Beer is Supposed to be Good for You Now.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Corey123

Washing Up
I saw on the news this morning, that beer is supposed to be good for you now. Like coffee, chocolate and wine, it's supposed to help stimulate the heart and other organs.

But it must be consumed in moderation without overdoing it. At least two drinks a day, maybe.:)

~Corey123.

This is actually old news. All alcohol is supposed to be good for you in moderation.

I am of the opinion that most things have beneficial things in them. The key is to not overdo it on anything.

I've always believed that beer was good for you...I guess that's the German in me.
There's this big thing in the US now about not letting nursing mothers drink, but when I had my babies, the doctors told me that beer made milk. I don't believe I ever had over 2-3, though...a new mother is always worn out, and once the baby was asleep, I usually was too.
I have a bi-polar friend who is anorexic and alcoholic. For a while, I got her to quit the hard liquor and stick with beer, and she actually started eating and gaining weight.

Constance, when my wife was nursing the doctor did not tell her she could not drink. He actually even suggested it if the baby was having trouble sleeping.

:)
GB said:
Constance, when my wife was nursing the doctor did not tell her she could not drink. He actually even suggested it if the baby was having trouble sleeping.

My doctor told me to have a least one beer a day....
Kind of funny since I was 19.:)

A little elderly couple that lived next door to me - 30 years ago kept a little refrigerator in their bedroom with beer - doctors orders - drink 1 or 2 a day to help flush his kidneys! lol

There really is no "new" what's good for you what's bad for you - maybe a FEW things but not really anything new new new. The thing that I am amazed that changes pretty often is how to put a baby down to sleep - on the back - on the stomach - on the side with padding so it won't turn over either way.

Kitchenelf, everyone knows that the correct way to put the baby down to sleep is left hand green, right leg red.

GB said:
Kitchenelf, everyone knows that the correct way to put the baby down to sleep is left hand green, right leg red.

Ignorant grandfather-to-be here. Please explain.

Now look what you've done GB - if this starts a new trend we were here to see it happen!!!!! Andy M. - I thought I told you to put GB on your ignore list? :angel: :ROFLMAO:

Just to add my two cents here. GB, I agree with you 100% that everything in moderation is OK to do.

I must add though that beer, or really alcohol in general is not a good idea for diabetics until they are very stable. Alcohol is one of those things that really screws with your sugars. So Corey, I'm not sure how fragile your diabetes is, but I would say one or two beers a day would be a big no no for you unless you have stablized a whole bunch.

pdswife, when I had my kids the "lactation consultant" (read nurse) told me to have a glass of wine or a beer if I was having trouble nursing. The La Leche League concurred. It apparently relaxes Mom so that things work better. LOL, doesn't hurt to put baby to sleep either!

kitchenelf said:
Now look what you've done GB - if this starts a new trend we were here to see it happen!!!!! Andy M. - I thought I told you to put GB on your ignore list? :angel: :ROFLMAO:
:ROFLMAO: :LOL: :ROFLMAO: :LOL:

How are we having this conversation without Ronjohn?

Now that I know how good it is, I believe I'll go downstairs and get me some of the "good" stuff:chef:

GB said:
This is actually old news. All alcohol is supposed to be good for you in moderation.

I am of the opinion that most things have beneficial things in them. The key is to not overdo it on anything.

I just heard about it today.

~Corey123.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom