Maybe try something light for breakfast. To keep your metabolism up, health care trainers say to eat light every 3-4 hours: Low-cal granola, banana, granola bar, etc. I am certainly no expert but I once lost 115 lbs. Unfortunately I have gained most of it back. Now I'm back on the "lifestyle change". I know what I've done wrong. It's always been easier for me to lose weight than it is to keep it off.

Maybe try something light for breakfast. To keep your metabolism up, health care trainers say to eat light every 3-4 hours: Low-cal granola, banana, granola bar, etc. I am certainly no expert but I once lost 115 lbs. Unfortunately I have gained most of it back. Now I'm back on the "lifestyle change". I know what I've done wrong. It's always been easier for me to lose weight than it is to keep it off.

I haven't eaten breakfast since i was maybe 9. I'm 34. I just don't get hungry at all before 10:30. I'm awake and working and fine. I noticed today by 2ish that i was only snacking on my cereal. I know i need more protein during the day...I think adding a hardboiled egg may do it. I've really honestly tried to eat breakfast and wound up hungrier throughout the day. I gave up on it after a week.
In order for me to lose weight i have to walk more/exercise and eat less. no more yummy progresso soups filled with salt for me. :(

I haven't eaten breakfast since i was maybe 9. I'm 34. I just don't get hungry at all before 10:30. I'm awake and working and fine. I noticed today by 2ish that i was only snacking on my cereal. I know i need more protein during the day...I think adding a hardboiled egg may do it. I've really honestly tried to eat breakfast and wound up hungrier throughout the day. I gave up on it after a week.
In order for me to lose weight i have to walk more/exercise and eat less. no more yummy progresso soups filled with salt for me. :(

If you aren't hungry, don't eat.

But, you might want to try a glass of milk or unsweetened juice and see if that makes you hungry. At least if you have a glass of milk you will get some protein and a bit of sugar (lactose).

I don't like usually eat breakfast until I have been awake for several hours.

It took me a while to get my body used to breakfast. I too would seem to get more hungry because I ate breakfast. I knew that if I was going to get my metabolism in gear and get healthy, I had to get on a better eating regimen.

You have to train yourself to eat breakfast. I had the same problem, don't like the sight of food first thing in the morning. But now, once I got used to it, I eat before the busy, active part of my day and not chowing down at night when I'm getting ready for sleep. I also eat every three to four hours during the day and stop eating 3 hours before I go to bed.

Most of my "eating" is, yogurt, fruit or a couple of whole grain crackers with hummus.

You have to train yourself to eat breakfast. I had the same problem, don't like the sight of food first thing in the morning. But now, once I got used to it, I eat before the busy, active part of my day and not chowing down at night when I'm getting ready for sleep. I also eat every three to four hours during the day and stop eating 3 hours before I go to bed.

Most of my "eating" is, yogurt, fruit or a couple of whole grain crackers with hummus.

Gee, you sound just like me! :) Although, I've learn, "No white at night." meaning - No flour, No sugar, No dairy products after 6:00 p.m.

I have been trying to loose weight. I count calories and carbs. Try to keep around 1500-1800 cal and under 100 carbs. I lost about 20lbs in a 5 weeks. I also do a little exercise mainly table tennis on the wii.

Nutritionists claim that people who skip breakfast are more inclined to struggle with their weight. I don't know--I don't usually eat breakfast--I am the same size I was 10 years ago. I don't have a scale, just jeans I keep wearing and have for years <g>. I eat protein around 9-10 a.m. when I'm HUNGRY. Sometimes it is a steak (that's what I had yesterday for breakfast) but often it is 2 hardboiled eggs or yogurt with nuts mixed in. I can't eat until I'm hungry in the morning and don't EVEN suggest peanut butter before noon. That makes me gag (even though the PB is just peanuts). Funny I can eat nuts (usually about 10-12 almonds or walnut halves) with my yogurt, but I can't eat PB.

Gee, you sound just like me! :) Although, I've learn, "No white at night." meaning - No flour, No sugar, No dairy products after 6:00 p.m.

I find I am eating basically a diabetic diet, I am much better at it than Shrek and he is a diabetic.

Nutritionists claim that people who skip breakfast are more inclined to struggle with their weight. I don't know--I don't usually eat breakfast--I am the same size I was 10 years ago. I don't have a scale, just jeans I keep wearing and have for years <g>. I eat protein around 9-10 a.m. when I'm HUNGRY. Sometimes it is a steak (that's what I had yesterday for breakfast) but often it is 2 hardboiled eggs or yogurt with nuts mixed in. I can't eat until I'm hungry in the morning and don't EVEN suggest peanut butter before noon. That makes me gag (even though the PB is just peanuts). Funny I can eat nuts (usually about 10-12 almonds or walnut halves) with my yogurt, but I can't eat PB.

There are a lot of doctors who agree that you shouldn't eat until you are hungry, even if it means skipping breakfast.

i won't force myself to eat. I won't starve myself either. i eat when i'm hungry...In total i'd like to lose 15 lbs. I've never been that weight unless you count preteen years. It would be nice...

i won't force myself to eat. I won't starve myself either. i eat when i'm hungry...In total i'd like to lose 15 lbs. I've never been that weight unless you count preteen years. It would be nice...
As we get older our metabolism's slow down. It takes a well balanced diet to maintain or lose weight. I,m no expert the experts say eat every 4 hours.

Yesterday, I invited some freinds for dinner. I was very happy because everyone had noticed that I lost some weight. I only lost 11 Ibs and trying for more 20 or 25 Ibs but that is a good start. Four years ago I was 40 Ibs less from what I am now. This was because I was breastfeeding and going to the gym 3 times every week. I returned to my weight when I was in high school. But everyone at that time including my husband and my parents told me this was too much and I have to gain 20 or 25 Ibs to look healthy. Unfortunately they convined me and I gained not only 25 Ibs but reached 40 Ibs in 4 years. Now I think they were jelous from me. So I intend on going back but ofcoarse this time is harder because I don't have time to go to the gym and I am not breastfeeding anymore, but I'LL BE BACK.

As we get older our metabolism's slow down. It takes a well balanced diet to maintain or lose weight. I,m no expert the experts say eat every 4 hours.

It's true your metabolism slows down as you get older. But just because experts say to eat every 4 hours doesn't mean that rule is for everyone. Eat when you're hungry, don't overeat and try water first. Walk before you decide to eat and remember portion control is key. My problem is that I discovered baking...which is awful. My cheesecakes and lava cakes and yummy treats caught up with me and meds also didn't help...
Each person, body is different. The key is movement and eating well and to NOT over eat.

I am confused, why are you folks cooking different foods for yourselves and your families? I prepare a healthy meal for everyone when I diet! We have been extremely surprised will the delicious and nutricious (groan) recipes I've found and created.

I am confused, why are you folks cooking different foods for yourselves and your families? I prepare a healthy meal for everyone when I diet! We have been extremely surprised will the delicious and nutricious (groan) recipes I've found and created.
I think some people on here have special diets because of health issues. I've done it before, it's not that bad.

I would like to lose some weight too. But it's so hard nowadays, everytime I think I'm doing good I turn around and fail the next day! I'm a Type 1 Diabetic though and I weigh 180 lbs at 5"6 (doctors say for my height I should weigh about 130) - I'm 23 years old, and I haven't been there since like 9th grade. I've looked for interesting weight loss recipes, but I've yet to find any of those... So If you've got Healthy Recipes, I'd like to hear your suggestions! Maybe with others with me, I'll find the courage and drive to lose a few pounds.

I cook for my health, which would also be perfect for my husband. But he won't eat correctly, he may eat what I fix, but then he "supplements" with all the wrong things.

Back
Top Bottom