Alton Brown's Eggnog Show Tonight

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

BreezyCooking

Washing Up
For those of you who get The Food Network channel, tonight's Alton Brown "Good Eats" show at 7 p.m. (EST) is going to be all about eggnog.

I saw that one the other night and it was great! Soooo worth watching! I had no idea how much went into it! (of course then I was at the store the next day and had to buy a quart! Southern Comfort brand makes a very nice "vanilla spice" one...and no, there's no alcohol)

Yes, I've found the "Southern Comfort" brand of commercial eggnog to so far be the best of the lot one finds in supermarkets this time of year. In fact, I have a quart of the regular type in the fridge at the moment.

A dollop of dark rum, a sprinkle of nutmeg, & I'm all set!!!

We have a local dairy that makes eggnog each year, so I've had that since I was a child. No other compares to the Oberweis eggnog. Same goes for their ice cream. Being raised on the wonderful stuff, I was sorely disappointed when the so-called premium ice creams started surfacing maybe 15 years ago. I ran out to see what all the fuss was about and found that I'd been enjoying the best premium ice cream all along! This time of year they also make eggnog ice cream, along with peppermint and my very favorite - brandy ice cream! Wow! A scoop of brandy ice cream served with a couple of shortbread cookies and you have a wonderful Christmas dessert.

Try this if you can Michellemarie! You live in my neck of the woods.

BC

Oh I missed it! I think eggnog goes a long way with desserts and other creations. I'll go check the website.

Back
Top Bottom