A flight of bourbon!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
ronjohn55 said:
:glare:

**makes a note to change the locks on the liquor cabinet again...**

:-p

John

(Oh, wait. My bottle of Booker's is here in metro Detroit, and Vera can not come to Detroit, she's seen Kentucky Fried Movie)

I have missed you so!! I do hope you are well, and fortunately for you, yes, your Booker's in safe in Detroit. I don't think you are, though, my friend;)

Hopz said:
I have enjoyed this thread and agree with all the recommendations for high end liquor.

As a son of the South in general and of Tennessee in particular I enjoy sour mash whiskey as part of my heritage.

I can throw-in the Evan Williams brand as a good, every-day drink... meaning not to have everyday but not reserved for special occasions.

Side-by-side with Jack Daniels and Beam I believe it offers smoother, sweeter profile, and at a far lower price- thus providing great value.

Hiya, Hopz!
Evan Williams is on the shelf downstairs in very good company.

Constance said:
When I first went away to college, my dad, Mr. White, sat me down and had a talk with me. A youthful wild hair does run in the family, and he knew I was gonna party.
He told me, "We Whites can drink all the beer we want, but we can't drink whisky." Of course it went in one ear and out the other.

I went off to school, and come the first big fraternity party, I found out what whisky can do to "us Whites".
I'd been drinking beer all afternoon and early evening, but when the band started playing, one of the guys started giving me shots of bourbon. I killed a whole pint, and really made a fool of myself. In addition to dancing myself into a frenzy to songs like "Gloria", I had to be walked around the parking lot, and then hung my head out the door of the car all the way back to the dorm. My fiancee was so disgusted, he left me there, and the guys that got me drunk had to take me back to the dorm.
I ended up being taken to the hospital, having a gawdawful hangover for 3 days, and having to face Dean Dickey, dean of women, old maid, and retired Baptist preacher the next morning. She didn't like my Yankee attitude, and put me on disciplinary probation.

That's the last time I drank Bourbin for many years. But I did develop a taste for Scotch...Chevas Regal, which I drank on the rocks. I won't bore you with details, but I found that Scotch made me crazy.

My dad was right.

Personally, and for conversation, I'd love to hear more about the disciplinary probation. Did you have to wash the floor with your toothbrush:huh:?

VeraBlue said:
I have missed you so!! I do hope you are well, and fortunately for you, yes, your Booker's in safe in Detroit. I don't think you are, though, my friend;)

It's nice to be back. :mrgreen:

Been swamped at work, and blew up the PC at home (It had been threatening to do that since before Christmas). Work is slowing down a bit, I've rebuilt the PC, now I just need to finsih up my class for the term (4 more weeks) and I'll be relatively free to be swamped with other things for the summer! :wacko:

And to keep this on topic, the bourbon of choice around the house lately has been Jim Beam. Not much though, although we are discussing a few things around the neighborhood, discussing a possible bourbon tasting party.

And I'm plenty safe here, I've not had a gun pulled on me in 15 years or so!

John

Darlin' we do NOT drink the well water here on the Island and we will not drink city water (when we move) unless it is filtered. The dogs get filtered water, and the ice maker, coffee, and bourbon get only bottled water.

:):) Bourbon is the "family" drink. My folks drank bourbon, my in laws drank bourbon. I did get stuck on scotch during my 2nd marriage - but always return to my heritage!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom