"Absolut Pears"

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

shannon in KS

Cooking Links Contest Winner
Cannot wait to try this!!! Inspired by the tender anjou pear. mmmmm, my favorite!! We have called several places trying to get a bottle, and finally found someone who had it in stock! Sweetie will be home from work around 9:45, with me in wait! My first idea was mixing it with vanilla liquor, and looking at the website, they suggest the same thing!
Edit: I think it would be good with pomegranate liqueur too! And probably a lot of other things! The website has some really good drink recipes regardless! Countdown to 9:45!!!

9:39 Y-U-M!!!! Like biting into a fresh pear! LOVE IT!
www.absolutdrinks.com

Last edited:
Unfortunatly I can't give the recipe for the drink I had because I didn't make it or see it being made, but I can tell you I've had it and very much enjoyed it. I think the drink was made with Diet Sprite and maybe something else, but I'm really not sure.

What about a peartini.....with a tiny tiny droplet of goldschlager??? Use a cinnamon stick as a swizzle.

Oh Shannon - this is a good one! I "Absolut"ly love it! The vodka is a light green color, very pretty. I keep mine in the freezer. The first two times I shook it in the martini shaker and drank it like that. The third time I had it on ice - again wonderful!

I never thought of mixing it with pomegranite liqueur - I have a bottle of PAMA-which is fabulous. Maybe pick up a bottle of that with the Absolut - sounds fantastic. Can't wait to hear what you think.

Oh, and the scent is wonderful! My mom, who does not drink at all, smelled it and loved it. Make sure you sniff before you drink!

I loved the smell too! I am think of replacing my Victoria Secret Pear Glace splash with this! :ROFLMAO: I enjoyed smelling it as much as tasting! It is so true to the taste and smell of a pear. Last night I mixed it with vanilla vodka and a splash of sprite. I thought of this today too: jello shots with the white grape or cranberry jello! It is the first flavor released this year by Absolut, and looks like it is getting rave reviews! It definitely has my vote! My fiance is sure I have lost my mind... :wacko: Cheers!

TATT - we're not telling you again, really, are you listening to anyone? - YOU HAVE EGG ON YOUR FACE!!!!!!! :rolleyes:

I can't wait to try this - I forgot to go to the ABC store today - will definitely try to remember tomorrow - writing myself a big note!

hahaha! This is a little off topic, but hey, I started it, I can hijack it... I think? :ermm: Anyways, the talk of bacon reminds me of a website: www.iheartbacon.com A website totally devoted to bacon! Linking back to topic, maybe we can suggested absolut bacon?

Only if we can have bacon-wrapped pears, in a bacon grease absolut pear sauce... flambeed, yeah, that! I will get to planning. :LOL: oh yeah, I will need 3 forms of identification, proof of insurance, and um, all your money.

Last edited:
TATTRAT said:
DEAL! for the e-honeymoon, I have some great bacon ideas:angel:

of course you do! (in my best bubba gump voice), "bacon chicken, bacon shrimp, bacon fricasee, chicken a la bacon, lemon bacon, bacon when h*ll freezes over..." :ermm: :LOL:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom