Air Force Punch...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Lifter

Washing Up
Hello All

Yesterday being our 25th anniversary, I was thinking back to our very down budget reception that was possibly one of the best dances etc that I've ever attended...

Since my wife and I were footing the bill for the whole show, it involved "compromising" in many aspects...so since I was in the Army Reserve, the reception/dance were hosted on the drill floor of our local Armoury, with the kind permission of the CO...

And since I was President of the Sgts Mess, I had the Mess move its bar to the drill floor, while a buddy DJ'd the dance...and a future brother in law catered the late lunch...

Being as there are those guests who expect a free drink of some sort, it was decided if you didn't like the very low priced cash bar, we'd provide you with "Air Force Punch" (note that this tastes very much like Cream Soda, but kicks like the proverbial "Battery Mule")

Buy a brand new Rubbermaid 40 gallon garbage receptacle, and clean, appropriately...

Emplace 2-3 "blocks" if ice (each about twice the size of a loaf of bread)

Add 3-4 jars of maraschino cherries, including juice...

5-7 limes, 5-7 lemons, 3-5 oranges, all sliced very thinly

(Fruit portion should weigh about 7-10 lbs)

2 quarts cranberry juice

12 each bottles of 25 ounces (Imperial) of Canadian Rye Whiskey

2 bottles of 25 Imperial ounces of brandy

2 bottles of 25 Imperial ounces dry gin

2 litres gingerale

4 litres Club Soda

Leave this sit 3-6 hours...

When ready to serve, add several pounds of ice cubes, 2 more litres of gingerale, 6 litres of 7-Up, and 2 litres of Club Soda....

Now note that without the second batch of mix, this actually tastes quite drinkable (if you have no wish to walk much further that day!) but "diluting it" takes it down to the "survivable" level, and leads to a pretty convivial party...eating the fruit pieces accentuates the inevitable effects, BTW...

The "leftovers" bottle quite well, if you strain out the fruit remains, as during a subsequent Liquor Board Strike, 5 months later, the remains were gloriously resurrected for an office party by the mere addition of ice...

While possibly the only use for this recipe may be a wedding reception or other party entertaining at the "plus 100" persons level, it is an easy to make, and, at that rate of people, "cheap" enough alternative, on a "per capita" basis, and it would be a pity if the recipe was forgotten, as the one time I used it served so well...

Lifter.......I'm stealing this recipe. I think with the sounds of it a few at our gathering will surely enjoy this. Hopefully they don't blame me for their misdeeds while enjoying the "Air Forcr Punch"......Thanks for sharing

Canadian eh? Imperial is how they measure down there....that would be a 2-6 to us...or a 40 or a 60.....you get the idea? I think 25 ounces is the 26......750ml or so....

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom