Would you eat this meal replacement?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
And it's really hard to go without eating for very many days and stay alive...
Now you tell me this.
For the record: black raspberry wine coolers every day and 1 meal every 3 days makes one look like a skin covered skeleton. It also messes with your hunger sensors.

It took 15 years to put the weight back on from that stupid idea.

....plus the fact that you're diabetic and common sense says you should eat a few times a day whether or not you feel hunger pangs? :rolleyes:

I am always mindful of that. It is what determines what I will eat. Fortunately I have reached the point that I am no longer on the pills and control it strictly by diet. So I have to keep it in mind always. If I ever go back to where I was when I was first diagnosed, I will have to go on the needle. I am able to keep my A1c around the low 6's. 6.4 is my average number. I would be happy if I could get it down to the upper 5's. 5.7, 5.9 would make me very happy. Fortunately I am not a sweet eater. Never have been. So that makes it much easier to use my common sense when I choose what to eat. And it makes it so much easier to refuse something that is offered to me. "No thank you. I am diabetic." That ends it right there.

Unless I get the "....but my uncle is diabetic and he eats cakes, cookies, etc. whatever."

"I am not your uncle.!" :angel:

And it's really hard to go without eating for very many days and stay alive...

So true. I am also very mindful to keep myself dehydrated. After a couple of trips to the hospital in an ambulance, and the condition of my skin, I now keep water next to my computer and at my bedside. Along with my endless coffee cup. :angel:

I'd try it.

Wouldn't go out of my way to find it but if offered sure.

If I liked it I'd eat it again.

But I wouldn't give up other food because of it.

All things in moderation. Even wonder food.

Sure it might have all the nutrients I require but consuming nothing but that can't be good for you.

Variety is the spice of life and I'm a spicy lover. ;)

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom