Apple cider

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

elaine l

Head Chef
For a Thanksgiving Eve I am preparing a little gathering. I thought of doing hot mulled cider and would like to add a little "something" to it for the grown ups. Any suggestions?

For a Thanksgiving Eve I am preparing a little gathering. I thought of doing hot mulled cider and would like to add a little "something" to it for the grown ups. Any suggestions?
A little rum might be nice.

kadesma

Keeping with the apple nature of the drink, might include an apple brandy.

Just a thought.

Rum was my first thought as well, but apple brandy is a great suggestion.

I might even do a spiced rum.

yEAH, JUST DO THE RUM AND FORGET THE CIDER ALL TOGETHER. ;) oops ,sorry,did not mean to be screaming.

Hi. I like to put a bottle each of cinnamon schnapps and applejack brandy next to the crockpot with the cider, so people can add either, both, or neither as they like.

Almost stuck me foot in me mouth Charlie..... was gonna ask when your cider version would be ready!!! :angel:

Almost stuck me foot in me mouth Charlie..... was gonna ask when your cider version would be ready!!! :angel:

If you're coming I will make it and partake of it too. The fact that I do not like to drink doesn't really mean that I would forgo good company.

the classic, aka a "broken leg" on the ski slopes, is spiced rum and warmed apple cider. i've seen fauncier versions that add a cinnamon stick, a slice or rind of lemon, and a few raisins.

Another suggestion is an Italian liquor called Tuaca, which has a citrus & vanilla flavor. When added to cider and topped with a squirt of whipped cream it almost tastes like an apple pie. Good stuff!

Tuaca is also great chilled or on the rocks or in coffee.

:heart:
Z

So my cider is ready and decided on the spiced rum on the side. Thanks for all the suggestions.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom