"Absolut Pears"

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Sounds Like a Great Guy

:-p Your Sweetie sounds like a great guy. Hopefully the drink is ok. Try it with, pine apple juice......let me know~!!!!!!

Pineapple juice? I think not. The only use for pineapple juice is mixing with bad asian pear sake. What kind of cook are you? oh..... looks like you are an "assistant cook" by your profile? And what the heck does "skurz" stand for? Hopefully not those neurotic Husker fans......

Sounds to me like maybe you should stay the heck out of your FAVORITE WOMAN IN THE WORLD'S kitchen and let her handle the food production.... :glare:

I may as well introduce him now... (jerry springer suspense music).... skurz 32.... is my significant..... other............ lover............ fiance!!!!!!!!!!!! (sigh) I think he is wanting to learn to cook before Valentine's Day. Hot dogs and cookie dough are not suitable valentine'es fare. (good luck to those who wish to enter this contest) Shannon, over and out, roger

hey skurz32 - welcome!
But beware....there's this "shannon" person lurking around the site....
Make sure not to give her any pear absolut or she gets really really silly:LOL:

So, I picked up a bottle of this on the way home. Simply have to try it now. More than likely I'll try it with a drop or two of the goldschlager, although I have a feeling a drop of godiva white chocolate liquer would be equally as inviting.
I'll let you know how it turns out. It's 15 degrees here, but we may end up in the hot tub, anyway:LOL:

Vera, I thought white chocolate liqueur sounded good too, but I was afraid the vodka would curdle it? Not really in the mood for a cement mixer, hmm mmm, no. :LOL:

When you first open the bottle the aroma of bartlet pears wafts out like an autumn genie. It's enticing to the point that you may feel the slightest twinge of disappointment that you cannot actually 'chew' it...

I added 2 ounces to a shaker with ice, and then added 2 drops of the goldschlager. It was magnificent. We had two each before I was cajoling Lou into the hot tub. He did his best mule impersonation and we never got out the door. He insisted our heads would freeze while the rest of our bodies remained hot and steamy. Sometimes you gotta let the guy win so he thinks he actually has some say in the important things. I say you gotta pick the hill you want to die on...and that wasn't it. ;);)

Absolut Pears....magnificent.

hahaha, you two sound sweet and playful! Isn't the aroma beautiful? It's soft enough to keep you interested and wanting just a little more, and it teases you to keep trying to hold onto the fresh scent.

Back
Top Bottom