"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > General Cooking Information > Health, Nutrition and Special Diets

Old 03-28-2010, 02:53 PM   #11
Executive Chef

no, and I'm loosing--eat food, mostly plants, not too much; + exercise. It works.

Old 03-28-2010, 07:16 PM   #12
Master Chef

I'd like to lose 10 lbs. I'm working on it, a little at a time. I've quit smoking and started taking insulin...two things that usually put on weight...but I've also quit drinking and have to watch my diet, so I'm not doing too badly.

Old 03-28-2010, 07:17 PM   #13
Senior Cook

I'm not happy. And there's no way I can cut back on food since I like it too much.

The sad part is I know how little exercise I could do and still lose weight. I'm just very lazy.
Old 03-28-2010, 11:08 PM   #14
Chef Extraordinaire

i am overweight and i don't care anymore. would be good for health i suppose. but so boring, and i feel to deprived. oh? did i say i am old. not obese, just have a grandma body. lol
Old 03-29-2010, 05:29 AM   #15
Flour Child

Is there a woman on the planet who is happy with her weight? We can be perfect and still not happy...too skinny, too fat, too much here, not enough there. I have to laugh at what Shelley Winters said, "I'm not overweight, I'm just 9 inches too short."

. My kitchen is for dancing. Bring me sunshine in a cup~emily dickinson. Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad.
mollyanne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2010, 09:40 AM   #16
Head Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by mollyanne View Post
Is there a woman on the planet who is happy with her weight?

I'm about 5 pounds over my target weight. Whenever my clothes feel tight around the waist and hips, I have to get strict on myself. I'm not too happy about it because I'm eating less than what I used to, and yet I feel the weight creeping up. (And this is already with my normal 6-7 hours of sports a week!) I think the culprit is my slowing metabolism
Old 03-29-2010, 10:35 AM   #17
Executive Chef

My doctor just increased my synthroid by 50% so I'm hoping that will help me to lose a few pounds. I only have 10% of my thyroid since I had surgery early on to remove the rest. It does seem I have a bit more energy than before so I hope that will help me to exercise, but I find exercise so boooooring!
Old 03-29-2010, 12:23 PM   #18
Certified Cake Maniac

I guess I am one of the few women that is actually happy with their weight no matter what it is because I choose to not let it get to me anymore - whatever it is, I just deal with it!

I was holding at a fairly ideal weight until my latest health battles and between not being able to move much and fluid retention. Also other people were providing meals or I was making quick items that were not necessarily part of my usual lifestyle choices. I was horrified when I got on the scale and saw I had gained 60 pounds! Well I have lost the fluid (almost 20 pounds worth!) and am eating better so I am sure I can get it back to where I want to be in good time.

http://beinglydia.com
LPBeier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2010, 03:16 PM   #19
Flour Child

I like DC member cara's viewpoint via her signature:

"~~~ Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, wine in the other, totally worn out and screaming "WOO HOO what a ride!"

...good one, cara

. My kitchen is for dancing. Bring me sunshine in a cup~emily dickinson. Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad.
mollyanne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2010, 11:04 AM   #20
Sous Chef

I like looking good in size 36, as much as I like cooking and eating. What a clash of interests! I wish I was one of those folks who never gain weight, no matter what they eat.