9 month old Guinness... still good for cooking?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

crankin

Senior Cook
I have a couple of bottles of Guinness that were bought around the holidays last year... so from the point of purchase to now are about 8-9 months old. I'm wondering if these would still be passable either for drinking or, if not, for cooking? Is there any risk of getting sick from old beer or is it just that the taste will go bad?

I wouldn't be afraid to use them in a batch of pancakes or waffles. That's how "mature" gets used here if there is a question. I certainly don't think it's toxic, maybe not so bubbly.

by the second or third beer, it should taste fine.

and you will be surrounded by beautiful women.

i promise.

I wouldn't chance it. Send them to me and I will test them for you.
Come to think of it, I don't like Guinness either, but it would probably be fine in Gumbo :chef:

you know, gq, i know that when i meet you i'd be struck.

i'd be aware there is a woman near me. i can smell you, like a flower. i could taste you, like sugar on my tongue. when i'm 20 feet away, i can hear the fabric of your dress when you move in your chair...

:)

beware irish beer goggles... lol.

Last edited:

i'd be aware there is a woman near me. i can smell you, like a flower. i could taste you, like sugar on my tongue. when i'm 20 feet away, i can hear the fabric of your dress when you move in your chair...

hey,bill shakespeare,cut to the chase already...great b**bs,nice ass,generous smile...what're you doing for the rest of your life.......

It took a second or two for it to come to mind. Joe vs The Volcano....right?....

lol, hoot is on the ball.

maybe that's not the right expression...

it's a killer line if you deliver it with sincerity.

he hee.

great, silly flick.

along the lines of "night shift", "the freshman", "only the lonely", or going way back, "solid gold cadillac".

harry, memorize it and use it. it works. i promise. :cool:

not on her madgesty, though. :mellow: bolas has his own svengali thing going on.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom