Anyone inject alcohol into fruit?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Jikoni, we are talking about using a syringe. Not sure if I can explain it well, but here goes...

Syringes have a cylindrical container with a plunger mechanism that contains the 'medicine' and a hollow needle. Push on the plunger to release the cylinder contents into the hollow needle, which delivers said contents into the receptacle of choice (watermelon, peach, arm, bottle of 7Up).

Michael in FtW or another person better versed in medical terminology will come along soon and explain better than me.

We've only ever had chocolate dipped strawberries injected with bourbon ... yum yum. There is a little winery outside Salem OR and they serve them on their dessert bar. They inject them when you go up so you can have them plain or in the adult form :rolleyes: .

I like the peach idea ... with Champagne it would be like a bellini. hmmmm ....

Cherries with framboise (it's a raspberry liqueur) or chambord (blackberry) has always been one of my personal favorites

Kiwis with just about anything works

Watermelons and vodka obviously

a pineapple dosed with a bullfrog (combination of vodka and limeade) is heavenly.

My dad had his "Back Room" which was off the garage and contained his BeerMister, a huge refrigerator which was stocked with wine, salami & other goodies - he was always pickeling something (never had the nerve to try any) and in the summer there was always watermelon in the fridge. My son was about 5 or 6 and had been eating "Papaw"'s melon when he began acting silly - yup - the watermelon had been injected w/vodka. He was careful thereafter to ask "Pap" which melon was safe!:ROFLMAO:

My fav, black berries and or raspberrys and a sprig of mint with chamboard and top with champange... oh simply delightful!

Of course

I have injected fruit with alcohol before. For parties, family get toegthers, and of course personal enjoyment.:) I love strawberries injected with a cream liquor and dipped in chocolate. Also in the summer time sometimes we will have watermelon with vodka or rum. Or some of the peaches my grandpa brings from kentucky, we will either put peach schnapps or rum. I like Coral Bay Rum, it's clear and mixes well with other things. But also I have just taken many different kinds of fruits; strawberries, watermelon, peaches, oranges, etc. and put them in a STERILIZED 5 gallon bucket. Then I would pour in the liquor and stir. Let it sit in the refrigerator for a couple hours before serving to let the liqour soak into the fruit. Tastes great, easy to make. But don't let them eat to much fruit and drive.:wacko:

Marishka_20 said:
But also I have just taken many different kinds of fruits; strawberries, watermelon, peaches, oranges, etc. and put them in a STERILIZED 5 gallon bucket. Then I would pour in the liquor and stir. Let it sit in the refrigerator for a couple hours before serving to let the liqour soak into the fruit. Tastes great, easy to make. But don't let them eat to much fruit and drive.:wacko:

'Round here we call that a wop, except we usually just use a cooler and add some slushy punch or something (it was wop-o-mania after we graduated from high school - with the left over punch and all :angel:)

brad

Back
Top Bottom