Your weight - Are you happy with it?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Mel!

Sous Chef
I am happy with mine.

Although I love food, I make a special effort to stay at the weight I want to be at, or not much above it. When I put on a few pounds, I switch to yogurt and fruit, until it goes away again.

Mel:)

I'm so happy with my weight, I keep adding more - I wan't to be ecstatic! My doctor, on the other hand, is not happy about it.

I'm fine with it until I take the dogs hiking in the mountains and am huffing and puffing up grades, or I get up in the morning with a back ache and know that I wouldn't have it if I were fifty pounds lighter. Then I make some waffles and forget about it.

Waffles, good forgetting food. I'm not happy with my weight and am working hard to take it off...another 35 lbs and I'll be happy.

Love my current weight

I'm at 165 pounds which is fine for a 5'10" male. I've maintained this weight for two years now. :chef:

I used to weigh 195 pounds and decided to slowly lose weight by changing what and how I ate plus going for daily walks.

I've never been happy with my weight.......even when others thought I was the perfect size, the scale said something else to me. Could have something to do with at birth I weighed an enormous 10 lbs. 11 oz, so I guess I was doomed from the start. :wacko: I'm tall and have a large frame, but still !! Much of my problem is I love to cook, and I love my own cooking!!
The only time I lost a lot of weight without any effort was when my husband died, and I sure wouldn't recommend that. Sometimes I wonder how I lived through it. We were married 42 yrs.
I've been on every diet known to man and have lost a ton of weight, and gained it back, over my lifetime. I'm on the bandwagon again and this time I'm doing it sensibly...high protein, no refined carbs, no potatoes, low fat. I love cook elaborate meals, but right now I have to get back to basics, and thankfully my new husband is great about it. I sometimes cook him a meal I'd love to eat. lol
Surprisingly it helps me to be here at DC, reading and posting about my favorite thing...COOKING. :chef:
My husband and I will be doing two international cruises this summer......eeek, let's see how I do then !!

I'd like to lose 10 lbs. I'm working on it, a little at a time. I've quit smoking and started taking insulin...two things that usually put on weight...but I've also quit drinking and have to watch my diet, so I'm not doing too badly. :angel:

I'm not happy. And there's no way I can cut back on food since I like it too much.

The sad part is I know how little exercise I could do and still lose weight. I'm just very lazy.

i am overweight and i don't care anymore. would be good for health i suppose. but so boring, and i feel to deprived. oh? did i say i am old. not obese, just have a grandma body. lol

Is there a woman on the planet who is happy with her weight? We can be perfect and still not happy...too skinny, too fat, too much here, not enough there. I have to laugh at what Shelley Winters said, "I'm not overweight, I'm just 9 inches too short."

Is there a woman on the planet who is happy with her weight?
:)

I'm about 5 pounds over my target weight. Whenever my clothes feel tight around the waist and hips, I have to get strict on myself. I'm not too happy about it because I'm eating less than what I used to, and yet I feel the weight creeping up. (And this is already with my normal 6-7 hours of sports a week!) I think the culprit is my slowing metabolism :(

My doctor just increased my synthroid by 50% so I'm hoping that will help me to lose a few pounds. I only have 10% of my thyroid since I had surgery early on to remove the rest. It does seem I have a bit more energy than before so I hope that will help me to exercise, but I find exercise so boooooring!

I guess I am one of the few women that is actually happy with their weight no matter what it is because I choose to not let it get to me anymore - whatever it is, I just deal with it! :)

I was holding at a fairly ideal weight until my latest health battles and between not being able to move much and fluid retention. Also other people were providing meals or I was making quick items that were not necessarily part of my usual lifestyle choices. I was horrified when I got on the scale and saw I had gained 60 pounds! Well I have lost the fluid (almost 20 pounds worth!) and am eating better so I am sure I can get it back to where I want to be in good time.

I like DC member cara's viewpoint via her signature:

"~~~ Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, wine in the other, totally worn out and screaming "WOO HOO what a ride!"

...good one, cara

I like looking good in size 36, as much as I like cooking and eating. What a clash of interests! I wish I was one of those folks who never gain weight, no matter what they eat. :)

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom